FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG Fathom / VS750 kitchen and tools

740 posts
Thanks Meter: 628

Thread Deleted Email Thread
Hi guys, here's some stuff for you to play and cook custom roms for your beloved(?) fathom.
I'm sorry for the delay but I really couldn't release those tools before.

Please note that I don't have a tool to decrypt other roms. To decrypt those vs750 roms, I had to hack the flash procedure, using an ARM disassembler attached on the flashing tool during a flash. It took me almost 2 weeks to find out a way to get decrypted files without bricking the phone, so hopefully you'll enjoy this and will build great Fathom roms.

Special thanks to trueg for experimenting/testing these tools.

So what do you need ?

- the last lg kitchen (available here)
- a decrypted rom (v5 or v7 available the the bottom of the kitchen's 1st post)
OR
- a full vs750 v7 kitchen (everything ready to cook)
mirror : bad upload, back soon
Full vs750 v7 Kitchen info :

- SYS is already extracted (in 21000 folder)
- XIP is already modified to work with erviuskitchen (no more dsm files)
- OEM is stock v7, nothing more, nothing less

Build Procedure :
- Add your packages to EXT folder as usual
- Launch erviuskitchen.exe
- Select vs750, 21000 for ext, sys, xip
- Choose the packages you want to add/remove
- Check 6.5 aku and build rom
- Launch start.bat
- Select vs750 (9)
- Hit "u" to build rom.bin (you must use "vs750" as the beginning of the file name)
- flash it as described below

Now the steps to flash the phone :

1- Install drivers
- LGUnitedMobileDriver_S4981CAN33AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3. 3
- LGWindowsMobile_USBDriver_WHQL_ML_Ver_1.0
- LGSmartPhone_ModemlinkDUNDrive_WHQL_ML_Ver_1.0
You should easily find them (or more recent version) using your favorite search engine.

2- Install the flash tool
The only one that I know of being able to flash decrypted roms is LGNPST. Sorry, you'll have to search for it on the web (shouldn't be too difficult to find).
If using lgnpst, you'll also need to register this dll (using regsvr32 vs750.dll in a dos command prompt)

3- Connect the phone
To be able to connect the vs750 to lgnpst, you have to be in composite mode (on the phone, go to "settings/connections/Switch usb" then select "VzAccess Manager", click "save" and finally wait for it to reboot.

It's possible to flash this phone in emergency mode (if anything goes wrong and the fathom doesn't boot), but if you do so, you might lose your nv (and MEID info). To boot in emergency mode, shutdown your phone, unplug it, then press the "5" key on the keyboard and while keeping it down, plug the usb cable.
Don't do it unless necessary.

4- Save NV (just to be able to recover in case of problems)

- Put your phone in composite mode
- Plug the phone to your pc
- Launch LGNPST.exe, it should detect your phone (filename on the top right panel should be "VS750.dll").
- Click on "phone settings", wait a few secondes for a new window to appear
- Click on read button
- It will create a VS750_COMx.nvs in C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST
- Close the windows and click on "click here to continue".

5- Flash the Rom

- Put your phone in composite mode
- Plug the phone to your pc
- Launch LGNPST.exe
- Go in provision Tab (should be selected by default)
- Select Upgrade
- BIN file : "c:\VS750\BIN\VS750XXX5.BIN"
- Check SCR File, then select "C:\VS750\SCR\VS750VZ7_04.scr"
- Check PRL, Nam1 (uncheck nam2), select "C:\VS750\PRL\58006 - EVDO OEM Factory Default.prl"
- Don't check Eri file
- Click on "start"
- Keep fingers crossed for approximately 10min. The phone will reboot a few times, this is normal.
- Enjoy your 1st VS750 custom rom

Also note that for lgnpst to accept your rom, its name will need to start with "vs750".
And don't worry, there is almost no risk of really bricking the phone (especially if you saved the nvs).
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to spocky12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

14th October 2011, 12:44 AM |#2  
Flag Victoria, BC
Thanks Meter: 44

More
I can confirm that you don't need to be too concerned about bricking your phone. As long as you can boot in to emergency mode and you have a backup of your NV data (made with LGNPST - it's very important that you do this - heck make two copies) you can recover it from an unbootable state.

TrueG
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trueg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trueg Ad-Free
14th October 2011, 09:43 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Would you be able to provide a pre-configured pack for the Fathom? I am trying my best to figure out how to get the kitchen working, but I haven't gotten it to fully work.
Thanks in advance.
14th October 2011, 11:24 PM |#4  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 535

More
-EDIT- I need to go back to school and learn to read - I saw LGNPST written 3 times, but only 1 was the program. The other 2 were component addons for it, all 3 having version numbers attached to the filename (hence my confusion lol).

@Pizzaboy: I'll help out with getting a filepack together. Which version of windows are you working with? Win7/WinXP, 32bit/64bit

@Trueg: Which version of windows are you working with? Win7/WinXP, 32bit/64bit
14th October 2011, 11:35 PM |#5  

More
I run 7, both 32 and 64. My main dev is a 64bit system, and my porta-dev is a 32bit.
I've tried following the directions on the kitchen page, but I can't seem to get the XIP to work. It throws errors when I have to start pushing buttons.
The Following User Says Thank You to pizzaboy192 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pizzaboy192 Ad-Free
14th October 2011, 11:46 PM |#6  
Flag Victoria, BC
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy

@Trueg: Which version of windows are you working with? Win7/WinXP, 32bit/64bit

XP 32bit

TrueG
The Following User Says Thank You to trueg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trueg Ad-Free
14th October 2011, 11:55 PM |#7  
Flag Atlanta, GA

More
I guess I'll start with a WinXP 32 bit pc, and once I have it working right there I'll move on to a Win7 machine.

...my weekend is planned lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to da_reeseboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift da_reeseboy Ad-Free
14th October 2011, 11:57 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

I guess I'll start with a WinXP 32 bit pc, and once I have it working right there I'll move on to a Win7 machine.

...my weekend is planned lol.

If you get something working on XP, i'll be able to get it working on 7.
I'm mostly lost on getting the V5 ROM set to work in the kitchen. I've never done a ROM before, and most of the tutorials are either really long and confusing, or really short and confusing...
15th October 2011, 01:28 AM |#9  
Flag Atlanta, GA

More
Are you just trying to flash a rom after going thru the kitchen or are you trying to build on a different sys version from the one in whichever decrypted rom you are using?
15th October 2011, 01:44 AM |#10  

More
Quote:

Are you just trying to flash a rom after going thru the kitchen or are you trying to build on a different sys version from the one in whichever decrypted rom you are using?

When i hit step 9 in the Kitchen walkthrough, I push "realloc p" and it throws errors. Then when I get to the kitchen, it can't see the XIP and won't let me build a ROM.
15th October 2011, 02:26 AM |#11  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 628

Donate to Me
More
@pizzaboy192 : I think the errors you're getting are a "normal" behavior of xipport. I don't understand why the xip is not generated though.

Anyway, I've just uploaded a complete vs750 v7 kitchen. Just follow the instructions on 1st post to build the rom.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spocky12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread