FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] Hacked Gingerbread Camera.apk - updated 5/14/12

48 posts
Thanks Meter: 49

By substanceD, Member on 5th November 2011, 04:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is the Droid Charge Gingerbread Camera.apk with the following modifications:
* Sharpness set to +2 by default--use Camera-5-14-12.apk or Camera-with-2-sharpness.zip. dwitherell had a better idea for how to do this so that doesn't leave the sharpness stuck at +2, so I've updated the attachment to use his instead (thanks!) (added 5/14/12)
* Does not show in call warning--use Camera.apk or Camera-with-normal-sharpness.apk (added 12/20/11)
* Does not show battery warning on <= 15% battery (added 11/6/11)
* Shutter can be activated with either the power button or the search button (although you need to press pause or stop manually in the camcorder) (added 11/6/11)

Requirements:
* You must be running a deodexed Gingerbread Droid Charge ROM. If you have a /system/app/Camera.odex file, you are not running a deodexed ROM, and will need to flash a different one or deodex your ROM before using this mod.

Installation instructions:
1. Back up your Camera.apk by moving it to /system/app/Camera.apk.bak
2. Push one of the attached Camera files to /system/app/Camera.apk with adb or download and copy it there with RootExplorer or ROM Toolbox

Alternatively, flash one of the attached CWM ZIP files from recovery. Thanks to dwitherell for the empty flashable ZIP file, since I could never get them to work correctly when I created them myself.

To use a different version of this mod or revert to the original, download the desired file, rename it to Camera.apk, and then follow the installation instructions above

Known to work on:
Pretty much every Gingerbread (Android 2.3.6) ROM. It is included in Tweaked/TweakStock and InfinityROM.

Feel free to click the "Thanks" button if you like my work
Attached Files
File Type: apk Camera.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.07 MB, 12886 views)
File Type: apk Camera-11-6-11.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.07 MB, 3599 views)
File Type: apk Camera-original.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.06 MB, 6243 views)
File Type: zip Camera-with-2-sharpness.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.82 MB, 2781 views)
File Type: zip Camera-original.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.74 MB, 3381 views)
File Type: zip Camera-with-normal-sharpness.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.74 MB, 1704 views)
File Type: apk Camera-5-14-12.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.86 MB, 4948 views)
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to substanceD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift substanceD Ad-Free

5th November 2011, 05:10 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Yeah power button for shutter would be sweet

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App
5th November 2011, 06:15 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
THANK. YOU. I was trying to get the old one for froyo build's working today & I couldn't, this is exactly what I was looking for.

If you could also add Search Button for shutter, that would be perfect, since it's easier to press & more conveniently located than the power button.

One other request, sort of weird, but when I'm in the camera app, & I press the power button, make it so it actually puts the phone to sleep, not just locks it so you can't do anything but it's still running down your battery.
5th November 2011, 10:48 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloman800

THANK. YOU. I was trying to get the old one for froyo build's working today & I couldn't, this is exactly what I was looking for.

If you could also add Search Button for shutter, that would be perfect, since it's easier to press & more conveniently located than the power button.

One other request, sort of weird, but when I'm in the camera app, & I press the power button, make it so it actually puts the phone to sleep, not just locks it so you can't do anything but it's still running down your battery.

I counter that, I would like to use the power button for shutter. It's easier to use when you take a picture of others and of yourself

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium
5th November 2011, 11:14 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Thanks for the feedback! Once I figure out how to change the behavior of keys in the app I could maybe create a couple different versions--one with search for shutter and another for power. I haven't figured out how that code works yet (I'm reading smali code for the most part) but I'll keep you posted.
6th November 2011, 02:41 AM |#6  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I can confirm it definitely works on Humble. I used it tonight to take a picture at the Rangers game with about 10% battery left.
6th November 2011, 07:38 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,630

Donate to Me
More
Thank you! This is very useful. I was taking off from Puerto Rico to fly back to Florida and I wanted to record the take off. But guess what? My battery was to low!
6th November 2011, 07:52 PM |#8  
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 193

Donate to Me
More
Doesn't work-humble 4.5. A working version would be sweet... Thanks for the effort.

Sent from my HUMBLE 4.5 using XDA App
6th November 2011, 08:23 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjt19

Doesn't work-humble 4.5. A working version would be sweet... Thanks for the effort.

Sent from my HUMBLE 4.5 using XDA App

When you replace the Camera.apk in /system/app/, what happens? Does it not show in the app drawer or are you not able to run it? If you PM me the Humble APK I will make the same modification to it as I did to the other one, which should make it work for you.
6th November 2011, 09:23 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by substanceD

When you replace the Camera.apk in /system/app/, what happens? Does it not show in the app drawer or are you not able to run it? If you PM me the Humble APK I will make the same modification to it as I did to the other one, which should make it work for you.

I'm running Humble 4.5 as well, it works perfectly for me. He probably tried to install it like a normal app.

p.s. , here's the thread for the guy that hacked the froyo camera, if you want to ask him how he changed the button mappings: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1144885

Thanks again, this has already saved me once!
The Following User Says Thank You to Haloman800 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Haloman800 Ad-Free
6th November 2011, 10:09 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
It works for me running stock 2.3.5. If it doesn't work try rebooting.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
camera

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)