- 14.jan - v0.7 ( added AppWidget Picker, fixed some small things, semaphore 2.5.0 ) - see post #859
- 12.jan - JVU based ROM - see post #843
- 11.dec - v1.3 odexed JVZ based ROM - development stage : http://www.multiupload.com/C7BCVABYV1 - Wipe version.
- 04.dec - V1.2 Semaphore 1.8.0 used again, semaphore scripts reordered and added touchscreen sensitivity
Here, I present you the rom I build for my own personal use. It is intended to provide fast & smooth user experience, only basic applications are installed and you can expand as far as you wish ! This ROM is fast, slim and it has some graphic improvements - based on what I liked and on what some friends here suggested !
Tools I have used : APK-Manager, NotePad++, WinRar, IrfanView, RootExplorer and Android Terminal .
SEE SCREENSHOTS down this post !.
++ Features ++
- ROM is based on GB 2.3.6 odexed XXJVU
- rooted Semaphore JVU beta v2.5.0 kernel --link--
- XXJVU modem
- big list of APNs
- Zip-aligned - first boot after ROM install takes a little more time
- ext4 app - credits to ChainFire. Thanks for letting me include this app !
- Kies connection is working perfect
- up-to-date applications ( Gmail, YouTube, Google Search )
- old Market version ( new Market version seems too slow )
- some kernel tweaks ( it improves fps for some 3d ) **own mod**
- build.prop 3g tweaks ( ** don't really feel any improvements, I think I'll remove them ) & some other small improvements
- adfree hosts ( to prevent advertising )
- GPSFix for europe
- SIP for 3g/wifi
- patched libsqlite.so to provide extremely fast access to SQLite DB. I see some improvements to TW interface. --link-- .
- added .nomedia to all system folders
- modified ICS animation transitions & Faster animation times
- modified stock odexed TouchWiz 3.0 - fast and smooth experience **own mod
- icons from tw 4 ( dialertab, mms, contacts, app drawer )
- hex B0 transparency of app drawer background - changed from A0
- "MainMenuConcentrationEffect" is now OFF
- deleted default shortcuts in the main screen ( you'll get an empty "desktop" at first start )
- maximum allowed homepages - 7, currently only 2 are setup.
- some wallpapers are changed
- Please activate All animations in Settings/Display to see how fast it runs !!
- Included apps on sdcard : CWMManager, EXT4, GoogleMaps, HTC Keyboard, MiuiMusic, Music from ICS, RootBrowser, SMSBackup and VoodooControl
- Add-ons: 14-Toggle status bar (add/remove), Google Contact Sync (add/remove), MarketUpdater, GoogleTalk2 audio/video
I DELETED STUPID APPS I DON'T USED.
I also deleted contact sync because I don't like my contacts to synchronize with google account.
See attachments for cwm update to add GoogleAccountsync, or you'll find a CWM package to add this on /sdcard/addon.oSerX
++ Download Zone ++
- oSerX.JVU v0.70 [WIPE][Semaphore 2.5.0][MultiUpload]
- oSerX.JVU v0.71 [NoWipe][Semaphore 2.5.0][MultiUpload][14.jan.2012]
!!! You can use NoWipe version if you previously had any version of this ROM !
For old ROM versions, please see post #3
++ HowTo Install ++
- Flash stock JVT ROM ( download it from --here-- )
- Flash CF-Root Kernel ( download it from --here-- )
- Copy downloaded-rom to SdCard
- Enter CWM Recovery and flash this ROM to your phone
- Don't forget to convert to EXT4 by using included Chainfire's EXT4 app on /sdcard/addon.apps
- Reboot & Enjoy full power of this ROM
++ Final Words ++
- Optimization is done in the start-up scripts. Use Semaphore.apk for extra settings.
- As I far I think, this ROM is stable, fast. I want to improve battery life if this can be possible - which I don't now for sure right now !
++ Thanks List ++
- didicola - intensive tests and logo - dark brightness settings is dedicated to him
- Namiga - intensive tests and suggestions - battery life tests
- NickDunn - intensive tests and suggestions
- Vanto - for his first post
- deadey3, wittany, burner07, legola, skodaslx, Jackmax32, daigoro64 - a lot of tests and suggestions.
- all of you who tested and suggested some ideas and modifications !
- Special thanks to Chainfire and Stratosk for their work, and to mar1uscal1n[at]forum.softpedia for his intensive test, support and battery life tests, day by day !
++ If you want to donate, please donate to poor people, or just drink a bear or a pepsi with your friends. ++