ALL Galaxy Tab 8.9 Questions Go Here

Search This thread

huda2k

Nov 28, 2009
my Galaxy 8.9 I957 is bricked as i think

Good day everyone, In reality I am facing a hardly problem with my tablet 8.9 ,as it is already bricked after install ICS STOCK and call phone patches, without any hanging or stuck ,it is turned off for ever ,
when i attach it to my PC it reads as Qualcomm cdma technologies MSM ,and when i go to plug it to my virtual Linux machine it reads as 7 Partitions storage and it has data,So please if there is someone can help please cause I bought it from USA and I am not American.
Hope to hear soon from you .Thanks

fred_be9300

Mar 12, 2011
Do you know the exact type of your tablet. It sounds like maybe you have an AT&T LTE tablet, on which you mistakenly loaded a gsm (p7300) ROM ?

huda2k

Nov 28, 2009
Do you know the exact type of your tablet. It sounds like maybe you have an AT&T LTE tablet, on which you mistakenly loaded a gsm (p7300) ROM ?

of course it is galaxy tab I957 same AT&T LTE , and I have installed the right version official 4.0.4 ICS bring it from sammobile.com
then i followed the instruction to root the it from recovery ,and asked me to reboot to system then it is a dead now .
Please if there anyone can help ?:crying:

breezeli

Feb 14, 2010
Massapequa, NY
Ok, I was hoping to find the easy solution, but no luck.

Having bought my wife a new tablet, I've inherited her at&t i957 lte 8.9. It's still running stock, but I hate leaving anything stock, so I figured I'd trash it and start over and upgrade the rom. So I've factory reset it and I want to connect to odin, but no such luck, 3 pcs will not recognize it. I'm using the Samsung cable and once it came up and said that it wasn't recognized, but otherwise I get nothing. I installed the usb drivers, tried different machines' different usb ports, but I'm getting nowhere.

It WILL beep when I connect it like it is charging, so I don't know if it's the cable. If I can't connect, is there another way to update the recovery? I tried using goo, but that fc's on me.

Thanks for any ideas.

Last edited:

fuzzy_one

Nov 8, 2011
Problem on [4.1.2][P7300] AOSP Android 4.1.2 [14-11-2012][Beta 13]

( as i can't post on development thread..)
hi, anyone using [4.1.2][P7300/P7310] AOSP Android 4.1.2 [14-11-2012][Beta 13] ?? Is there a fix for these 2 issues:
- Sound--> Volume ==> Unfortunately, Setting has stopped..
- Display --> Brightness ==> Unfortunately, Setting has stopped

Just want to know if there is a fix coz now i use Widget for Volume and Brightness instead.

thanks

Droidling

Dec 26, 2012
A1 Kernel V1.8.3b

Hi peoples

I installed A1 Kernel V1.8.3b onto Safariking's StockRom_Discovery V6.0.1.

As far as I can see the installation was successful, because I can see the correct kernel and ROM details in the system info, however the root wasn't working and it doesn't appear to be overclocked or have extra memory etc.

I installed kk_root_ics.zip which then fixed the issue with the tab not being rooted, but the system is still not overclocked. Am I missing something? Everything seems stable, however, I can't really see any difference compared to stock Open Austria ROM I previously had installed. (I does seem a little smoother I guess, but thats it). I have the 3G firmware and kernel on the WiFi version of the tab, but this hasn't caused any problems for me, I just put it into flight mode to disable mobile data.

Any ideas? I'd like to overclock to improve performance.

thanks

Edit: nvm, i worked it out. I've installed no frills cpu control and now i can access the frequency settings :) all working as indended.

Last edited:

salvz

Dec 29, 2012
[ROM][4.2.1][P7310][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 [2012-12-24]

Evening guys,

Since I cannot write in the thread with the name above (about the samsung galaxy tab 8.9 lte P73XX) according to the rules I will ask here, with a little bit of luck C-o-M or someone that know can help me

In the threat this says that is for the model P7300 and 7310...I have one P7320, can I still use this ROM?

Thank you in advance?

scrambler3

Apr 11, 2011
Missing "Tethering & portable hotspot" Option

Hi everyone,

I just got an ATT SGH-I957 (Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE). I updated it to the official ICS with Kies, all is good.

Now it looks like the “Tethering & portable hotspot” option is missing from Wireless & Networks > More page

I am fearing ATT has removed that option so I wanted to know:

1) If anyone has confirmation that it is the case.

2) If so, is it something we can ask ATT to restore under certain conditions (I saw for cell phone a 5Gb share plan is supposed to give you the option).

3) Will Unlocking the tablet carrier (which I plan to do for when I travel) and use a carrier that allows tethering (like T-Mobile) bring the Option Back.

4) If not, is there a way to get that option back manually (App or other).

Appreciate any feedback as this is a pretty critical feature I need on that tablet.

Happy New year to all.

Last edited:

fred_be9300

Mar 12, 2011
We have a few kernels, it's secure change kernel to test all?
and how return or downgrade to kernel stock?

yes, but ONLY use kernels that are made for your device. Downgrade to stock will probably require you to reflash the ROM you are on, although some ROM owners have created separate 'kernel-only' zips to flash back

Since I cannot write in the thread with the name above (about the samsung galaxy tab 8.9 lte P73XX) according to the rules I will ask here, with a little bit of luck C-o-M or someone that know can help me

In the threat this says that is for the model P7300 and 7310...I have one P7320, can I still use this ROM?

Probably not! 7320 is different hardware; while 7300 and 7310 are very alike.

orlandoxpolice

Mar 6, 2007
Good day everyone, In reality I am facing a hardly problem with my tablet 8.9 ,as it is already bricked after install ICS STOCK and call phone patches, without any hanging or stuck ,it is turned off for ever ,
when i attach it to my PC it reads as Qualcomm cdma technologies MSM ,and when i go to plug it to my virtual Linux machine it reads as 7 Partitions storage and it has data,So please if there is someone can help please cause I bought it from USA and I am not American.
Hope to hear soon from you .Thanks

what patches?

huda2k

Nov 28, 2009
thanks for reply ,but I had followed the instruction from that link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1879411
as it asks to do the following :

Basically follow the steps given in the link.... For example, the one I followed was...

For [ROMs based Samsung Stock ICS 4.0.4 Deodex OR Odex]
1- Reboot to Recovery Mode.
2- Make a Full Backup. [Recommend]
3- Install File CWM_I9103XXLQ3_Modem.zip
4- Install File Voice Call Enable [Stock] ICS 4.0.4 ROM Build 1.zip
5- Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache.
6- Reboot the tab and enjoy voice call.

and I sadly did that

rickinshah

Jan 2, 2013
USB driver no longer working after CM10.1 on GT-P7310 Android 4.2.1

After flashing CM10.1 on GT-P7310 and upgrading the tablet to 4.2.1, I am unable to use USB cable to connect the device to my PC. This was working fine before the upgrade.
I get the error on "Android Composite ADB Interface" under Device Manager however the Samsung Android ADB Interface looks fine under the Device Manager

-Android Phone
|__ x Android Composite ADB Interface
|__ x Android Composite ADB Interface
|__ Samsung Android ADB Interface

Pringles2

Jan 3, 2013
Manila
How do i fix Google Servers?

My Tablet(16 gb white only) is rooted using cwm 5.5.0.4, i have been getting errors from google servers, about cant establish reliable data connection, and other couldn't sign in problems, i have a stable wifi, my browser works freely, youtube works freely, i cant acces google play store because i cant login my google account, please i need urgent help!

pescorilo

May 25, 2012
[KERNEL][CM10/CM10.1/JB/JB-MR1][P7300/P7310][LINARO][ADD]IceBolt v1.1.2.3 (04-01-13)

hello, as I cannot post in kernel thread, maybe someone (hopefully UT36104) can reply:
on the last update (today's version 1.1.2.3), video is working great (as a plus) but tablet freezes in deep sleep (model p7300, cm10 kaltkaffe , 3g) with both GPU OC or not. Are you aware of that, anyone else having this issue?

plantunes

Jun 29, 2007
Hi there...
Don't know if this is the place...
Can anyone tell me how can I unlock the SIM lock of my 8.9" LTE?

runhappy

Jan 1, 2013
Do any of the ROMs for the Galaxy Tab 8.9 offer the old tablet UI? Or is there any way to switch back to that UI?

JU57FL1P

Jun 12, 2012
I have a huge problem ,the tablet is BOOTLOOPING after trying to return to stock 3.2 android!

Oct 9, 2012
São Paulo
Hi there...
Don't know if this is the place...
Can anyone tell me how can I unlock the SIM lock of my 8.9" LTE?

Try put your sim in another phone (preferably the old), unlock the sim and remove sim lock, put again the sim on tab and now your sim is unlock on tab, this work to my oldest "chinaPhone".

Do any of the ROMs for the Galaxy Tab 8.9 offer the old tablet UI? Or is there any way to switch back to that UI?

You can install some launcher from Play Store, look for the theme from old OS, most launchers has appearance of old systems, some launchers have mini apps and apps, but consume more memory and battery

I have a huge problem ,the tablet is BOOTLOOPING after trying to return to stock 3.2 android!

From which ROM you try the downgrade?
whitch CWM version you have?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Until we Get a Forum for the 8.9 can you use this Thread
    Thanks Guys
    A :)
    what android version is on your 8.9? Reviews say it comes with 3.2 preloaded but mine has 3.1 and when i check for updates it says there are none.

It should be 3.1 .. exactly like Tab 10.1
    I flash the KI1 rom for my Orange branded rom galaxy tab 8.9, and I can rooted her and I have no yellow triangle like GS2.

So I think you can flash !

And I keep my IMEI. ;)

Yes it is a no wipe rom.
    there is no moisture problem,couse there is another Display! The Brightnes is a bit Lower than 10.1 it´s Time to develop a litle bit:)
    As requested...

Ok, I will say what I did and how but please note there's no turning back if you make a mistake as there is no American ODIN image (as of today on samfirmware.com) to return the tablet to its original state. That said, I'm not responsible for damages of any kind on your Galaxy Tab 8.9.

Root Instructions: HERE (also look at the second post for manual entry to the default Samsung Recovery)

- After rooting, I acquired Titanium Backup on the Market to delete Samsung bloat. There's lots of tutorials for Titanium Backup on the net, but be careful when deleting stuff, you've been warned. If you don't know what is X or Y program, google it or don't touch it. If you delete something you don't have an idea what it is, you run the risk of soft-bricking your Tab, once more, you've been warned.

- For accelerating shutdown/boot time a little, I used Root Explorer (to backup/copy or delete stuff tap on Mount R/W on the upper side of the app AND PLEASE BACKUP THE FILES/FOLDERS I'M ABOUT TO MENTION in case you want the boot/shutdown animations and tunes back). On /etc folder you see a music file named 1_Power_on.ogg and that's the tune you hear while the phone's booting.

Then on /system/media you see two files named bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg and yes those are logically the two files responsible for the spacey boot animation. On /system/media/video you see a shutdown folder and logically this is related to the shutdown animation. Before deleting files, I backed up said files (just tapped Copy and pasted them in another location) in case I wanted to restore them later on by putting them where they belong.