FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

youtube videos wont load in 3G only on WiFi?

153 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By carlosraf20, Senior Member on 29th October 2011, 08:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Youtube works just fine when using WiFi , the issue is when using 3G it opens and it searches the videos but when i try to play them, I get the error message unable to connect to server touch to retry?

29th October 2011, 04:19 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 644

More
probably because you're in an area with shitty service, like 90% of all sprint customers.
31st October 2011, 03:40 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 368

More
Yep, it's kind of hard to load a youtube video when your 3g speeds are dial-up speeds.
31st October 2011, 08:17 AM |#4  
Flag Anaheim
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I don't have a problem loading YouTube videos on 3G.

Try this http://goo.gl/3c71U
31st October 2011, 03:22 PM |#5  
Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosraf20

Youtube works just fine when using WiFi , the issue is when using 3G it opens and it searches the videos but when i try to play them, I get the error message unable to connect to server touch to retry?

I also had to set RTSP port to 0
and rtsp proxy to 0.0.0.0

After that i could load youtube fine on 3g

like the other poster said you need your msl to edit these values
31st October 2011, 04:43 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
So if your evo is flashed to Boost and you change your RTSP and PROXY to 0 it wont damage your flash at all?

Off-Topic question.
Can you Root a Flashed boostmobile evo with Unrevoked3 and not mess up the Flash?
16th December 2011, 05:10 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

More
After some time trying out different things... I find out how to solve this , all I have to do is turn the WIFI on ,it docent matter if am not connected to WIFI , the video loads using the 3G.
The Following User Says Thank You to carlosraf20 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carlosraf20 Ad-Free
27th November 2012, 07:41 PM |#8  
Flag Columbia, SC.
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Been trying to resolve this issue too and "carlosraf20" is correct...just turn on your wifi and it will work.
30th November 2012, 02:34 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 55

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaidback

Been trying to resolve this issue too and "carlosraf20" is correct...just turn on your wifi and it will work.

This work for me and a few other I know to. Why all of a sudden we have to do this. I didn't have to have wifi on before or anyone else. Kinda seem like our battery will drain alot quicker when we do this though. For the record 4g doesn't play youtube videos either so for now the only method is to leave wifi on for now. Hope this gets fix though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)