I want to publish the first public beta of my Kernel. It is based on 18.104.22.168 and should reduce the Android OS Battery usage. The Kernel is based on CF Root Kernel.
As always: You are responsible for your phone. Don't blame me, if something goes wrong and you loose the photos from grandmas birthday or brick your phone. I have warned you! The Kernel is in very early stage and has been tested only by me so far.
- Compatible to Chainfires CWM App
- Reduced Debugging and Logging
- Interactive Governor enabled (but not set as default. Use SetCPU).
NEW Version 1.2:
- Based on KJ6 Sources
- optimized compiler flags
- bug fixing
NEW Version 1.3:
- OC/UV Support (100 - 1700 MHz, SetCPU and Voltage Control)
- additional governors (ondemand, ondemandx, interactive, interactivex, smartass, smartassv2, performance, powersave, conservative, Lagfree, Lazy, Savagedzen, Lulzactive)
- Tegrak 2nd core Support
- I/O schedulers: BFQv3, SIO, CFQ, deadline, VR, noop
- some tweaks and bugfixes
NEW Version 1.3.1:
- Removed some Optimizations in order to fix the Camera Bug
NEW Version 1.4:
- added 50 MHz
- Fixed Bug which caused removal of CWM Manager
- EFS Backup reworked
- intellidemand govenor added
- added Version Number in Version String
- Fixed Camera Bug finally
- Deactivated GPU Undervolting
- Some tweaks added again, which were removed for 1.3.1
NEW Version 1.5:
- Optimizations in Schedulers and Governors
- Maybe Bluetooth Streaming Bugfix
NEW Version 1.6:
- Voodoo Louder support
- Optimized schedulers
- new MALI drivers
- more logging and debugging (due to voodoo louder)
NEW Version 2.0:
- complete reworked cpufreq (incl. Abyss Smooth Scaling support), no more 50 MHz support
- Lulzactive V2 inkl. Tegrak support
- xz compression
- optimized configuration
- tun, ntfs, fuse support
- amazing performance improvement
The configuration is more or less Samsung Stock (except debugging, logging and the governor). Maybe I will optimize it in the future. The CWM App from Chainfire is not included, but should work on this kernel. I suggest to first flash a CF Kernel in order to root your phone and get the CWM App. After that you can flash this kernel. I recommend the CWM Manager App for flashing activities.
Please report bugs. I had a problem with endless USB Port Suspend / Resume cycles during testing, which caused the phone not to enter the deep sleep. Maybe the reason were to optimistic compiler options (it did not occur in the last 24 hours).
I would also appreciate, if you compare battery lifetime with Stock kernel. The battery statistic tells, the Android OS Usage is reduced, but results this really in a longer battery lifetime? Please observe and report.
For the Developers: The Sourcecode.