Thread Closed Email Thread
23rd June 2012, 12:29 AM |#481  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,481

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leodfs

his suggestion of an option to try to connect on the last server on boot is very good too. Just emulate one click on connect button on boot, no need to a elaborate, aggressive way to connect.
That is no way related to the suggestion some lazy dude did some posts ago.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

First, thanks for the constant suggestions, my desire is to improve more and more to meet your needs.
The forum is to exchange ideas.

For me it would be very easy to implement an automatic connection at boot of the client, but I can not understand its usefulness in a real and daily use.

In particular, I can not understand what is the difference of an automatic connection and a simple button click conect on a ip previously entered.

There may be problems in a super automatic connection, and are as follows:

1) many home users, use the dhcp on the router and ip have to change very often.
2) if you forgot to enable the wifi, as often happens to me, you still have a connect button to reconnect. Same thing if there are temporary network problems
3) using the connect button, compel to pay attention to what ip takes place
4) I often start the client first and then the server
5) we are not all high-tech, people get confused and forget the check box auto connect, and always find the message "server not reachable" (giving negative votes in the market, just because of their inexperience)

In summary I would like a good reason for its implementation.
I worry that it might bring more disadvantages than advantages
The Following User Says Thank You to zulu99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zulu99 Ad-Free

23rd June 2012, 01:09 AM |#482  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
I do understand you.
I am afraid, with all the points, i don't have real good reason of advantages. The device I use as server stays always in the same place and has static ip, settings never changes, and it is almost always on. I believe people that has the same set of 1 server - 1 client would take advantage, as the server typically is turned on before client does.

The thing i can argue about is about disadvantages. the way i think it would have none. If the teorical box is checked it would try to connect to last server on boot. If it succeeded the message of connection appears. If not, nothing changes and the app would behave like it does now.

To avoid confusion the label of this supposed box could be: "try to connect to last server on boot", never mention nothing as auto connection.

Any way, your app is great the way it is. Things are, geeks are lazy and july is approaching

23rd June 2012, 03:11 PM |#483  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
I would have to agree about the auto connection option. I think many people would use it and if you put a warning or popup when it gets checked no one should mistake it for a application problem/bug if it does not auto connect because and IP address changed. Like the other guy said, at least provide the option and if it fails to connect it would be just like nothing happened and users would just have to use the connection button. Auto connect to the last successful connection would be best.

On another note. It would be nice to be able to customize the screen layout and add quick launch icons. For instance under the media player controls I would like to have icons for my common media players and when I click it would launch it on the other device. Just seems like there is a lot of unused space the could be used for something like this. Also, I would prefer to just get ride of the game controller button as I never play games...
23rd June 2012, 06:03 PM |#484  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
hi all

I have had this app some time now but never really used it as it seemed not to support touch screen controls in games well. But now with the game pad touch screen implementation it looks much more usable, well done developer & now father so I read :D

can anyone please help with these kl files. I have copied as instructed below

Get the attached zip files and put:
droidmote.kl in /system/usr/keylayout ------> this file is for customization
droidmote.kcm /system/usr/keychars -----> this file only one time.

but I cannot select a keyboard type when in settings of droidmote client in support profile, gamepad2touch is activated but when I touch select profile nothing comes up so I can't implement the key layouts

Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong as i would like to play some 3d games with it etc.

Many thanks
23rd June 2012, 08:05 PM |#485  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello.

I have a Droid razr maxx connected to my Samsung TV via HDMI. It is on the latest update and busybody. It is rooted. I'm using foxfi as the tethering app. On the remote end is an OG Droid. The Droid connects to foxfi with no issues. I enabled the server on the razr got superuser permission.

On the Droid I type the foxfi IP into the connect box. It does not connect. What am I doing wrong?
23rd June 2012, 08:18 PM |#486  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
@mecevans: your both phones are Droids, you better be more specific on the names on your description.

@Pgunning1: from the market page.

Android versions > 2.2: support: mouse,keyboard,dpad,mediaplyer,gamepad to keyboard.

Android versions > 3.2: support: mouse,keyboard,,dpad,mediaplyer,real gamepad, multitouch touchpad,touch profiles.

what is the android version of your server?

23rd June 2012, 08:42 PM |#487  

More
@Pgunning1: from the market page.

Android versions > 2.2: support: mouse,keyboard,dpad,mediaplyer,gamepad to keyboard.

