FORUMS

[APP] [18/11/2014] [Android 5.0 Lollipop][GooglePlay Music] [V5.7.1780Q.1590147]

5,336 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,083

By Steve0007, Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator on 17th November 2011, 03:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th June 2012, 06:31 AM |#331  
Flag Hartford
Thanks Meter: 241

Donate to Me
More
Where do your playlists get saved? I assume it must be root of phone somewhere ,because everytime I restore a backup or flash Rom I lose playlist.

Sent from my R800i using xda premium
13th June 2012, 01:01 AM |#332  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Just removed the older GooglePlay versions and kept only the latest one.
13th June 2012, 06:26 AM |#333  
Flag Hartford

Donate to Me
More
Im still looking for an answer to my question if anyone can please help.....Where does "Google Music" save any of our playlists when created from phone? I have the music on my SD Card and I made a playlist of my favorites, so after I flash any Rom I would like to know the location of playlist so I can just place back in proper location within root of phone.

16th June 2012, 09:43 AM |#334  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusalmighty

Im still looking for an answer to my question if anyone can please help.....Where does "Google Music" save any of our playlists when created from phone? I have the music on my SD Card and I made a playlist of my favorites, so after I flash any Rom I would like to know the location of playlist so I can just place back in proper location within root of phone.

http://android.stackexchange.com/que...usic-playlists

Google is your friend...

sent via potential brick...
The Following User Says Thank You to eeyunopper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eeyunopper Ad-Free
26th June 2012, 05:55 PM |#335  
Flag Hartford

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyunopper

http://android.stackexchange.com/que...usic-playlists

Google is your friend...

OK, so I read that page in detail and some others (thanks yours was most helpful), so I tried to simply backup/copy my .db and DB.journal from Rom which I made my Google music playlist and paste into new roms folder( /data/data/com.google.android.music/databases). I had to change permissions also. It adds the playlists into Google music but when I tried to play the playlist it says,"can't play the requested file". It actually made all tracks in google play music unplayable so do not try this lol. This didn't work at all so I'm wondering if it is possible. The actual music files have not been moved from SD. Any ideas? It would be more trouble than its worth if I had to edit XML or DB to just transfer a playlist file.:thumbdown:

26th June 2012, 07:40 PM |#336  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusalmighty

OK, so I read that page in detail and some others (thanks yours was most helpful), so I tried to simply backup/copy my .db and DB.journal from Rom which I made my Google music playlist and paste into new roms folder( /data/data/com.google.android.music/databases). I had to change permissions also. It adds the playlists into Google music but when I tried to play the playlist it says,"can't play the requested file". It actually made all tracks in google play music unplayable so do not try this lol. This didn't work at all so I'm wondering if it is possible. The actual music files have not been moved from SD. Any ideas? It would be more trouble than its worth if I had to edit XML or DB to just transfer a playlist file.:thumbdown:

Sorry mate, no idea about this. And google wasn't very informative either. Good luck finding your answer though.

30th June 2012, 05:44 AM |#337  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Jelly Bean GoogleMusic added
30th June 2012, 08:07 AM |#338  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi,

does Jelly Bean GoogleMusic work with earlier versions than 4.1? I tried to install the apk on my GalaxyS running the latest cm9 nightly and it fails: "App not installed".

D.
30th June 2012, 09:38 AM |#339  
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMixx

Hi,

does Jelly Bean GoogleMusic work with earlier versions than 4.1? I tried to install the apk on my GalaxyS running the latest cm9 nightly and it fails: "App not installed".

D.

same here with 4.0.3
30th June 2012, 01:28 PM |#340  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spon4ik

same here with 4.0.3

Same here in 4.0.4 Xperia S
30th June 2012, 01:37 PM |#341  
Flag G├Âttingen
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMixx

Hi,

D.

Same here. Galaxy S2 (g) ics.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)