FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Where to get 1800mAh OEM Batteries that FIT!

839 posts
Thanks Meter: 147

By MadJoe, Senior Member on 23rd October 2011, 07:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th March 2012, 05:06 PM |#171  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Those of you wondering, that white sticker on the battery is a moisture indicator. It turns pink when it gets wet, let's Sammy know if you dunked your phone/battery if you send it back for service.

And those of you wondering if the mobilecity batteries are real, I think they are. Samsung gives their batteries lot numbers, and mis-label it SN. Trying to match up "SNs" from your original batteries you would need to find another with a phone built the same month as yours to have even a slim chance.

Sent from my rough sketch of a Vibrant on a brick.
16th March 2012, 07:43 PM |#172  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidificator

Those of you wondering, that white sticker on the battery is a moisture indicator. It turns pink when it gets wet, let's Sammy know if you dunked your phone/battery if you send it back for service.

And those of you wondering if the mobilecity batteries are real, I think they are. Samsung gives their batteries lot numbers, and mis-label it SN. Trying to match up "SNs" from your original batteries you would need to find another with a phone built the same month as yours to have even a slim chance.

Sent from my rough sketch of a Vibrant on a brick.

That is why I suggested people compare the s/n of their original 1500mAH Vibrant battery. Most of us here have phones built in the same month or even the same day.

So far my s/n doesn't match the one posted by the user a few posts up. Checked my friends phone, her s/n on her original battery doesn't match mine either. Yet all the mobilecity s/n that people are buying do match. What are the odds of that?

I'm saying the mobilecity ones are fake, but who knows.

What's everyone elses s/n on their original battery?
17th March 2012, 12:35 AM |#173  
Thanks Meter: 148

More
I have three T959 in use with the family. But Ill get pics up of all of them to show the numbers.

Sent from my SGH-T989
17th March 2012, 08:27 PM |#174  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I just looked at my battery which was in a Vibrant made in 07/2010 and all of the numbers on the front and back are the same.

Honestly, providing a distinct S/N on a battery seems pointless to me. I think the numbers do refer to batches, so if a recall is needed they can verify the battery qualifies.

I bought the "2300mAh" Andida, and the quotes are there because this battery most definitely does NOT provide 2300mAh. Not to mention it doesn't really fit well and causes my case to not close all the way.

I'm tempted to buy the batteries mentioned in this thread.
18th March 2012, 01:30 AM |#175  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,474

More
How about Mugen Power batteries?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA
18th March 2012, 05:58 PM |#176  
Flag Byron Center
Thanks Meter: 272

More
My Andida is 2300 mAh and it fits great! Guess not all vibrants are created equal

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA
20th March 2012, 06:33 PM |#177  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aycee

I just looked at my battery which was in a Vibrant made in 07/2010 and all of the numbers on the front and back are the same.

Honestly, providing a distinct S/N on a battery seems pointless to me. I think the numbers do refer to batches, so if a recall is needed they can verify the battery qualifies.

I bought the "2300mAh" Andida, and the quotes are there because this battery most definitely does NOT provide 2300mAh. Not to mention it doesn't really fit well and causes my case to not close all the way.

I'm tempted to buy the batteries mentioned in this thread.

What do you mean the numbers on the front and back are the same? The point was to compare your original s/n on your original battery to the serial number that everyone else has on their original battery.

Personally, I think it makes more sense for Samsung to put individual serial numbers on each battery. Why? Because believe it or not these companies do make a lot of money off batteries, just like laptop manufacturers do. They would want to protect themselves from all the china made knockoffs that look identical. It is a lot easier to knock off a product that just has batch numbers, a lot harder to knock off individual serial numbers that can be traced when returned or sent in for warranty replacement.

Why is everyone acting like printing individual serial numbers is such a daunting task.

Easy as pie:
1) printer prints the sticky battery cover with a unique serial number and QR code/bar code.
2) battery goes down automated belt
3) robot puts sticker onto battery
4) laser scans QR code, storing serial number, as finished product goes down automated belt

Job done.

You guys are acting like someone is standing there doing the impossible task of writing each serial number by hand. There is that little bar code or QR code on each battery next to the s/n. Automated scanning, and boom done.
20th March 2012, 09:40 PM |#178  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsungVibrant

What do you mean the numbers on the front and back are the same? The point was to compare your original s/n on your original battery to the serial number that everyone else has on their original battery.

Sorry my reply was unclear, here is a clearer response:

The numbers on the front and back of my ORIGINAL BATTERY FROM SAMSUNG are the same as the numbers visible in the pictures posted by DriftorX.

I.E. Samsung is NOT using unique serial numbers for their 1500mAh batteries.
21st March 2012, 12:37 AM |#179  
Flag Fort Lupton
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Y does it matter if they are fake or this number that number when we get better battery life compared to stock battery shouldn't that be proof enough

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium
21st March 2012, 06:01 PM |#180  

More
Question
Ok I think I'm going to take the plunge and try one of these batteries. Does the Vibrant back cover still snaps into place snugly despite the battery being slightly larger?

I'm also considering buying the batter/charger combo, but this reviewer says it didn't fit his Nexus S. Don't the Nexus S and Vibrant use the same size battery?

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-CGPK00...pr_product_top

here is the review:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-CGPK00...y=addThreeStar

Will that item from Amazon fit the Vibrant, is the Nexus S different?
21st March 2012, 09:16 PM |#181  
Flag Fort Lupton
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I think it actually fits snugger yes the cover snaps and u will definitely see a 20% increase. I bought mine from mobilecity.Com like 4 months ago and battery is still great

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)