FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for the HTC Evo 4G :: V7.1.0 (9 Oct 2011)

57 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,701

By CyanogenMod, Retired Recognized Developer on 10th October 2011, 10:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the HTC Evo 4G, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
  2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
  4. Perform a factory reset.
  5. Flash CyanogenMod.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.
Download Links:

Official post

CyanogenMod:
Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-Supersonic
Download: link
Mirror: link
MD5sum: 37892a24404832cd9c04b29fc5056073
Google Apps addon:
Version: gapps-gb-20110828

Version: Google Talk with video addon
The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
The Following 72 Users Say Thank You to CyanogenMod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CyanogenMod Ad-Free

10th October 2011, 10:48 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 417

More
Thanks, am running it now

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to Art2Fly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Art2Fly Ad-Free
10th October 2011, 10:57 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Swag to the MAX!
10th October 2011, 10:58 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Downloading. Is there a new change log?

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
10th October 2011, 11:03 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Hi guys this is my first time flashing this rom and I love. Just want to know is there anyway to get stockbrowser back on here thanks.
10th October 2011, 11:06 PM |#6  
Flag Buford, GA
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Back to AOSP I go!! Thank you Cyanogen and team!! Been rockin with you guys since my G1 days. Keep up the GREAT work. You guys are awesome!! Thanks again!!

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
10th October 2011, 11:08 PM |#7  
Flag So Cal HI Desert
Thanks Meter: 83

Donate to Me
More
I used cyanogen mode with tiamats latest kernel for about 3 days. wasn't impressed by the battery life. But it was pretty speedy except for the delay in screen on and screen off (not animations the actual turn off). I was wondering if that is fixed and so is the 1kb mms issue? Also I miss the sense keyboard D: and browser lol.

Tell me your experiences!
10th October 2011, 11:10 PM |#8  
Flag San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartboy36

Downloading. Is there a new change log?

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=supersonic

There ya go.
The Following User Says Thank You to Deeveeance For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Deeveeance Ad-Free
10th October 2011, 11:30 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
So Dark Tremor's a2sd should work on this right? And I should be okay with my sd card already partitioned?
10th October 2011, 11:44 PM |#11  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC4ME

So Dark Tremor's a2sd should work on this right? And I should be okay with my sd card already partitioned?

I think its cooked in, and you really do not need a partitioned card for aosp roms, cm has an option of moving all apps to the sd card anyways. So you should be good.

EDIT: Didn't mention this but I've never tried using dta2sd on any CM rom so if anyone cares to shine a light on this please...
The Following User Says Thank You to b1time For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift b1time Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)