FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for the Samsung Mesmerize :: V7.1.0 (9 Oct 2011)

57 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,700

By CyanogenMod, Retired Recognized Developer on 10th October 2011, 10:44 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the Samsung Mesmerize, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
  2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
  4. Perform a factory reset.
  5. Flash CyanogenMod.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.
Download Links:

Official post

CyanogenMod:
Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-Mesmerize
Download: link
Mirror: link
MD5sum: 36356d5b03d3713e55489cd0d263ef26
Google Apps addon:
Version: gapps-gb-20110828

Version: Google Talk with video addon
The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyanogenMod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CyanogenMod Ad-Free

11th October 2011, 08:48 PM |#2  
Flag NC
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I flashed to the version listed above and had two major issues that required me to switch back to the stock USCC 2.3.4.
  • Could not send or receive text messages
  • GPS would not acquire signal

I really (REALLY) want to go back to CyanogenMod 7 - I was loving it! If I did not rely on my phone so much, I would have left it on until someone posted a fix.

Is this something that I am doing wrong or is it a bug?
11th October 2011, 09:53 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 421

More
Flash a fascinate modem.

Sent from my MIUI SCH-i500
The Following User Says Thank You to sageDieu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sageDieu Ad-Free
11th October 2011, 09:55 PM |#4  
Flag NC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sageDieu

Flash a fascinate modem.

Sent from my MIUI SCH-i500

Is there a guide on how to do that? Also, will that fix both the GPS and texting issues or just the texting issues?
11th October 2011, 09:58 PM |#5  
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 2,174

Donate to Me
More
Honestly flashing the EE19 modem should fix any SMS and MMS issues you're having. That's what has fixed it for others as well as myself.

This build wasn't buildt for the eh09 modem. That is supposed to be added shortley.
11th October 2011, 10:17 PM |#6  
Flag NC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmon25

Honestly flashing the EE19 modem should fix any SMS and MMS issues you're having. That's what has fixed it for others as well as myself.

This build wasn't buildt for the eh09 modem. That is supposed to be added shortley.

So is there a modem I can flash to that will get it working or do I have to wait? If there is a fix - can you provide me with a link to it please?

Thanks so much.
11th October 2011, 10:21 PM |#7  
Flag Knoxville, TN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7earitup

So is there a modem I can flash to that will get it working or do I have to wait? If there is a fix - can you provide me with a link to it please?

Thanks so much.

Here is the EE19 modem. Unzip and flash the file in the PDA slot in Odin

http://db.tt/1YqerUvT

This is just the modem. It wont mess with any data on the phone like apps or things like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to scarmon25 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scarmon25 Ad-Free
11th October 2011, 11:39 PM |#8  
Flag NC

More
Quote:

Here is the EE19 modem. Unzip and flash the file in the PDA slot in Odin

This is just the modem. It wont mess with any data on the phone like apps or things like that.

Thanks. I am going to reflash it with C7 now.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

Whelp - that fixed the texting - thanks!

Now I cannot get the Google Apps pack to install. It succeeds when I install it through the Clockworkmod but none of the apps show up once the system loads.

I have tried reflashing and everything. It just makes no sense.
11th October 2011, 11:58 PM |#9  
Flag Knoxville, TN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7earitup

Thanks. I am going to reflash it with C7 now.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

Whelp - that fixed the texting - thanks!

Now I cannot get the Google Apps pack to install. It succeeds when I install it through the Clockworkmod but none of the apps show up once the system loads.

I have tried reflashing and everything. It just makes no sense.

Try this gapps package

http://db.tt/mSU9a0MP
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scarmon25 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scarmon25 Ad-Free
12th October 2011, 12:16 AM |#10  
Flag NC

More
Quote:

Try this gapps package

Even though I had the latest package from the CyanogenMod web site, yours is the one that worked.

Thanks again! I think I am all set now.
The Following User Says Thank You to 7earitup For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 7earitup Ad-Free
12th October 2011, 03:52 AM |#11  
Flag NC

More
I am back again - sorry!

I am having some issues with Wi-Fi. Every now and then, I will just stop receiving access to the Internet. The phone stays connected to my router, I just stop receiving any data. If I turn it off for a couple of minutes and then turn it back on, it usually comes back, but this is a hassle. It never happened on the stock ROM so it has to be a driver or something.

Any ideas?

Thanks again.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread