FORUMS

ClockworkMod Recovery : Could not mount sd-ext. sd-ext backup may not be supported...

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By hmcguirk, Junior Member on 28th October 2011, 09:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I recently made the jump to CM7.1 KANG Oct24th, with ClockworkMod 5.0.2.0. All seems to be working very well.

But then I tried to do a ClockworkMod backup, just like I've always done. It worked through all the partitions, until sd-ext. I then get the following error:

"Could not mount sd-ext. sd-ext backup may not be supported on this device. Skipping backup of sd-ext" followed by the usual "Generating md5 sum..."

On another forum there was a mention that this error is normal. Does everyone get this error?

I think I created the SDCard partitions using ClockworkMod, so I have a 1024MB Ext4. It is my understanding that Ext4 is supported. It must be, as (I think) I used Clockwork to create the partition. I'm not certain about that, as I was also experimenting with GParted to create partitions. But had the same problem.

I am using Link2SD to move some apps to sd-card, so without sd-ext partition, the backup is incomplete!

Anyone seen this? Any ideas what might be wrong? Or how to fix it?

Thanks.
29th October 2011, 05:25 PM |#2  
Flag Sheffield, UK
Thanks Meter: 275

Donate to Me
More
clockworkmod doesn't support ext4 on the blade. ext3 works.
5th March 2012, 03:29 PM |#3  
Flag Tamworth
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hate to resurrect an old thread but is this still the case I'm having the same problem?
28th August 2012, 07:29 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Looks like I'm going back to 4EXT. After installing the latest touch version of Clockwork mod I got this message also during backup. This is fine if you have no problems on your next ROM but what if you have problem with the next ROM you chose. Doing a full wipe will include reformating EXT4 partition. That means since Clockwork mod didn't backup your EXT4 you have no way of getting all the files you want from your previous ROM. I also thought of changing my partition from EXT4 to EXT3 but besides the fact that I will have to move all my files to my PC then transfer again I read somewhere that EXT3 is not as efficient as EXT4.
28th August 2012, 08:34 AM |#5  
Flag badalup
Thanks Meter: 281

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrookie24

Looks like I'm going back to 4EXT. After installing the latest touch version of Clockwork mod I got this message also during backup. This is fine if you have no problems on your next ROM but what if you have problem with the next ROM you chose. Doing a full wipe will include reformating EXT4 partition. That means since Clockwork mod didn't backup your EXT4 you have no way of getting all the files you want from your previous ROM. I also thought of changing my partition from EXT4 to EXT3 but besides the fact that I will have to move all my files to my PC then transfer again I read somewhere that EXT3 is not as efficient as EXT4.

My version of CWM touch (the only one touch version there is afaik) does support ext4, both 6.0.1.1 stable and 6.0.1.2 experimental.

You can find it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1835279

You might have been using my older testing version which had a problem with some ext4 partitions (notably ext4 partitions with special attributes).
28th August 2012, 11:17 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxxed

My version of CWM touch (the only one touch version there is afaik) does support ext4, both 6.0.1.1 stable and 6.0.1.2 experimental.

You can find it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1835279

You might have been using my older testing version which had a problem with some ext4 partitions (notably ext4 partitions with special attributes).

Sorry I didn't notice the device name. I'm using HTC Desire. My latest version of HTC Desire doesn't support EXT4 anyways. It's Off-Topic here. NVM. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)