This is based on the official 1.05.401.4 WWE RUU for Runnymede (final version - release-keys) with several tweaks and optimizations, plus a modified UNITY kernel (credits for great base go to m-deejay). Actually, this kernel is based on the Hyperion kernel, with different settings. The V2.2 Endymion kernel includes:
- - Working front facing camera
- - Working stereo video recording
- - No default undervolting
- - deadline IO Scheduler as default
- - CFQ, VR, SIO and BFQ IO Schedulers as optional
- - CFS Scheduler
- - Tiny RCU and other optimizations
- - GPU tweaks
V3.5 builds upon V3.4, with some updates and consolidating the proven stability of previous versions. It's been over 3 months since last update, and Endymion V3.4 is still one of the most used ROMs for the Desire S. V3.5 includes Endymion Control Centre, slightly modified from V3.4. In V3.5 I removed the Pdroid and Droidwall tabs, leavin to the user the choice of installing the standalone apps or not. It makes a cleaner interface.
Endymion Control Center was built by me from the ground up. The application is programed on top of the HTC opensense SDK, seamlessly integrating with other sense elements on the rom. The Control Center is installed by default, and it detects if the optional addons package was installed. If it was, the Theme Manager part will also work, if not, all other functionalities are still available to the user.
Control Center Functionalities:
- - Theme: Stock, IceHD, HoneHD or GoldRush
- - Fonts: Stock, Roboto, Segeo, Ubuntu
- - Bootanimations: Stock, Speedo, Quietly Rooted, Pyral, Liquid Honeycomb, Htc Bkack, Flying Vs
New Endy tweaks
- - Change animations speed on the fly (with a slider)
- - CPU Control: Control daemon controller, max an min frequencies for wake and sleep states, cpufreq governor, IO Scheduler, you name it. Taken from Reaper.
- - AGPS Patcher: Apply/revert gps patches on the fly, taken from reaper. Credits to author on this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1442032
- - Turn on/off GPU rendering (just for kicks, but leave it on, seriously)
- - Change scrolling smoothness (tradeoff with speed)
- - Change V6 Supercharger profiles on the fly (default, aggressive and insane)
- - Change Dalvik VM Heap size (32, 48 or 64Mb)
- - Bass boost: choose to give a bass boost on beats
- - Disable Rosie Spinning: turn on/off the fast "caroussel" spinning of Rosie
Regarding themes, changes are valid after reboot, and do not require any sort of flashing. You can still apply any UOT mods you want, and revert back to any included themes with the Theme manager. For the IceHD and HoneyHD themes, I suggest also choosing the matching skins, also included.
Since V3.1 the addons are installed to the sdcard, so there's minimal overhead to your data and system partitions.
Note that I did not create the bootanimations, neither the IceHD and HoneyHD themes! Credits go to the original authors: he_shteone64 for the themes, and the bootanimations (and lots more) you can find here.
- Base: 1.05.401.4 WWE RUU for Runnymede - release-keys
- Kernel: Endymion V1.1
- OC limited to 1459200Hz (come on guys, be sensible)
- No default undervolting
- Other performance teaks
- All the other optimizations that come with the UNITY kernel
- Android 2.3.5
- Sense 3.5
- Advanced Power Menu
- Added root permissions and SuperUser
- Unsecured boot image
- Ad Blocker pre-installed (hosts files, no extra program needed)
- Stock boot up and down animations
- Busy box
- runparts enabled (init.d scripts)
- init.d tweaks
- virtuous OC daemon installed
- Performance and smoothness tweaks
- GPU rendered UI
- Completely stock framework
- Pre-applied V6 Supercharger memory management - All credits to author at this thread: link
- RCTeam tweaks (Thanks to capychimp) including:
- - turn on/off CRT animation on screen off
- - turn on/off CRT animation on screen on
- - Overscroll settings
- - Ability to choose Android Lockscreen
- - Custom function for right button on launcher
- - Choose between 4x4 and 5x5, transparent or not app drawer
- - Choose "normal" or kinetic scroll on app drawer
- - Ability to show/hide Recent Apps on notification bar
- - Ability to customize which quick settings you want to see (sense 3.5 style)
- - Ability to chose to show quick settings by default when no notifications are active
- - Enable/disable Unlock animation (the spinning carousel)
- - Enable 3D home
- - Full 2D Ultra Smooth Rosie on/off
- - Button backlight settings
- Added Endymion Control Center with lots of features (see description above)
Download V3.5 base rom
Download V3.5 Themes addons
- Full wipe is required, even coming from V3.4. It's been over 3 months since I asked for a Endly clean install, so give me a break.
- Install V3.5_base
- Optionally flash V3.5 addons package. You cannot use the old addons!
- BUT the first thing you should do after setting up your phone is go to "settings->tweaks->rosie options->enable quick scroll " and choose 2D. Trust me on this.
- No upgrade: Clean install only.
- New kernel: Added SIO, VR and BFQ IO Schedulers
- Added "swype to remove notifications" - Credits XxXPachaXxX for figuring out the mod!
- Updated all themes on the addons package to also support "swipe to remove notifications": You need the new addons package, old V3.1 won't work properly.
- Removed PDroid and Droidwall from Endymion Control Centre: It's up to you to install the standalone apps if you so choose
- Updated youtube
- Updated facebook
- Updated dropbox
- Updated google maps
- Added Ultimate Call Screen HD: Not the licensed version! Don't like it, just uninstall it!
- Updated market to Google Play
Hall of fame
I want to thank each and everyone of you who donated, no matter how much. It's very appreciated! I don't know where some came from, so this goes to Endy and Reaper threads (I think Hyperion is mostly stale).
- W, Barry Morgan
- Marin Claudiu
- Adrian Stöckl
- Dave Johnson
- Vlad Stemate
- Marcin Szylko
- Adrian Stöck (yes, again )
- Martin Östberg
- Vladimir Iofik
- George Simeonov
- László Ladányi
- Shanaz Begum
- Andreas Hupfau
- Jonathan Schulz
- Antti Halonen
- Antonio La Porta
- Rinaldo Harahap
- Tomas Mallafre i Gispert
- Frantisek Repkovsky
- Stanislav Troyeglazov
- Stanislav Troyeglazov (yes, again )
- Ariel Nemtzov
- Vlad Stemate
- Topias Korpi
- Ben Pyett
- Patrick Julius