FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Music player widget with LARGE controls?

94 posts
Thanks Meter: 44
 
By SweetBearCub, Member on 18th October 2011, 09:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've been doing some searching on various sites, all of it fruitless so far, so here I am to ask the hive mind.

I need a music player that has a widget with large-ish controls, say 2x or 3x or so the size of the standard music app widget that comes with CM 7.1 stable. It doesn't need to show album art, but it would be a nice touch to retain the repeat mode icon and shuffle icon, in addition to the standard previous/next/play-pause controls.

Why do I want such a widget? For easier control when I have the Nook propped up on the exercise bike at the gym.

Thanks!
18th October 2011, 11:06 PM |#2  
Senior Member
paris
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
You can look to widgesoid, you can make lot of widget personalization including music control. Mix this with a launcher that allow widget resizing like go launcher or launcher pro..
19th October 2011, 12:25 AM |#3  
ianPhillips1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hampstead NC
Thanks Meter: 84
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub

I've been doing some searching on various sites, all of it fruitless so far, so here I am to ask the hive mind.

I need a music player that has a widget with large-ish controls, say 2x or 3x or so the size of the standard music app widget that comes with CM 7.1 stable. It doesn't need to show album art, but it would be a nice touch to retain the repeat mode icon and shuffle icon, in addition to the standard previous/next/play-pause controls.

Why do I want such a widget? For easier control when I have the Nook propped up on the exercise bike at the gym.

Thanks!

Try winamp, it has decent widhets, I ran it for a long time until ICS music apk came out.

sent from space
19th October 2011, 12:31 AM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianPhillips1

Try winamp, it has decent widhets, I ran it for a long time until ICS music apk came out.

sent from space

I tried Winamp's widets, the playback controls were still tiny, as were the stock Gingerbread music players'. I'm running ADWLauncher, and I tried to resize the widgets, but even though I could bring up a resize box, I couldn't get them to scale up.
19th October 2011, 06:36 AM |#5  
ianPhillips1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hampstead NC
Thanks Meter: 84
 
More
What about putting the player buttons in the notification power wigets?

Ian

sent from my ereader
19th October 2011, 04:35 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Playerpro has really nice widgets even on the lock screen.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
21st October 2011, 05:10 PM |#7  
rvpals's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
PowerAMP has it, check it out.
21st October 2011, 08:30 PM |#8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianPhillips1

What about putting the player buttons in the notification power wigets?

Ian

sent from my ereader

I checked the power widget options, and didn't see anything about music player options. Also, I did see the CM options to let the volume button long-presses control the music, but when I tried them, I got no response for several seconds, then the payer went "nuts" skipping forward as fast as it could about 40 times or so.
21st October 2011, 08:31 PM |#9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zires

Playerpro has really nice widgets even on the lock screen.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpals

PowerAMP has it, check it out.

Unfortunately neither of those are legitimately free. Is there a free option that has large widgets?
23rd October 2011, 03:30 PM |#10  
ianPhillips1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hampstead NC
Thanks Meter: 84
 
More
[QUOTE=SweetBearCub;18634885]I checked the power widget options, and didn't see anything about music player options. Also, I did see the CM options to let the volume button long-presses control the music, but when I tried them, I got no response for several seconds, then the payer went "nuts" skipping forward as fast as it could about 40 times or so.[/QUOTE


cm settings/interface/notification power widget/widget buttons/ , you should see media:skip(next/previous),medialay pause. kind of limited but may serve your purpose.

Ian

From the couch
26th August 2012, 01:12 AM |#11  
rvpals's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub

Unfortunately neither of those are legitimately free. Is there a free option that has large widgets?

I purchased both Player Pro & PowerAmp. In my opinion, they're both worth the money.

Try winamp.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
large, music, widget

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes