-This thread is dead
Please access this thread for CM7-related work.
- NO UBUNTOP. Go spam Lokifish here.
Honestly, if it was up to me, I'd kill HDMirroring and wait until ICS to try and enable ICSresizing using the phone to generate a 720p output. Could be five mathematically provable types of awesome.
- DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. I provide NO support... And I DEFINITELY won't help porting crap skins.
**** MIUI. There, I said it.
- I became a bit more lenient
I'm giving one chance per noob before raining all nine hells on them
- I got my device back
I missed you guys too <3
- I just restarted this (as of April 21st, 2012)
I have no idea what Turl has been up to. Lemme sync with him.
- Cougar is cool
The dev, not the lady outside my office
Hello, this is my personal/pet project of getting CM7 on the Photon. Now you are not risking SJ's second coming by flashing.
Latest build is here.
Not related to mrinehart93's efforts in any way. I'm basing myself on pure CM7 and pure Motorola sources.
The GSM lock has been confirmed as being in the Radio component. Sad.
OH LOOK A GOOGLE+ PAGE
What it is
- Pure CM goodness. No more, no less.
What works [as of the latest build]
- Touchscreen [ 8 points, thanks to mrinehart93's link in his thread here ]
- Video Acceleration [ youtube doesn't work out of Sprint, WTF ]
- UMTS 3G radio works [ AT&T frequencies ] for voice, data and SMS
- GSM [ tested by olegfusion ]
- CDMA [ data seems to be working ] [ Carrier Name seems to be out of whack ]
- Back-Facing Camera [ will have to rework some stuff for buttonpress->snap ]
-- 720p video, woots
- Front-Facing Camera
- Gapps are installable and work [ tested the Talk Videoconference component ]
--- I derped the kang from the olympus SO HARD. Thanks to Turl, y'all can call from a car now.
- Youtube (on Sprint's 3G network)
- Charging while plugged to a wall.
- Charging while off using a computer as a battery pack. It will boot CM7
What sucks balls
- HDMI mirroring
- Youtube (fix found but it's ugly and not unified. This will need to be integrated to Settings.)
What doesn't work at all
- Sending MMS seems to be splode.
Off the list of stuff I want to try
- 4 days :3
- mrinehart93 for the touchscreen link [ here ]
- the bros at CM for the olympus overlay
- Turl for MANY things
- Hashcode for the Phone apk fix here: http://goo.gl/eF1GB
- TurbulentEddie, dave0812 and cythrawl have reported that this ROM flashes and works on the Electrify.
- qbking77, from the Android Creative Syndicate, made a howto! See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCNLbCdMNuI
- Fix found for Youtube: set the proxies to 0.0.0.0 and the proxy ports to 0 in the build.prop. The specific properties will have to be software-modified down the road. A wifi-events-listener app will need to be programmed for proxy switching on wifi too.
If you REALLY want to donate to thank me for the groundwork I've done: go save boobies instead. They're more precious (to me, at least) than my beer/pizza fund.