[ROM][Sense 2.1] Heroine ++ WWE base 3.36.405.1 [10.dec.2011]

986 posts
Thanks Meter: 133

By whitealien, Retired Recognized Developer on 9th October 2011, 10:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
HEROINE ++

ROM is based on default HTC Sense 2.1 WWE build 3.36.405.1

PROLOGUE

I decided to to go back in future and revisit this "old" ROM, because I got fed up of those new fancy-dancy GB/froyo ROMs which couldn't wake me up, make me miss calls, couldn't make photos or I have to wait 5 min before I can start using google maps.

The base of this ROM is default stock Sense 2.1 WWE from latest OTA update. I kept this build as close as possible to the original including odex files. Mixed with OC kernel and compcache this ROM features very high free data storage great multitasking and extreme performance. Few changes have been done to visual looking, but the rest is basically unchanged.

ROM is great for those who need a fast and stable phone for daily use and also decided to keep all downloaded apps on phone storage. But to unleash the best performance it is highly recommended to have microSD card class6+ formatted with ext4/swap partitions.

FULL LIST OF FEATURES:
  • Rooted and upgraded to latest Superuser 3.0.7, binaries 3.0.3 & Busybox 1.19
  • Fully odexed. Free phone storage after 1st boot over 150Mb
  • Flykernel-13 (default CPU speed @614/264, smartassV2)
  • Compcache (default 48968kb on swap). Must have formatted swap partition on SDcard with min size of 60Mb
  • Apps2sdext. Only apps are moved to SD card. Dalvik is kept on phone for best performance. Requires ext4 partition on sdcard.
  • Custom Desire/Slide lockscreen
  • Transparent dropdown notification bar
  • Reduced menu popup size
  • Custom Gmail notification widget
  • Friendstream and widget (Slide port)
  • Flipclock widget (Slide port)
  • Mail widget (Legend port)
  • HTC Hub widgets
  • Minor visal tweaks from Salsa & Pico framework
  • Custom boot animation
  • Boot app zipalign script
  • Removed Footprints. I can't believe someone is still using it. And yeah, I needed more space on system.
  • OpenGL 1.0. I can release an upgrade patch to 1.1 later if somebody really need it. Personally I find that v1.1 creates more problems than any good that's why I did not included in default build.
  • Supported languages are: US, UK, FR, DE, ES, IT, NL, PT, SE, NO, DK, FI, CZ, PL, RU
  • Asian character support

WHATS NEW!

HEROINE ++ feature list:
  • Includes all previous build patches and fixes
  • Custom reboot menu
  • Enhanced text selection in browser
  • HTC RSS reader and widget (Legend port)
  • Calculator widget (Legend port)
  • Cleaned mess in /bin and /xbin
  • Added moar widgets from HTC Hub
SCREENS

TIPS & TRICKS:
  • CPU. To change CPU speed edit file /system/etc/init.d/05cpuspeed and chose between available speeds. No need for 3rd party apps.
  • What is Compcache? I don't recommend to use with class4 or slower sd cards as it can reduce overall speed. But hey, you tell me. To disable compcache delete file /system/etc/init.d/08compcache or change file rights to 644. More theory crafting read here...
  • Battery. It might be good idea to re-calibrate battery after ROM flash. Just charge to full, boot into recovery and wipe battery settings.
  • Notifications/Alarms/Ringtones. You can easily add your own pack of soundtracks. For that create on sdcard folder named media. In that folder create sub-folders alarms, notifications and ringtones and copy your sounds into appropriate folders. Done. Supported formats are .mp3 and .ogg.
  • What Is Odex And Deodex In Android
  • Get older Waze here. Apparently it's more stable.

KNOWN BUGS:
  • 1st time boot screen goes green

DOWNLOADS
  • ROM HEROINE ++
    • MD5:df9497e40fc0bb0f1f63b23909067602
    • !!!Full wipe needed!!!
  • Root Fix. If you lost root access or have some Superuser problems then apply this fix.
  • Older builds
BENCHMARKS
  • Antutu - 1246 pts
  • Neocore - 32fps

THANKS

To erasmux for kernel, our dear banned friend Feeyo for scripts, Villain team, elelinux, riemervdzee and other devs I might forgot who inspired me to make this project.

