Blurex case from Amazon.com

Search This thread

burnie022

Feb 15, 2010
I'm having a weird issue charging and using the flyer while it is in this case and was curious to see if anyone can replicate it.

Download the multitouch tester app on the market and try using the app while your flyer is in the blurex case and charging at the same time. Does the app go crazy showing extra touch locations, and if you hold your finger on one spot, does it lose the point under your finger? If it does, unplug the flyer and try it again and see if keeps happening.

I first noticed it while surfing with opera. The page would randomly zoom in and out while scrolling, making it real hard to use. With the multitouch tester app, i could confirm something was wrong. At first i thought something was wrong with my touchscreen and was going to send it to htc, but i later noticed it only happened if i was charging the flyer while it was in the blurex case. It doesn't happen if the flyer is charging outside of the case, nor when its unplugged in the case. I'm thinking it may be because of the aluminum casing, but I'm not completely sure it's not a hardware or charger issue with mine.

I'm just curious to know if this happens with anyone else's flyer. It's not too bad an issue but I'd like to know if it's just mine.. If anyone would test their flyer or has any insight on this issue, please report.

Edit: Just tested a little more and I could replicate it on most soft surfaces so far. At least it doesn't do it in my hands but it seems it might be a hardware issue with mine...

Last edited:

FlyingKeitai

Jan 26, 2012
Hong Kong
It's the design of the aluminium backing of the Flyer... you see, when you charge, the aluminium body creates a static field around the flyer. If you use it without a case, the flyer's aluminium is exposed to you hand and any static or small current is being diverted always and no static interruption on your screen.

but if you do so with a casing on, the static/current can flow no where and so it builds a field around the flyer, affecting the touch screen...

yea... this is just my layman understanding... =) hope it helps

burnie022

Feb 15, 2010
It's the design of the aluminium backing of the Flyer... you see, when you charge, the aluminium body creates a static field around the flyer. If you use it without a case, the flyer's aluminium is exposed to you hand and any static or small current is being diverted always and no static interruption on your screen.

but if you do so with a casing on, the static/current can flow no where and so it builds a field around the flyer, affecting the touch screen...

sounds reasonable.... in this case all flyers would do the same thing. have you been able to replicate this issue?

DigitalMD

Mar 16, 2010
Washington DC
The other possibility is that you have a bad charging cable that has lost its shield lead on one side thus creating a ground loop and causing the behavior when you touch the Flyer.

icevapor

Jul 1, 2007
I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, but can you flip the cover of this case behind it and it will be relatively flat? I write on my view a lot and would like to be able to fold it so it can easily be held with one hand.

gersto

May 19, 2010
Albuquerque

Reconsidering this one, now that it's only 13.99! Doesn't seem to add much bulk (based on the pics), can stand in landscape AND portrait and has a pen holder!

The Bluetooth keyboard one I had left much to be desired, and my wife's kindle fire case, although fits snugly, doesn't have holes for the front/rear camera.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk 2

freworld

Oct 31, 2007
Try

Reconsidering this one, now that it's only 13.99! Doesn't seem to add much bulk (based on the pics), can stand in landscape AND portrait and has a pen holder!

The Bluetooth keyboard one I had left much to be desired, and my wife's kindle fire case, although fits snugly, doesn't have holes for the front/rear camera.
The one you mentioned is currently unavailable
I would advise buying this one instead. IMO better looking too
http://www.amazon.com/Flyer-Multi-Angle-Stylus-Holder/dp/B005F7KQB6/

Reactions: gersto

gersto

May 19, 2010
Albuquerque
Thanks, i thought that was it., oh well.. i ended up finding a similar one for $7 on eBay, Should be getting here next week,

Well been using it a few weeks, well worth the $7 I paid. Pen holder holds the scribe nice and tight. I bought a blue one. Works great for landscape but I will admit I was hoping portrait would be more straight, it seems too incline. I'll post a pic later to show what I mean.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

Speedies

Aug 9, 2011
Well been using it a few weeks, well worth the $7 I paid. Pen holder holds the scribe nice and tight. I bought a blue one. Works great for landscape but I will admit I was hoping portrait would be more straight, it seems too incline. I'll post a pic later to show what I mean.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

Do you have a link to the one you bought for $7?

gersto

May 19, 2010
Albuquerque
I got it off eBay. Just did a search but the cheapest I'm seeing now is 13.88 (but that's USA sellers only). Do a search for "flyer case 360" and you'll find some.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk 2

DaKillaWilla

Apr 12, 2009
In case anybody is wondering, they're still available on Amazon.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does anyone else with this case have issues keeping the stylus in the holder? It's not very snug and falls fairly easily with mine. Ghetto fix ideas?

Stop by the nearest auto parts store and pick up a 2 dollar inline air blower … snap off the clip it’s a perfect fit on the pen. That will hold it in the sleeve.

here is a pic http://db.tt/HCYPNa8o

No pen holder... That's rough.

Not if you don't use the pen

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using xda premium
    Unrelated to the case...How did you change the icons with the stock HTC launcher? I use super app manager to change labels but didn't know you could change icons.

I use an app called Folder Organizer that I use to create short cuts. The app itself let's you rename the app and folder shortcuts as well as change the icon.

The icons you see are an icon pack I got from the market , Glared Orb Icons.

Folder Organizer is great, the games icon is actually a folder which opens up just my game apps. There is a free version with ads and a paid version for a buck.

Sent from my EVO View using XDA Premium
    Try

The one you mentioned is currently unavailable
    I would advise buying this one instead. IMO better looking too
    http://www.amazon.com/Flyer-Multi-Angle-Stylus-Holder/dp/B005F7KQB6/