-Based on UCKK6, Android 2.3.6
-Entropy's Daily Driver kernel (12082011) (governor set to on demand via init.d script)
-Rooted (latest versions of su, Superuser, and Busybox)
-Fully deodexed and zipaligned
- Deep breath... Amazon Kindle, AP Mobile, AT&T Code Scanner, AT&T Live TV, AT&T FamilyMap, AT&T Featured Apps, AT&T Hot Spots, AT&T Movies, AT&T Navigator, Books, City ID, Days, Device Management, Dual Clock, Facebook, Genie Widget, Kobo, Mini Diary, myAT&T, Press Reader, Protips, Social Hub and sns accounts, Qik Lite, Terminal Emulator, Voice Commands and Voice Talk (the Market version of Vlingo is better), Words With Friends, Yahoo Finance, YPmobile, Zinio, and several other useless test applications
- Browser: option to set text size
- Browser: option to set user agent (Unlike the about:useragent trick, this setting actually sticks, even after a reboot)
- Browser: set the default home page to Google and removed AT&T bookmarks
- Camera: improved camcorder audio recording quality (Now 192kbps 48KHz)
- Camera: modded to allow the volume up (or down) button to act as a shutter key (The camera will autofocus and snap a picture with a normal press, or you can hold down to lock in focus and exposure and then release to snap a picture)
- Camera: works with less than 15% battery and during calls
- Clock widgets: open the Clock app when tapped
- Contacts: removed AT&T contacts
- Logs Provider: modded to prevent text messages from being displayed in the phone log
- Messaging: themed conversation view
- Settings: additional screen timeout options (30 minutes and never)
- Settings: screen color temperature settings (go to System > Display > Screen mode to choose between dynamic, standard, and movie modes)
- TouchWiz Launcher: customized default layout and no text on empty home screens
- Wallpaper Chooser: additional wallpapers from Ice Cream Sandwich and the international Galaxy S II
- 5 additional notification pulldown toggles (brightness, data, flashlight, sound, and sync), for a total of 10, with long press functionality to take you directly to the corresponding settings pages or, in the case of the flashlight toggle, to the camera app
- Accurate battery mod
- Charging complete notifications completely disabled
- CRT screen off animation (available as an addon because I don't really like it)
- Extended power menu with reboot, recovery, and download options
- Home button lag fix (disables home button double tap feature)
- No redundant vibration icon in the status bar (the mute or vibration icon will show (depending on your settings) only when the ringer is silenced)
- Skip songs in any music app while the screen is off by holding down the volume keys
- Themed several status bar icons (the stock alarm, flight mode, silent, and vibrate icons were fat and ugly)
- Additional alarms, notifications, and ringtones from Ice Cream Sandwich and CM7
- Additional analog clock and calendar widget styles
- Automatic zipalign at boot (init.d script)
- BLN support
- Galaxy Nexus boot animation
- Ice Cream Sandwich animations
- NFC support (Google Wallet is not currently supported, but some NFC tag reader apps in the Market should work) (Thank Entropy512 for this one!)
- Rotation animations from Ice Cream Sandwich
- Unrestricted USB tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot functionality
- Updated version of Swype with a sexier theme and more options
- Updated system apps
-Based on UCKK6, Android 2.3.6
-Improved touchscreen accuracy
-Entropy's latest stable Daily Driver kernel (12122011)
-New welcome screen on first boot
-Insanely awesome rotation animations from Ice Cream Sandwich!
-Optimized TouchWiz launcher for smoother scrolling while using static wallpapers!
-The camera now works during calls
-Tapping on any clock widget now opens the Clock app
-Additional calendar widget style: month view
-Two additional analog clock widget styles
-Improved audio recording quality
-Updated hosts file for better ad blocking
-Updated system apps
-Switched to Entropy's 1208 kernel to fix screen wake lag
-Fixed app drawer pinch page selection
-Fixed dock icon placement
-Fixed missing app issue in Market
-Fixed rotation animations in Gallery
-Fixed wifi instability on Belkin routers
-Removed ESPN sites from the ad blocking hosts file
-Fixed wallpaper cropping in Gallery
-Enabled infinite home screen scrolling
-Enabled overscroll bounce and axis locked scrolling within the browser
-Disabled ad blocking (install AdFree from the market if you need it)
-Added init.d scripts to set the default I/O scheduler to bfq, tweak I/O scheduler parameters, and increase the ext4 commit interval
-Updated build fingerprint to KK6 since it's official now
-Updated Maps and Market (full package only)
-Improved battery life while connected to wifi by reverting to KK6 DHCP renewal code (this will break compatibility with Belkin routers, so I've posted a compatibility addon for those who own a Belkin router)
-Improved autofocus performance by reverting to KK6 camera libs (my testing has shown no adverse impact on video recording framerate)
-Fixed missing app issue in Market by reverting to KH7 build fingerprint (Google's Market servers still haven't been updated to recognize the KK6 build fingerprint)
Prerequisite: You must be running a kernel with CWM.
1) Download update-unnamed-v2.X.X-full.zip and place it on your SD card.
2) Power off your phone.
3) With the phone powered off, hold both volume buttons and the power button for about 10 seconds and then release all three when you see the Galaxy S II logo disappear and reappear. This should boot you into CWM.
4) Select "wipe data/factory reset".
5) Select "install zip from sdcard" and navigate to and select update-unnamed-v2.X.X-full.zip.
6) When it finishes flashing, go back and select "reboot system now". The first boot will take a couple minutes.
Warning: Do NOT restore system data with Titanium Backup. Do NOT restore ALL apps with data. If you absolutely must restore something with Titanium Backup, only restore MISSING apps with data.
CWM Flashable Addons
- Show true connection status in the status bar
- Disable infinite home screen scrolling
- Enable CRT screen off animation
- Disable CRT screen off animation
- Belkin router compatibility addon (may increase battery drain)
- Install AP Mobile app/widget (may increase battery drain)
- Install News and Weather app/widget
- Install Social Hub and sns accounts (may increase battery drain)
- Install Voice Command and Voice Talk
GitHub repository for modified files:
-UnNamed rom source repository
I do this for fun so you shouldn't feel any obligation to donate, but here's a link if you want to. Donations of any amount are very much appreciated.