FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Bluetooth Mini Keyboard confirmed working

6,765 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,802

By _MetalHead_, Senior Member on 28th October 2011, 11:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just wanted to give you all the heads up, I got one of these bluetooth mini keyboards the other day and it works beautifully with our beloved Epic 4G Touch. Just turn it on, pair it and you're good to go. No root or third party app or plugin needed. The keyboard is cheap (inexpensive) as hell but it works great and is pretty cool. It is smaller than the phone, and easily fits in your pocket.

I didn't get it from this guy so I'm not vouching for the seller but it is that keyboard. They are all over ebay for $10-$15.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Min...ht_3645wt_1189

30th October 2011, 01:12 AM |#2  
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Man that keyboards small. Is it really any faster that using the touch keyboard or is it just a gimmick? Looks cool though.
30th October 2011, 04:10 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I ordered an HP Bluetooth keyboard with that coupon that was floating around in hopes of using it with the next batch of touchpads... Well that's out of the question now... but it works great with the ET4G, was just kind of weird figuring how to pair it (type the code on the keyboard for anyone that doesn't know).
30th October 2011, 08:15 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Portland

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IA-32e

Man that keyboards small. Is it really any faster that using the touch keyboard or is it just a gimmick? Looks cool though.

I am a very efficient touch typer so the hardware keyboard does slow me down a bit but it's still cool to play with. So far I have just been using it to type texts when I'm in my car (at red lights of course!) and the phone is in the car dock. It's actually pretty convenient in that regard.
31st October 2011, 12:56 AM |#5  
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 299

More
Good to hear! I picked one up from Fry's electronics when they were clearancing them out for my old EVO. What a bitch that was to set up. I use it mostly for dosbox, but haven't had the time to set it up thinking I would have to hack it back to working. BTW plug for AnDOSbox, it runs amazing on this phone!
6th November 2011, 07:18 PM |#6  
California
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Does it have predictions? LoL, sorry but unless I get a normal size keyboard I don't see the point of this, but good to know it works (SwiftKey x)
7th November 2011, 07:17 AM |#7  
Miami
Thanks Meter: 206

More
this keyboard works too:

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CGEQ8wIwAQ

it has a mouse pad and a mouse pointer pops up on your phone as well!!!

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex1x

Does it have predictions? LoL, sorry but unless I get a normal size keyboard I don't see the point of this, but good to know it works (SwiftKey x)

swiftykey is great!!!

but yeah external keyboard u have to type every letter
7th November 2011, 08:34 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Good to know this works. I may end up using this as a Google TV type thing... would be awesome if the Logitech keyboard worked for the phone...
10th November 2011, 05:01 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Portland

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhat10

this keyboard works too:

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CGEQ8wIwAQ

it has a mouse pad and a mouse pointer pops up on your phone as well!!![COLOR="Silver"]

Have you actually tried that keyboard and can you confirm FIRST HAND that the mouse pad does work? If you say yes then I'm buying it right away.
10th November 2011, 05:06 AM |#10  
Miami
Thanks Meter: 206

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_

Have you actually tried that keyboard and can you confirm FIRST HAND that the mouse pad does work? If you say yes then I'm buying it right away.

Yes, I still have the keyboard
it paired up right away
again the thing that surprised me was that I never knew the phone had a mouse pointer
But it comes up when you connect this keyboard
10th November 2011, 05:33 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Portland

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhat10

Yes, I still have the keyboard
it paired up right away
again the thing that surprised me was that I never knew the phone had a mouse pointer
But it comes up when you connect this keyboard

Awesome! Thanks for the info, gonna pull the trigger on that one asap. I knew that our phones worked with bluetooth mice, just didn't know if it worked with that one in particular so again, thanks man. I'll probably never use the damn thing but it'll be cool to have

How do the keys feel?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)