Also note it may be weeks, perhaps months before Atrix 2 updates begin rolling in. It's a very new device!
Now, the fastest way we are going to get this Bootloader unlocked is with a little ol' fashioned teamwork. These methods have worked for other devices but require some participation and patience.
Previous devices having used the method:
Here are the methods we will be using:
1.Motorola, ATT SBF files for Motorola Atrix 2
2.Project Cheesecake - finding update versions on Motorola servers
1. SBF files
If you or someone you know is able to provide SBF Files intended for the Atrix 2, you can post them here or email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org if anonymity is an issue.
2. The tried and tested Project Cheesecake!
What you will need
1.an ADB setup.
3.ClockworkMod Recovery set up on the phone.
4.You should have an FXZ Ready in case you mess up.
5.Root Explorer from market
Now an app does it all for you. Imagine that.
1. Okay, so, download THIS APP RIGHT HERE.
2. Install the app on your phone.
3. Open the app. Click the first button.
5. Open app, click second button. Select a server. QA And Staging servers seem most common for updates, but we need to check them all. The default is in Production -> master-blur.whatever.com if you need to get back to it.
6. now click third button in app to check for update. click setup (the moto account thing is bs). Now if it gives you a wifi error, that means the server is down that you chose. If the server is up it will check for an update.
7. If that didn't work, select a new server with button 2, and then check again with button 3.
8. Any comments in this post about the ghettoness of my app will result in replies including but not limited to A) Slander, B) flaming, and C) death. Try to keep the thread pretty on topic to cheesecake method and other info. I know my app can be refined, jcase has been giving me some tips on streamlining my programming and su permission reduction, but it does good stuff, don't worry. It even remounts system as RO when it uses it.
9. godspeed, guys.
What do I do if my phone finds an update?
if you are uncomfortable dealing with it for sake of bricks / other bad stuff, let someone else know or post it in the thread. It will be attended to properly.
DO NOT INSTALL IT. IF YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT
Depending on what the update contains, it could brick your device. Get in touch with a developer ASAP if you don't know what to do. Post in this thread which server you found it on. load up adb. The file you found should exist somewhere in /cache. pull it to your computer. Then delete it. Be warned that the update after downloaded tries to install every 2 minutes and while typing a text i accidentally clicked install once. I almost messed myself up.
log onto chat.andirc.net and go to #bionic. You might find me in there.
Log onto irc.freenode.net and join #droidbionic and #bionic-dev. The bionic-dev channel is ONLY for dev-related talk. If you just want to kick it, converse in #droidbionic.
Someone experienced here can help you, and let you know what you've found.
If you liked my work here, click the thanks button at the bottom of this post! Thank you all for reading.
List of servers:
master-lab.blurdev.com master-demo.blurdev.com master-dev.blurdev.com master-qa1.blurdev.com master-qa2.blurdev.com master-qa3.blurdev.com master-qa4.blurdev.com master-staging1.blurdev.com master-sdc1.svcmot.com master-blur.svcmot.com master-homer.blurdev.com master-bart.blurdev.com master-lisa.blurdev.com master-maggie.blurdev.com master-marge.blurdev.com master-bqa1.blurdev.com master-bqa2.blurdev.com testcloud01-sdc1.blurdev.com
2.Navigate to /system/etc/motorola/com.motorola.blur.service.blur/ in a root file explorer [ie. Root Explorer]
3.Edit data_wifi_only_settings.mkitso. Replace "data_wifi_only_feat_avail=1" with "data_wifi_only_feat_avail=0"
4.Edit defaults.xml. Replace the entire file contents with:
<map><string name='blur.service.ws.useApnProxy'>0</string><string name='blur.service.ws.masterCloud'>master-lab.blurdev.com</string></map>
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?> <map> <boolean name='AllowActiveSync' value='true'/> <boolean name='ShowSkipSetupMenu' value='true'/> <boolean name='ShowConnectionChooser' value='true'/> <boolean name='ShowDataSaverInSetup' value='true'/> <boolean name='WifiPreference' value='true'/> <boolean name='loc_consent_unchecked' value='false'/> <boolean name='CloudPreference' value='true'/></map>
7.Navigate to Settings > About Phone > System Updates
8.If it says "Update Available," let the update download. Do not install the update, because it could potentially brick your device.
9.Pull the update.zip file from /cache [Root Explorer or ADB] and upload/post the file for developer interest
10.Continue to test the next server. Navigate to /system/etc/motorola/com.motorola.blur.service.blur
11.Mount the folder as read/write
12.Edit defaults.xml. Remove "master-lab.blurdev.com" and put in the URL for the next server.
13.Repeat the steps from "Wipe data and cache" every time.
- eval- for his initial discovery on the Atrix 4G
- Navalynt for scanning servers
- SamCripp, the2dcour - working on "Project Cheesecake" and "Pudding" unlock projects
-kennethpenn for the instructions as well as setup.
-Phydo for automatic method and app!