FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TRICK] Enable A2DP BT Protocol for video

188 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By fabcal, Senior Member on 21st October 2011, 12:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
With this trick i suggest a simple way to enable audio routing for watch video in bluetooth a2dp device.

Needed:
- device unlocked
- wp7 root tools

Open wp7root tools and go in this key:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Zune\Playback\Video\A2DP\C apsSet1
Change dword value DisableA2DPPLayback from 1 to 0

Now your device send audio of video like youtube, internet,or stored in memory in a2dp device if connected via bluetooth

Tested on my Samsung Omnia 7 with Vodafone Bluetooth stereo earphone and with my Sony A2DP BT car stereo in my car.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to fabcal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fabcal Ad-Free

21st October 2011, 01:02 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabcal

With this trick i suggest a simple way to enable audio routing for watch video in bluetooth a2dp device.

Needed:
- device unlocked
- wp7 root tools

Now your device send audio of video like youtube, internet,or stored in memory in a2dp device if connected via bluetooth

Tested on my Samsung Omnia 7 with Vodafone Bluetooth stereo earphone and with my Sony A2DP BT car stereo in my car.

Hi,
it does not work on htc hd7
21st October 2011, 07:49 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Awesome. I just tried with a video podcast and Motorola Bluetooth headphones and the audio did play through the blutetooth headphones. Now why didn't they just make this a setting or change it!?
21st October 2011, 02:23 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cagliari
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Important notice!
I see if wifi signal is too low bluetooth not working correctly (my car stereo show disconnected device after few seconds). Suggest to listen video even downloaded in phone's memory. I missing write reboot is needed after change value. Ehm... i think for missing settings function this is commercial strategy. I see more settings implemented in registry but for commercial strategy these features are released over time or because they have not been tested or have a certain advantage in being able to communicate the dates of signatures. Even if enabled tethering works but is not active yet officially. Same goes for the voice search bing. Tomorrow I will create another discussion where I say what keys to edit the search for local bing (3 icons). The one I have not yet found is just to enable voice search of bing. That works by modifying the system language in English, even if all other items are located with your language. I hope google translator work better for my translations. Scuse me for my bad english
7th November 2011, 01:20 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 308

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabcal

Needed:
- device unlocked
- wp7 root tools

Thank you so much for this. It took me a few weeks later to remember that I had did the registry change but not tested it. I finally tested it a few days ago and it works on my HD7. I was able to listen to the audio from my videos through my BT earpiece.
7th November 2011, 07:29 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
This missing feature on wp7 was bugging me for while! Nice hack fabcal, many thanks! Not sure why MSFT disabled this feature??
7th November 2011, 07:31 PM |#7  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Nice! Will test when I get home.
7th November 2011, 07:35 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
I presume ChevronWP7 wont be sufficient to enable this?
7th November 2011, 09:33 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
You did error in:
\C_apsSet1
Need change to:
\CapsSet1

I did this on LG E900 with MFG. Tomorrow I will test this with bluetooth.
7th November 2011, 10:01 PM |#10  
Flag Inland Empire, California
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zard

Thank you so much for this. It took me a few weeks later to remember that I had did the registry change but not tested it. I finally tested it a few days ago and it works on my HD7. I was able to listen to the audio from my videos through my BT earpiece.

If wp7tools isn't for HTC products how did you do this on your HD7? Please detail so I can follow the way.
8th November 2011, 02:45 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
please how did it work on htc hd7
i can not get it working on mine
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a2dp, bluetooth, windows phone 7

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)