FORUMS

[A] how to fix no network signal after unlocking

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

By mhieyato, Junior Member on 15th October 2011, 08:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
i know some of you have this problem and worries that something wrong happend during the process of unlocking your phone. well that's the same thing i was thinking about 3 days now and trying to figure it out how to fix this. i just a noobie here and new for all this android thingy but i guess im just lucky fixing it.
by reading again the thread of how to unlock. it mention there that your phone might have a sim lock. this might be the problem so i search some thread related to this and guess what a found the answer!

now here's how to fix it.

1. after unlocking your phone using msm7227_setool2. check if you have network signal so you won't do the step 2 of this thread.
2. now if there's no signal, open again your msm7227 folder (which is the unlock bootloader tool) and you will see there's another tool which is ms7227_semc.
3. put to debugging mode then connect your usb to your PC.
4. run the ms7227_semc and wait till it done.
5. reboot your phone and you already have network signal again.

i hope that this help you specially for those who are new to this kind of stuff..
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mhieyato For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mhieyato Ad-Free
19th October 2011, 07:19 PM |#2  
Flag kuala lumpur
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
it really work....thx a lot..my phone have the signal back again...
19th October 2011, 07:27 PM |#3  
Flag Vidra
Thanks Meter: 65

More
U mean that it supposed to have a weak signall,or no signal at all?

Sent from my Xperia X8 using XDA Premium App
20th October 2011, 04:50 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 19

More
you may try it too. but most of the time after unlocking have no signal at all because of the sim-Lock.
The Following User Says Thank You to mhieyato For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mhieyato Ad-Free
8th January 2012, 08:19 AM |#5  
Flag Jakarta, Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 5

More
@mhieyato : if unlocking using msm7227_setool2 i put to debugging mode or NOT, if not to put debugging mode that tools can't running or stuck in " getting ROOT rights"...

Please explain step by step master...
8th January 2012, 04:11 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhieyato

i know some of you have this problem and worries that something wrong happend during the process of unlocking your phone. well that's the same thing i was thinking about 3 days now and trying to figure it out how to fix this. i just a noobie here and new for all this android thingy but i guess im just lucky fixing it.
by reading again the thread of how to unlock. it mention there that your phone might have a sim lock. this might be the problem so i search some thread related to this and guess what a found the answer!

1. after unlocking your phone using msm7227_setool2. check if you have network signal so you won't do the step 2 of this thread.
2. now if there's no signal, open again your msm7227 folder (which is the unlock bootloader tool) and you will see there's another tool which is ms7227_semc.

i hope that this help you specially for those who are new to this kind of stuff..

Hey, what if my phone still have no signal ? Could you show me the whole tutorial? I use the ms7227_semc but when its nearly done , the ms7227_semc suddenly shut down. Could you please help me? I want my x8 back :'(
14th February 2012, 06:32 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Unhappy
why it doesn't work for me? when running msm phone reboots, and this:
process requires standard 2.x android firmware.
Press any key to continue . . .
Getting ROOT rights.
3487 KB/s (585731 bytes in 0.164s)
Failed to set prot mask (Inappropriate ioctl for device)
Waiting ...
Removing NAND MPU restrictions via SEMC backdoor. Permanent. Require ROOT rights
430 KB/s (3087 bytes in 0.007s)
success
Waiting ...
Getting ROOT rights.
Waiting ...
Writing patched semcboot. Two step process
First, we need get access to semcboot area
874 KB/s (8064 bytes in 0.009s)
insmod: can't insert '/data/local/tmp/mapper_2.6.29.ko': invalid module format
Second, we need to write semcboot
3643 KB/s (596916 bytes in 0.160s)
can't find userdate partition
Press any key to continue . . .
B.Jay
14th February 2012, 06:35 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjumphard

why it doesn't work for me? when running msm phone reboots, and this:
[...]
[...]
insmod: can't insert '/data/local/tmp/mapper_2.6.29.ko': invalid module format
[...]

As a wild guess I'd say you're not on Stock Kernel/ROM but some custom kernel/ROM.
Restore back to Stock Kernel/ROM.

EDIT: Oh wait, you're from the Unlocking Guide ... *should ID nicknames first*

Well, this can now be interesting to see if you can manage to unlock the boot loader again with nAa's Kernel flashed - as there's also no way to go back to Stock Kernel (through Flashtool, PCC, SEUS) while the boot loader is locked. :s
14th February 2012, 10:56 PM |#9  

More
it works!

thanks a lot!
10th March 2012, 09:13 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhieyato

hi, i have a question about this fix, i unlocked a Xperia X8 (E15a) with octopus suite and then ''no service'' this post work for me? thanks for your help.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mast3rmms For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mast3rmms Ad-Free
8th April 2012, 05:07 AM |#11  

More
Thumbs up

yey it worked for me.. after 1 year of giving up on my xperia, i found this post then i thoght why not give it a shot.. then boom it worked.. thanks for the post ^_^
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)