First Release will be for Sense 3.5
Projected Release dates:
Sense 3.5 - 11.11.2011 - 11.11 CET
Sense 3.0 - next week
This new Theme reflects the soon to be released ICS 4.0 Update. Early videos and screenshots lead to the impression, that this is finally a step in the right design direction, not mentioning functional goodies coming with the new release. ICE HD tries to port some of the visual stuff and elegance to GB Sense. This appoach is certainly limited, but combined with 3rd party apps it looks really nice and sophisticated on our DHD.
The Theme is still WIP, but I want to tease you with some early screenshots from the ongoing project. I hope to release the first Beta already this week, so enjoy the pics. The ICE HD Theme will come a full flashable plus a Skin, that adds blue highlights and flat widgets.
In case you use that Theme with a 3rd party Launcher like Launcher Pro, ADW or GO I will soon recommend you fitting widgets, which will ensure, that you don`t miss HTC widgets. You can certainly also enjoy the Theme combined with Rosie, but then the Skin is important to get the full feel.
1. What you need before the flash
Root, S-Off, DHD Sense ROM, Clockwork Mod and ROM Manager
How to install
* IMPORTANT - backup your system with Rom Manager
* Copy IceDHD.zip and IceHD35.apk to SD Card
* Open Rom Manager and install Theme from SD Card
* Choose IceDHD.zip, then your DHD boots in Recovery and installs the theme, copies the Icon Pack and Wallpaper to your SD Card
* Choose your favorite Wallpaper from sdcard/wallpaper (4 Options), if you like customize your shortcuts with the icon pack
* Install IceDHD35.apk from SD like a regular app
* Apply the Skin under Personalize
Icons can be best applied with Desktop Visualizer (if you use Rosie) or directly with LauncherPro.
* Make sure you choose HTC default skin, otherwise theme will not show up as designed
* Note: If there is a part you don`t want to install, just open the update.zip with winrar or 7zip BEFORE you flash, delete the apk and close the zip.
NOTE: You must install BOTH Theme & Skin to achieve the desired look
Color code: If you want to match color like clock in statusbar - the color code is #ff2789ae
Since multiupload has gone mad like a lot of file sharing sites since the big bang with Mega Upload, here´s a mirror for most of my Desire HD Themes (still uploading a while...).
Theme Update of Ice HD for Runny v.4.0
You need to install Skin & Theme for full effect. Theme has to be flashed, Skin installs like a marekt app, see Theme OP.
Changelog Update 11/19 & 11/20:
- Smaller Widgets on Shortcut Widget - thx to sam.crowther
- Fixed graphic issues in Browser progress bar
- Fixed graphic issues on some buttons presses
- More unified ICS press effects
- More flat ICS buttons
- Fixed Market & browser search bar
Transparency step Skins for Ice HD
Since Skins override your prefered transparency statusbar level from tweaks, I present 5 different Skin versions, that solve that issue.
- 0% Transparency
- 25% Transparency
- 50% Transparency
- 75% Transparency
- 99% Transparency
When you install your prefered Skin, the preview image will show you, which version you have installed for each different Skin. Note - if you install another verson, it overwrites your current Ice HD Skin. If you want to switch transparency level, just install the appropriate skin and apply under personalize. the preview is just there to give you better control, which version is active.
Note: Please DON`T ask, why 99%...
Note 2: These Skins are designed to work best with full Ice HD Theme. It`s not recommended to use them on stock or combined with other Themes unless you like weird style
Download Standard Skin (0%)
Download 25% Skin
Download 50% Skin
Download 75% Skin
Download 99% Skin
Preview in personalize Menu
Screenshot of 99% Homescreen
Flat grey dialer
Recommended market apps to achieve the widget look of first screens:
Glass Widgets - https://market.android.com/details?i...dpZGdldHMiXQ..
APW (Android Pro Widgets) - https://market.android.com/details?i...RzLmNvcmUiXQ..
Google Reader - https://market.android.com/details?i...BzLnJlYWRlciJd
APW Google Reader - https://market.android.com/details?i...dyZWFkZXIiXQ..
APW s23 Theme (for Themes you need the license key) - https://market.android.com/details?i...BoaWNzLnh0ZyJd
with Sense Rosie