Sync your articles as quick as a wink, store text and images for offline reading and search your articles in a gorgeous metro style way.
This is NewsSpot, a full-featured Google Reader client for Windows Phone: Its advanced sync-engine delivers a two-way sync for your unread and starred articles, which only syncs what needs to be synced. Already stored hundreds of starred articles? NewsSpot will download them once and never again. It caches articles as well as images for later offline reading.
Ever wanted to search your starred articles? Ever been interested in a specific topic of your reading-list? No problem with NewsSpot. Just tap the search button and enter your keywords, it will instantly filter your current list to what you've searched.
Together with Windows Phone Mango, NewsSpot now offers live tiles and toast notifications. For example, you can pin secondary live tiles to your start screen showing the count of your folders. Of course, live tiles can be updated per background task.
Other features include:
- Bookmark your article in Instapaper or ReadItLater or send a link per Email
- Mango only: share your article via Twitter, Facebook, Windows Live etc.
- Mango only: benefit from compressed web communication and save up to 80% of your data plan
- Open YouTube or Marketplace links from within the application
- Read articles in full or mobilized view, supported by Google or Instapaper
I've just released v2.0 of the app, which takes advantage of a lot of Mango features. Here is a list of things that are new in v2.0:
- Compatible with Windows Phone Mango
- Share article via builtin phone services
- Application live tile can show unread, starred and shared count
- Secondary live tiles with folder count
- Background task with toast notification and update of tiles
- Adjusted trial limits, added advertising
- Added support for gzipped communication
- Further improved sync speed
- Uses system progress indicator
- Added what's new to about page
- Added flip animation to folder tiles
- Changed icons so that they stick to the system theme
- Lots of minor changes and bug fixes
There is an add-supported version which has all features with the sole restriction that it lets you sync at a max 200 unread and 50 starred articles. The full version supports up to 1000 unread or starred articles.
NewsSpot is a matter of the heart to me and I'm constantly trying to improve it. So if you find a bug, have a suggestion or any other feedback, don't hesitate to write here or contact me per pm or twitter (@fourspotproject).