FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

--->>>>CM7 Nightly's Build's Discussion & Thoughts<<<---

457 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,507

By t0dbld, Senior Member on 30th October 2011, 09:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Please use this thread for all your discussion about the Nightly builds for CM7 for the Atrix.

It is important to note that Nightly Builds are not for most Users
Things to know about Nightly Builds:
  • Not Stable releases
  • Will have bugs / issues
  • Not intended to be used as main everyday ROM
  • Are not Fully Supported like Stable Releases
  • Should not be used by people that are not Masters of ADB
  • You Should be comfortable enough to recover from soft bricks On your OWN
  • 90% chance you will be wipping your data (factory reset) at some point and time

DO NOT REPORT ISSUES ON NIGHTLIES ON THE BUG TRACKER
FAQ FOR ATRIX NIGHTLY's
Nightly builds can be found here:
http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=olympus
The Following 83 Users Say Thank You to t0dbld For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift t0dbld Ad-Free
30th October 2011, 09:36 PM |#2  
Flag S.E. Florida
Thanks Meter: 337

Donate to Me
More
Also would like to add that BACKUPS are your friend if you are not comfortable with t0dbld's sugestions. Thanks for starting this thread and for the teams dedication.

Is or are the Dev team also creating different tweaks/builds seperate from Cyanogenmod or will the teams work just be incorporated into the nightly builds?
30th October 2011, 09:41 PM |#3  
Flag Bethany Beach, Delaware
Thanks Meter: 2,284

Donate to Me
More
Excellent! Allrighty, lets kick off this party with a bang. First off, thanks to all the Devs and others who made this a reality. Nightly builds = awesome. After installing this with the latest version of Gapps, everything is working beautifully. Very excited to see where this is going. Faux123's stopgap kernels WILL work with this build so far and I have tested them. Only thing I've noticed so far is that, for the first time for some reason, I am unable to buy an app from Market and bill it to my AT&T account. Option seems to have disappeared. I've heard of others discuss this, and I'm assuming that the change language to English fix will work with this, but haven't tried it yet. Umm...ring lock screen seems to be working with less lag than before. Other than that, have nothing else to report at this time. Thanks again all, and happy flashing!
The Following User Says Thank You to Phalanx7621 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phalanx7621 Ad-Free
30th October 2011, 10:01 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx7621

Excellent! Allrighty, lets kick off this party with a bang. First off, thanks to all the Devs and others who made this a reality. Nightly builds = awesome. After installing this with the latest version of Gapps, everything is working beautifully. Very excited to see where this is going. Faux123's stopgap kernels WILL work with this build so far and I have tested them. Only thing I've noticed so far is that, for the first time for some reason, I am unable to buy an app from Market and bill it to my AT&T account. Option seems to have disappeared. I've heard of others discuss this, and I'm assuming that the change language to English fix will work with this, but haven't tried it yet. Umm...ring lock screen seems to be working with less lag than before. Other than that, have nothing else to report at this time. Thanks again all, and happy flashing!

Hi, May i know this rom can support the Fingerprint and the webtop?
what the different with another CM7 (non nightly ver) , quite blur here.
thanks.
30th October 2011, 10:17 PM |#5  
Flag S.E. Florida

Donate to Me
More
You might find it being offered by someone willing to make a workaround to get it to work. Being that "Android" didn't put the fingerprint scanner in the phone and no other phone has one, you'll have to wait for someone to actually make a script that can be added to CM7.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phoneguy589 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phoneguy589 Ad-Free
30th October 2011, 11:49 PM |#6  
Flag S.E. Florida

Donate to Me
More
NP...

Does Cyanogenmod or Dev Team post changelogs about each update/nightly?
30th October 2011, 11:54 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,004

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneguy589

NP...

Does Cyanogenmod or Dev Team post changelogs about each update/nightly?

https://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=olympus
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to turl1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift turl1 Ad-Free
30th October 2011, 11:54 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Are we going to see nightlies on Rom manager?

-CM7.1 -B^-N Over Clocked via Faux123 1.45ghz V2.1 THANKS XDA DEV!
The Following User Says Thank You to kix08 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kix08 Ad-Free
30th October 2011, 11:57 PM |#9  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 137

More
I'm already seeing the Nightlies on ROM Manager. In fact, just downloaded Nightly 3 and I'm installing as we speak.
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisliphart For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chrisliphart Ad-Free
31st October 2011, 12:02 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I'm seeing things about "FM Radio" on the nightly change log. Does the atrix have FM Radio capabilities?
The Following User Says Thank You to CancerJesus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CancerJesus Ad-Free
31st October 2011, 12:04 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 1,507

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerJesus

I'm seeing things about "FM Radio" on the nightly change log. Does the atrix have FM Radio capabilities?

No it does not have capability
The Following User Says Thank You to t0dbld For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift t0dbld Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aids, anal wrath, burning, cm7, cm9basedromsareawasteoftime, crash, darkside, darkside rom, hemmorroids, idontcarewhodoeswhattoyourhersheyhighway, mjpollardsuckedmyballsfor30minutes, nightly, preparationh, rectal tearing

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)