FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Error [240] file open This is STUPID

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By AnswersInGenesis.org, Junior Member on 28th October 2011, 03:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I Read and Read and Read. The surprising part is that, what I need the most there is no video nor any instruction to fix the problem.
I'm trying to flash a ROM on my tilt 2 GSM phone.

I have already HSPL it,

I did task 29 using RhodiumWAdvancedRUU.zip because I couldn't get regular task 29 to work.

Now I get a white screen with HTC on it and it doesnt pass it. So I enter bootloader and make sure that at the bottom it shows USB. (yes I do see SPL-0.85. OliNex)
Now I try to install the ROM and here is where the problem starts.

My ROM:
I dled NRG MAXSENSE ROM which is Energy.RHODIUM.29022.Sense2.5.MaxSense.Jul.08.7z

My Rhodium Update Utility (RUU) is
Rhodium_CustomRUU_v1.1.zip
I Open it and I see
CustomRUU.exe

Here is where I don't know what to do. Some instructions say that I need a .NBH file. Where do I get this file. They say it should be with my ROM.
All I get when I dl the ROM is
Energy.RHODIUM.29022.Sense2.5.MaxSense.Jul.08.7z
Format 7z not .nbh
I get the Error [240] File Open when I run CustomRUU.exe. To fix it they say

"When this error message appears, check whether the downloaded image is placed in the DIRECTORY of RUU. If, for some unknown reason, you find that the ROM image is not located in the RUU folder, you have to download the RUU and retry again."

What is the "DIRECTORY" of RUU"? Whats a directory? I never heard that term before.
Of which RUU? CustomRUU.exe?
Do I make a folder and put CustomRUU.exe in it with the Energy.RHODIUM.29022.Sense2.5.MaxSense.Jul.08.7z ?
Where is the .nbh file? Do I rename the ROM IMAGE to .nbh?
Please give me step by step. Ive read so much already and I dont know what to do anymore. Thank you for your help.

28th October 2011, 05:13 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Talking
-___- I cannot believe I spent all this time for something so dumb. We should put this on the Help for NOOBS thread. The file " .7z " cannot be opened with Winzip. To open the file you have to use WINRAR. And from there we can see the Rhodium_SoftwareUpgrade.exe (RUU) and the RHODIMG.nbh files. And double clicking the Rhodium_SoftwareUpgrade.exe the software will start walking you through the process for flashing. I think it would be a good idea to add on the HOW TO FLASH A ROM that the 7z file requires WINRAR to be opened.
But thanks to the Lord I learned how to flash the Rom successfully.

--------------------

He who provides for this life but takes no care for eternity is wise for a moment but a fool forever.
-John Tillotson
29th October 2011, 11:04 AM |#3  
Flag Crawley (Gatwick, London)
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Or use 7-zip!
29th October 2011, 04:21 PM |#4  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,834

Donate to Me
More
Quote: