Change log in second post.
Welcome to The Overcome Experience - 8.9 Edition . For those of you that don’t know me, let me introduce myself. I am AlterBridge86, the creator of The Overcome Experience. I started developing a ROM on the OG Galaxy Tab (P1000) about 10 months ago and have moved on to having my own brand of ROM’s, Kernels, and Recoverys. The Galaxy Tab 8.9 (P7310) is now the third device family to get a “Overcome Series” ROM, however it will most definitely not be the last.
My mission is simple. I aim to vastly improve the stock user experience on Samsung devices. I think that Samsung makes fantastic hardware, however fails to bring the same level of software quality to their devices. This is where I step in. I take the base rom, as provided by Samsung, and perform further optimization and modification to it. My mods aim not to completely customize the user interface, but rather add some very useful key functionality while retaining the “stock android” look.
- Please read the announcement post on the TOE website for a full rundown of the release! http://www.teamovercome.net/p7300
- Based on P7300XWLA2 / P7310UELA3 (Android 3.2)
- Fully Deodexed
- Fully Zipaligned
- Rooted/Busybox installed
- Stock kernel with modified initramfs
- Themed with stock-ish Honeycomb look
- Ads blocked
- Updated Maps to 6.3.0
- Updated Play Store to 3.4.6
- Updated SamsungApps to 3.10.115
- Updated Flash Player to 184.108.40.206
- Updated Play Books to 2.3.5
- Updated Play Music to 4.1.513
- Updated Play Movies to 1.4.9
- Updated YouTube to 3.5.5
- Launcher from P7310UELA3 (equally as smooth as the stock launcher while retaining TW functionality)
- Modded Browser from Android 3.2.2 (UAString chooser in Advanced Options)
- Bootanimation.zip support (cool boot animation included thanks to gammaRascal in the Iconia forums)
- Extended Power Menu (Reboot, Recovery, Download)
- Download CWM from here if you don't have it already: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1312218
- Download the appropriate install zip from below and put it in your Tabs internal storage
- Reboot into CWM recovery (Turn Tab off, then press power button and volume down until you see the choice to boot download mode or recovery. Press volume down to highlight recovery, then volume up to select it.)
- Navigate to install from zip, choose the install zip and install away! (Wiping data prior to install is recommended)
- However, if you wish to attempt a non-wipe install (ONLY for users already on Overcome), follow these instructions: Prior to rebooting into recovery for install, go into Manage Apps and clear data on launcher. Immediately reboot into recovery using the power menu - DO NOT go back ot the home screen first. Install zip without data wipe. After install completes, wipe cache. Reboot.
- Wiping data is highly recommended, especially if coming from a stock rom or another rom. You can do this prior to the install from the main screen of CWM recovery.
None at this time...
REMOVED APPS DOWNLOAD - To install, simply place the apks in /system/app. These will NOT install like a normal APK.
P7300 - Removed until i modify them to not include non-samsung apps
P7310 - Removed until i modify them to not include non-samsung apps
HideBar - http://ppareit.github.com/HideBar/
The best is yet to come!