FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Where to get 1800mAh OEM Batteries that FIT!

839 posts
Thanks Meter: 147

By MadJoe, Senior Member on 23rd October 2011, 07:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Credit goes to Rakeshchn for asking if this would even work, and for the link to the first battery for sale

Okay guys, there's a thread here about how the Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch battery might fit the Vibrant with no need for a new back cover. The rumor is true. I have two of these batteries, and have verified that mine are legit, and they fit perfectly. My phone actually has never lasted so long on a single charge since I switched to CM7.1, and I won't be going back to any battery of less capacity for as long as I own my Vibrant!

Here is the official page for the battery from Samsung

Here is the website I purchased from.

NOTE: I have removed the note about my batteries being fakes because after some research I have determined that Samsung actually has no idea what a serial number is, and is actually putting batch numbers on their batteries, so having the same number isn't a bad sign.

Here is the official page for the Extra Battery plus Charger from Samsung

Here is a website that seems to have the battery charger combo in stock and is selling it for $10 cheaper than Samsung MSRP. I DON'T vouch for them yet, because I haven't purchased from them ever.

Enjoy!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MadJoe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MadJoe Ad-Free

23rd October 2011, 11:11 PM |#2  
Nashville
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Dam, I wish it wasn't backordered on that website you ordered from. Im not gonna be ordering the one with the charger well since I don't need a charger and I'd rather spend that money on other things as I have wasted soo much on this phone already. I wonder when are thy gonna have more of just the battery in stock. A little better battery life on my galaxy s 4g would be great.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App
24th October 2011, 12:23 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston

More
There's a few sellers on Amazon with them in stock, but they're a few dollars more than mobilecity. If you're in a rush for one, you could try there. Just search Epic 4g Touch Battery.

Sent from my rough sketch of a Vibrant on a brick.
The Following User Says Thank You to MadJoe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MadJoe Ad-Free
24th October 2011, 12:26 AM |#4  
Nashville
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidificator

There's a few sellers on Amazon with them in stock, but they're a few dollars more than mobilecity. If you're in a rush for one, you could try there. Just search Epic 4g Touch Battery.

Yeah I can try there. Ehh, ill just wait until these get back in stock or someone finds another legit seller because somethimes the sellers can be really sketchy on amazon.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App
24th October 2011, 12:45 AM |#5  
Flag Hartford
Thanks Meter: 108

More
If u do find that battery can i have your old one mines is shoot

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
26th October 2011, 08:18 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Great find, thanks! Ordered 1.

Seems like there is a 2000mAh battery -> http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Standard...9656665&sr=8-5
26th October 2011, 09:18 PM |#7  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 115

Donate to Me
More
Good rule of thumb, Shaolin. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

Also, that battery won't fit in our phones. It's for the other models of the Galaxy S, not the Epic 4G Touch.
The Following User Says Thank You to kaintfm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kaintfm Ad-Free
6th November 2011, 05:05 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/200625287516#ht_2218wt_1139

Check out this one. Not sure if anyone has tried it before.
But I have just ordered the 1800mah one
6th November 2011, 09:42 AM |#9  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 238

More
I received my 1800 battery a few days ago from mobile city, where OP vouched for. I'm getting significantly more run time with it. I'm a heavy user and the difference is very noticeable.
6th November 2011, 02:15 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhc

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/200625287516#ht_2218wt_1139

Check out this one. Not sure if anyone has tried it before.
But I have just ordered the 1800mah one

I only saw the 2430mAh one, and this sounds a little too good to be true. I guess if it at least gets 1900mAh it could be worth it. I am getting close to 24hrs from the Epic Touch battery now, though, and I have 2 of them, and a wall charger, so I am never worried about running out of juice anymore.

7th November 2011, 07:41 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston

More
I noticed that my two 1800mAh batteries have the same serial number, so if anyone else purchased from mobilecityonline.com and cares to check, mine are both TH1B907FS/5-B

Sorry to anyone who bought these on my recommendation for leading you astray with this. I emailed mobilecityonline.com, and will let you know what I hear back if anything. And have updated OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to MadJoe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MadJoe Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)