Android versions > 3.2: support: mouse,keyboard,,dpad,mediaplyer,real gamepad, multitouch touchpad,touch profiles.

what is the android version of your server?

Hi thanks for the reply

Ok software versions are the latest from play,

the droid client phone firmware is 2.3.4

droid server phone firmware 2.3.5

So does that mean that both need to be upgraded for me to use the gamepad, but why cant I see the keyboard selection in the options.

If you need further data them please let me know.

ATB
23rd June 2012, 10:54 PM |#488  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leodfs

@mecevans: your both phones are Droids, you better be more specific on the names on your devices.

Like my post states, an OG Droid > Droid RAZR Maxx > Samsung Tv
24th June 2012, 12:06 AM |#489  

More
Hi My phone types are droid client is Moto Droid 3 and droid server is LG Optimus 3d, both of which have talked to each other no problem through the software, and control the screen ok, I just can't get the Droid 3 menu option for kl to show I have left the two files as standard and can see them in the usr keyboard folders, and can edit the file KL so its not corrupt.

Any advise on why I cant select a keyboard layout would be awesome, perhaps in a future date a standard layout and selector could be built in rather than having to copy them to the folders, I know its not hard to do so, but it may prevent issues like mine ! very confused as to why its gone wrong.

ATB
24th June 2012, 12:29 AM |#490  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,481

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgunning1

Hi My phone types are droid client is Moto Droid 3 and droid server is LG Optimus 3d, both of which have talked to each other no problem through the software, and control the screen ok, I just can't get the Droid 3 menu option for kl to show I have left the two files as standard and can see them in the usr keyboard folders, and can edit the file KL so its not corrupt.

Any advise on why I cant select a keyboard layout would be awesome, perhaps in a future date a standard layout and selector could be built in rather than having to copy them to the folders, I know its not hard to do so, but it may prevent issues like mine ! very confused as to why its gone wrong.

ATB

in the client when you enable gamepad2touch you must select an xml file created with "Touch Profile Creator"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN5jCXgEUfo
after create this file put it in the sdcard folder of the client

droidmote.kl has nothing to do with the new functions gamepadto touch
Many things have changed, watch videos on youtube to see the latest news, and then in the forum you find all the answers.

in the android versions > 3.0 in every new update the droidmote.kl is created automatically.
this file has now reached its standard and will change almost never. only for custom actions, for example like the mediaplayer mentioned by rkirmeier

for rkirmeie:
you can customize all that you want with droidmote

p.s.
sorry for the quick responses, tomorrow I will try to answer all better.
I was all day to compile a rom for the mini pc MK802.
I want that DroidMote work on this device. Monday I should get, but I carried on with the job.
24th June 2012, 03:00 PM |#491  

More
Hi Thanks for the info

Right got it working as the LG has two sd cards, now on the right one and I can see the profiles.

Used the editor with screen shot of Nova & Sandstorm, selecting buttons for left & right stick on the picture, checked the resolution 480x800 of the pic & screen but nothing moves of the screen droid mote is connected ok, mouse works on the screen of the displaying phone, but nothing works on the gamepad ver 2.8.5 ??? doesnt move nor any of the assigned buttons work.

Game screen attached and xml info below :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<profile>
<screen-size x="800" y="480" orientation="0"></screen-size>
<left-stick x="138" y="359" radius="76"></left-stick>
<right-stick x="667" y="360" radius="78"></right-stick>
<button-x x="28" y="30" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></button-x>
<button-b x="783" y="451" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></button-b>
<button-circle x="748" y="136" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></button-circle>
<button-y x="728" y="26" swipe="right" sw-distance="52"></button-y>
<button-triangle x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></button-triangle>
<button-z x="694" y="25" swipe="left" sw-distance="64"></button-z>
<button-square x="401" y="241" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></button-square>
<button-a x="26" y="445" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></button-a>
<arrow-up x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></arrow-up>
<arrow-down x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></arrow-down>
<arrow-left x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></arrow-left>
<arrow-right x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></arrow-right>
<arrow-nw x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></arrow-nw>
<arrow-ne x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></arrow-ne>
<arrow-sw x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></arrow-sw>
<arrow-se x="0" y="0" swipe="none" sw-distance="0"></arrow-se>
</profile>

What have I done wrong as Nova is the same, mouse kinda works but when in game controller mode nothing.

Many thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-06-24-11-10-16.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	1152613  
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread