How's this different from CM7?
- 2.6.35 kernel (boots by default to 768/256-interactive; max=806, min=120)
- smartass & smartass2 governors
- deodexed & zip-aligned
- tweaks for deodexed rom and sd read-ahead (3072 by default)
- removed rom manager & some default themes/wallpapers
- moved file manager to /data/app
- modified lock screen icons
- flying-in menu animations
- TGF's notification bar (notbar) patch integrated
What doesn't work/untested?
- wifi tethering - activating them produces an error & breaks wife, in which case, a reboot is required
Is this faster than CM?
can't claim that as i don't see a big jump in quad/linpack scores, though there are improvements & it does feel snappier (I may be biased though). you decide...
full rom here: DOWNLOAD
kernel w/ the last three items above included for flashing unto cm7
just the kernel
- do backup before doing anything
- see alex' comments, post #9
- if you encounter reboots/freeze (not getting this myself though) & wanna revert to your original/stock kernel, simply advance restore boot only
- usual liability disclaimer applies
feedback is/are most welcome! if you have questions on TGF's notbar patch, please post on that thread instead.
- cyanogen/cm team
- drowningchild (kernel)
- tosha15 (compatible modules)
- Serris (animations)
- ZduneX25 (lockscreen icons)