FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] - Root with RazorClaw/Recovery installer (All TF)

3,667 posts
Thanks Meter: 893

By davebugyi, Senior Member on 15th November 2011, 09:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm just writing this quick (somewhat) noob-proof guide, because some people are asking questions still.

Requirements: 8.6.5.19 WW Firmware version (or one with the App Backup application)

Get Root:

1. Download and install RazorClaw app on your device (http://androidroot.mobi/2011/11/14/introducing-razorclaw-v1/)
2. After install run the app, read the info and press "Root me nao!"
3. If successful, SuperUser app should appear in the app list (This needs to be updated via Market link)

Note:
Quote:

by wolf849
--install option is not working for some reason on TF101G and su needs to be installed manually after temp root .

Install Custom Recovery (CWM):

0. This comes after rooting, not before!!!
1. Download Recovery Installer app on your device (Link by gnufabio)
2. Install app, run, click to install recovery
3. Device reboots, and if successful, it installs recovery and boots back into OS.

Install Custom Rom:

0.Download the ROM and check MD5sum (always do that) - free programs canb be found everywhere to check. When done, put it on your MicroSD card, not the internal memory (therefore MicroSD card needed )
1. Reboot to CWM you just installed (I used Transformer reboot to recovery app)
2. BACKUP!!! current ROM (click on backup/restore option in CWM) - navigate with volume buttons, power button.
3. When backup finished, choose Install .zip from SD Card, choose the file you have downloaded - wait for the process, then reboot.
4. Done

- More information regarding flashing ROMs, addons can be fount in the Development forum.

If you want to (Do it! ) - Thank (and buy a beer) to all the developers, who made this possible!!!
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to davebugyi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift davebugyi Ad-Free

15th November 2011, 04:33 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Followed these steps and worked flawlessly! Running overclocked 1.5ghz on Revolver ROM / Clemsen 21 kernel with my newly rooted B7O SBK2. Smokin fast, no force closes, and smooth as silk. RayMan and his team at Android Root Mobi are great! I was shocked to see the breakthrough in rooting SBK2 devices yesterday. Jumped on it and it's the easiest root and custom ROM install I have ever done (previous experience with Nook Color, Viewsonic Gtab, Acer A500). Installed automatic Airplane mode app and getting amazing battery results. Keyboard doc is performing great too!
15th November 2011, 04:54 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 893

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyams

Airplane mode app and getting amazing battery results. Keyboard doc is performing great too!

Can you tell me what app is that exactly? Thanks!
15th November 2011, 05:11 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 300

Donate to Me
More
Excelant informatie, didn't know it was SO easy to root (still used to the HTC Hero way) you confinsed me to get root and install revolver rom (mostly for the battery life!) Thanks again
15th November 2011, 06:35 PM |#5  
Flag VA
Thanks Meter: 234

More
Please tell me I can do this on my EEE Pad Slider.....

Thanks in advance -

D

I opened the URL referenced in the OP and saw that the Slider will be tested soon. Please disregard my post.

D
15th November 2011, 06:44 PM |#6  
Flag Vancouver, BC
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Oh wow thanks! I originally just thought the B70+ can just only be rooted and not be able to install a custom recovery and custom rom too.

This is awesome. It makes my purchase of a TF that much sweeter.
15th November 2011, 07:16 PM |#7  
Flag Sugar Land TX
Thanks Meter: 1,723

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebugyi

Can you tell me what app is that exactly? Thanks!

I use this one, it's great. It extend my battery life almost double.
https://market.android.com/details?i...9haXJwbGFuZSJd
The Following User Says Thank You to baseballfanz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift baseballfanz Ad-Free
15th November 2011, 08:14 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz

I use this one, it's great. It extend my battery life almost double.
https://market.android.com/details?i...9haXJwbGFuZSJd

Yes, this is the one I was referring to above. It works well for me. When using CPU Spy app, I am getting great "deep sleep" results using Auto Airplane Mode app.
15th November 2011, 08:59 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 300

Donate to Me
More
Don't see why you would use that app sinse it's fixed in the new firmware update?
16th November 2011, 03:39 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Excellent root guide
Just "rooted" my TF; so smooth I attempted it twice! Couldn't believe it was so painless. Congrats and kudos to all involved. Just one simple question, most likely been asked before so I apoligise in advance; when firmare is updated, does device have to be re-rooted or will it carry over?
16th November 2011, 03:30 PM |#11  
Flag Camelot
Thanks Meter: 257

More
I rooted and installed Revolver rom on my B70 a few days ago using this method and did a and factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache before updating the zip. Everything works fine though, but is this the correct procedure? For future falshes: do I need to wipe again in CWM after the zip update? Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)