FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Wired stereo headsets that are not earbuds?

356 posts
Thanks Meter: 105

By phoneturf, Senior Member on 14th October 2011, 05:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
My phone (Captivate) came with an earbud style headset with a mic inline so you could answer calls, talk on the phone, and listen to music. Are there any non-earbud (behind-or-over-the-head) style wired headsets like this? All I can find are ones that have two connectors (pink and green, as if for a PC sound card), or wireless bluetooth ones.

14th October 2011, 05:36 PM |#2  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 7

More
You're right I really can't find any wired-stereo-non-earbud-headsets. Here are some that have trade offs.

The following is an over the head/wired/non-earbud, but its not stereo.

http://www.accessorywiz.com/over-the...captivate.html

This one is everything you wanted but it's not wired.

http://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?s...lerid=19087894

Anyways, Good hunting!
14th October 2011, 11:19 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Yes, it is odd that these are not available since there are so many of the earbud type that are. I already have a few bluetooth headsets with input, including one with a boom mic, that work fine but I would prefer a wired one for all-day use.
16th October 2011, 03:37 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
I found a pair : Sennheiser PX 100-IIi . Although they are made for iDevices, the controls and mic supposedly work with some android phones (I assume the ones with 4 pole connectors). I will soon see. I already have a pair of plain PX100 and they are my favorite wired headphones, so if these work as I hope, they will be great.
9th May 2014, 09:35 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneturf

I found a pair : Sennheiser PX 100-IIi . Although they are made for iDevices, the controls and mic supposedly work with some android phones (I assume the ones with 4 pole connectors). I will soon see. I already have a pair of plain PX100 and they are my favorite wired headphones, so if these work as I hope, they will be great.

So, do they work on android?
10th May 2014, 12:43 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 die 4

So, do they work on android?

Nope - they don't change the volume anyway, but you can use the button to stop and start music as well as answer and hang up the phone.

However, a good set of non-wired headphones that does have full control with volume, starting and stopping music, and talking on the phone, including good voice quality despite not having an external mic, is the Motorola S305 bluetooth headphones. They are not as good as the Sennheisers for music quality, though.
10th May 2014, 03:18 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneturf

Nope - they don't change the volume anyway, but you can use the button to stop and start music as well as answer and hang up the phone.

OK, thank you. Just one more q, what android device did you test it on?
10th May 2014, 06:30 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 die 4

OK, thank you. Just one more q, what android device did you test it on?

Some of the Samsung Galaxy series - Note, Note 2, Captivate, Skyrocket. Perhaps for some other manufacturer, like Sony, the volume controls would work.
10th May 2014, 07:40 PM |#9  

More
OK, I have a MOTO G, and I have these http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_...m9p-bk-mee.htm and they work. I mean, the controls work like a charm!
I'm guessing it's because it uses the 4 pull jack, so that should mean that the PX 100-2i should work to!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)