I decided to to go back in future and revisit this "old" ROM, because I got fed up of those new fancy-dancy GB/froyo ROMs which couldn't wake me up, make me miss calls, couldn't make photos or I have to wait 5 min before I can start using google maps.
The base of this ROM is default stock Sense 2.1 WWE from latest OTA update. I kept this build as close as possible to the original including odex files. Mixed with OC kernel and compcache this ROM features very high free data storage great multitasking and extreme performance. Few changes have been done to visual looking, but the rest is basically unchanged.
ROM is great for those who need a fast and stable phone for daily use and also decided to keep all downloaded apps on phone storage. But to unleash the best performance it is highly recommended to have microSD card class6+ formatted with ext4/swap partitions.
FULL LIST OF FEATURES:
- Rooted and upgraded to latest Superuser 3.0.7, binaries 3.0.3 & Busybox 1.19
- Fully odexed. Free phone storage after 1st boot over 150Mb
- Flykernel-13 (default CPU speed @614/264, smartassV2)
- Compcache (default 48968kb on swap). Must have formatted swap partition on SDcard with min size of 60Mb
- Apps2sdext. Only apps are moved to SD card. Dalvik is kept on phone for best performance. Requires ext4 partition on sdcard.
- Custom Desire/Slide lockscreen
- Transparent dropdown notification bar
- Reduced menu popup size
- Custom Gmail notification widget
- Friendstream and widget (Slide port)
- Flipclock widget (Slide port)
- Mail widget (Legend port)
- HTC Hub widgets
- Minor visal tweaks from Salsa & Pico framework
- Custom boot animation
- Boot app zipalign script
- Removed Footprints. I can't believe someone is still using it. And yeah, I needed more space on system.
- OpenGL 1.0. I can release an upgrade patch to 1.1 later if somebody really need it. Personally I find that v1.1 creates more problems than any good that's why I did not included in default build.
- Supported languages are: US, UK, FR, DE, ES, IT, NL, PT, SE, NO, DK, FI, CZ, PL, RU
- Asian character support
HEROINE ++ feature list:
- Includes all previous build patches and fixes
- Custom reboot menu
- Enhanced text selection in browser
- HTC RSS reader and widget (Legend port)
- Calculator widget (Legend port)
- Cleaned mess in /bin and /xbin
- Added moar widgets from HTC Hub
TIPS & TRICKS:
- CPU. To change CPU speed edit file /system/etc/init.d/05cpuspeed and chose between available speeds. No need for 3rd party apps.
- What is Compcache? I don't recommend to use with class4 or slower sd cards as it can reduce overall speed. But hey, you tell me. To disable compcache delete file /system/etc/init.d/08compcache or change file rights to 644. More theory crafting read here...
- Battery. It might be good idea to re-calibrate battery after ROM flash. Just charge to full, boot into recovery and wipe battery settings.
- Notifications/Alarms/Ringtones. You can easily add your own pack of soundtracks. For that create on sdcard folder named media. In that folder create sub-folders alarms, notifications and ringtones and copy your sounds into appropriate folders. Done. Supported formats are .mp3 and .ogg.
- What Is Odex And Deodex In Android
- Get older Waze here. Apparently it's more stable.
- 1st time boot screen goes green
- ROM HEROINE ++
- !!!Full wipe needed!!!
- Root Fix. If you lost root access or have some Superuser problems then apply this fix.
- Older builds
- Antutu - 1246 pts
- Neocore - 32fps
To erasmux for kernel, our dear banned friend Feeyo for scripts, Villain team, elelinux, riemervdzee and other devs I might forgot who inspired me to make this project.