Whitealien,
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to whitealien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift whitealien Ad-Free
9th October 2011, 10:11 PM |#2  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
OTHER
  • Lirasinas colored theme. Theme: Collery for ++
  • Original HTC Lockscreen (v2). When unlocks it pulls down whole lockscreen image.
  • Heroine++ de-odexed pack. It includes de-odexed version off app and framework folders. It is not a ROM or update.zip. It is for those who want to mess arround with ROM theming or other customization. To use it you must boot into recovery, do full wipe, delete app and framework folders and push these to /system. Change recursively both folder rights to 644 and folder itself to 755 and you are ready to boot with de-odexed ROM version.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to whitealien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift whitealien Ad-Free
9th October 2011, 11:00 PM |#3  
Flag Bergen
Thanks Meter: 416

More
Nice :) are you really recommending swap? Haven't tried it personally, but everyone says It's a bad idea..

sent with love from me to you
10th October 2011, 01:07 PM |#4  
Flag Riffa
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Downloading

It is support Arabic ??
10th October 2011, 01:27 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Finally I seem to have found a ROM I can use every day.
I've tried all the ROMs on this XDA front page and all have problems one way or another. Very frustrating !
This just seems to work and at a nice speed.
I have been on Froydvillain for a while now but that started getting back it's gps restart bug. This has been fine so far with Co-Pilot (touch wood !)
It even tries and plays flash on the stock browser but the Hero just hasn't got the grunt.
The only thing I miss from the CM7 based ROMs is the 2g/3g direct toggle. Pity there isn't one for sense but a few more key presses versus a stable ROM is a no brainer.
Thanks Whitealien
10th October 2011, 01:28 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
The ROM looks nice. Thanks and congratulate on your release (one more 'new' sense 2.1 to flash).
However, my Hero is complaining of being over worked (too much flashing this few days).
Will try this ROM once I had enough of the current 2.3.7 ROMs
10th October 2011, 05:38 PM |#7  
Flag Maple Ridge (close to Vancouver)
Thanks Meter: 196

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer

It even tries and plays flash on the stock browser but the Hero just hasn't got the grunt.

... along with every other 2.1 sense rom for the hero and even the way the phone came stock...

ppl tend to forget that the hero was playing full flash animations and flash games, albeit somewhat slowly, almost 2 years ago thanks to HTC's flash lite.

anyhow, this is a very cool sounding rom - I'm impressed with the concepts you've chosen here whitealien!

Although I have to say that the current release of cm7 by elelinux is pretty outstanding and plenty fast, and the fastest rom around is VE6 which is much faster than even the fastest sense roms.

still I'm going ot give this a try. seems like the best two sense roms right now are aeonflux and kimera 3, with kimera 3 being a little faster but aeonflux having more cool extra features.

Your rom though claims that fast speed but also to have one of the most useful features from aeonflux (or any legend or slide port) which is friendstream. So I'm excited about this!

Compcache is surprising... major devs have long thought it was slower than not using it. cool though, if it does work with fast sd cards!
10th October 2011, 05:48 PM |#8  
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
@Habarug - well, with compcache on you gain additional 25% of RAM. But like I said slow sdcard may reduce performance since system have to read and decompress stored RAM on swap partition which takes more time than reading directly from RAM. I have class10 card :P

@Hero user - no arabic language support, sorry.

Supported languages are: US, UK, FR, DE, ES, IT, NL, PT, SE, NO, DK, FI, CZ, PL, RU
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whitealien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift whitealien Ad-Free
10th October 2011, 05:56 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 359

More
I am so going to use this.
10th October 2011, 06:16 PM |#10  
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelley

Compcache is surprising... major devs have long thought it was slower than not using it. cool though, if it does work with fast sd cards!

I think OC CPU @710 and class6 or faster sdcard is a deal breaker, but you tell me

Personally I find it amazing be able to listen music and in the same time read news on internet, then open google maps, then open gmail and then go back to internet page where you left it without needing to reload page. And yeah, Sense always stay's in RAM.

@rdejager - I bet you will
The Following User Says Thank You to whitealien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift whitealien Ad-Free
10th October 2011, 07:22 PM |#11  
Flag Doncaster
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I got FC's on pretty much everything so I reverted back to my nandroid backup. It occurs to me now though I forgot I changed my Titianium Backup datebase to a version that only works on Android 2.3+ so I might give it another try tonight.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
heroine, htc hero, rom, sense 2.1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)