Will update the process into a more east to read format as soon as I can.
This isnt a question anymore because the method I will explain below works perfectly. Thanks to Gjones77, Stilesja, marcasant, Mkasik, xBTx and chrisott9628 as well as the acs team for providing the tools needed to root the OTA.
first you need to install the OTA either through the OTA method or through the Google link method.
Next you need to go to the ACS forums and Download the ACS recovery 22.214.171.124.tar.md5 file, http://chris41g.devphone.org/index.p...ACSRecovery%2F
You will need this file as well http://downloads.androidsu.com/superuser/su-3.0-efgh-signed.zip
Edit: see the 2 options below first so that you can retain CWM on your phone after reboot as samsung put a script in their kernel that will flush it out after reboot.
You will also need to have the latest version of Odin, Odin3 v1.85.
1) confirm you have gingerbread EI22.
2) download the 2 files above (you can use CWM purple version as well if you dont want the acs Recovery.)
3) Put the su-3.0-efgh-signed.zip file onto your sdcard and turn off the phone.
4) Boot into Download mode by holding the 1 key on the keyboard and the power key
5) open odin and connect the phone to the computer, one of the ID:com boxes will light up to confirm it is connected.
6) put the ACSrecovery.tar.md5 file into the PDA area of odin, make sure everything is uncheck except Auto-reboot and hit start.
7) if done correctly your phone should reboot directly into ACS recovery mode.
8) once in recovery flash the Su-***** .zip file then reboot the phone.
9) If CWM does not stick due to the added script Samsung embedded in the phone kernel you should see below. There are thus far, 2 possible options, Option 1 will give you the Keyboard fix with a relatively Stock experience and Option 2 will give you a Deodexed Rom, nubernal, the keyboard fix and the GPS fix.
Thought id add something to this first:
Stilesja has a fix for this, I can now confirm this works as I have tried it out my self.
Ok, I have found a Fix so that Clockwork Sticks
First Odin Mkasik's EI22 Keyboard fix Kernel (PDA - Only check Auto Reboot)
Then Odin Purple Clockwork.
Now it sticks for me.
You can also make your CWM override the built in Samsung issue as well as add the nubernal. To do this, follow the steps up until you get into ACS recovery or CWM and flash the .zip in this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1339579 rather than the Su.zip file. This will completely fix your GPS and CWM problems as well as deodex the EI22 version you have.