FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GO Widget Theme Maker] Instructions (all 14 widgets) and Themes

1,438 posts
Thanks Meter: 374

By jsmccabe78, Senior Member on 17th November 2011, 04:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Are you a fan of GO Widgets? Me too. Interested in making some skins/ themes for them? So am I.

Section 1: Theme Maker and Instructions
The GO Team has put together a theme maker and some instructions from this thread:
v1 Template
v1 Instructions
v1 Template Mirror - Mediafire

Section 2: Adding Additional Widgets
The Widget theme maker v1 contains the following widgets: Bookmark, Caldendar, Contacts, Facebook, SMS, Switch, Task Manager, Twitter and Weibo.

But as you know, there are more GO widgets. Here is how to include them in your theme (basically, I decompiled their transparent theme and Frankensteined it all together). Note: I don't know how to skin the clock yet - anyeone else???

DOWNLOAD ALL THE NECESSARY FILES HERE.

YOU MUST KEEP THE FOLDER ARCHITECTURE INTACT FOR THIS TO WORK! Edit the pngs, xmls as per ususal.

GO Store
a- add widget_gostorewidget.xml to assets
b- add the images to your drawable folder
c- add the following line to strings.xml in res/values
Code:
<string name="gostore_theme">YOUR THEME NAME</string>
News - is this even a released widget yet???
a- add widget_newswidget.xml to assets
Code:
<string name="news3g44themetitle">YOUR THEME NAME</string>
Note (4x3 only)
a- add widget_notewidget.xml to assets
Code:
<string name="note_theme_43_title">YOUR THEME NAME</string>
QQWeibo
a- add widget_qqweibowidget.xml to assets
c- add the following lines to strings.xml in res/values
Code:
<string name="qqweibo44themetitle">YOUR THEME NAME</string>
<string name="qqweibo41themetitle">YOUR THEME NAME</string>
Search
a- add widget_searchwidget.xml to assets
Code:
<string name="search1">YOUR THEME NAME</string>
My entire strings.xml looks like:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<resources>
    <string name="hello">Hello World, TestGoTheme2!</string>
    <string name="app_name">RBW</string>
    <string name="dialogtitle">Checking GO Launcher EX</string>
    <string name="dialogcontent">GO Launcher EX is not installed in your phone, please press OK to download it</string>
    <string name="dialogok">OK</string>
    <string name="contact1">RBW</string>
    <string name="contact2">RBW</string>
    <string name="search1">RBW</string>
    <string name="sms42title">RBW</string>
    <string name="sms44title">RBW</string>
    <string name="sms44sessiontitle">RBW</string>
    <string name="task11title">RBW</string>
    <string name="task22title">RBW</string>
    <string name="task42title">RBW</string>
    <string name="tasknews41title">RBW</string>
    <string name="fb44title">RBW</string>
    <string name="twitter44themetitle">RBW</string>
    <string name="twitter41themetitle">RBW</string>
    <string name="weibo44themetitle">RBW</string>
    <string name="weibo41themetitle">RBW</string>
    <string name="qqweibo44themetitle">RBW</string>
    <string name="qqweibo41themetitle">RBW</string>
    <string name="news3g44themetitle">RBW</string>
    <string name="theme_43_title">RBW</string>
    <string name="theme_22_title">RBW</string>
    <string name="gostore_RBW_theme">RBW</string>
    <string name="bookmark_theme_title">RBW</string>
    <string name="switch_black">RBW</string>
    <string name="note_theme_43_title">RBW</string>
</resources>
Now on to the themes...If you make one, post it here - let's share!
Attached Files
File Type: zip GOWidget_addons_V1.0.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.37 MB, 2860 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jsmccabe78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jsmccabe78 Ad-Free

17th November 2011, 04:08 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Section 3: XDA User Themes
Below is simply some themes and links...enjoy!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jsmccabe78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jsmccabe78 Ad-Free
18th November 2011, 08:06 PM |#3  
Flag Ogden, Utah
Thanks Meter: 776

More
The "News" Widget is released it is a china only news Widget for 3G.cn but maybe someone can translate it and make it something more useful.
The Following User Says Thank You to Link_of_Hyrule For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Link_of_Hyrule Ad-Free
19th November 2011, 02:16 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link_of_Hyrule

The "News" Widget is released it is a china only news Widget for 3G.cn but maybe someone can translate it and make it something more useful.

ahh...got it. thanks!
21st November 2011, 09:26 AM |#5  
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Compilation errors - please help
Good day, I've been trying to get the Widget Template thing working and after a week of trying to sort out these errors I've come to post a query on it. Perhaps one of you professional theme editors can give me a hand. Please.

Here is the screenshot of my CMD window - please shout if you need any other info - this is driving me nuts.

thanks in advance
21st November 2011, 12:43 PM |#6  
Flag New Hartford, NY
Thanks Meter: 561

Donate to Me
More
why is it that i can never load any of the go for android webpages?
21st November 2011, 04:32 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindseed

Good day, I've been trying to get the Widget Template thing working and after a week of trying to sort out these errors I've come to post a query on it. Perhaps one of you professional theme editors can give me a hand. Please.
Here is the screenshot of my CMD window - please shout if you need any other info - this is driving me nuts.
thanks in advance

i am not well versed in all of this. but it seems like your pathways are not all set up. (at work, don't have the word doc with me) - but if i recall, it seems there was a lot of set up in the beginning of the packet and at the end. the most important being the pathway to your java (which is different than previous theme makers). i see two triage ways to handle this
1- start from the beginning and check all pathways (i am sure you have done this...). i will try to pull out every pathway i changed when i get home. maybe tell me what changes you have done and i can double check with what i have done.
2- share your project with me and i can take a look - am happy to do this (once you figure it out, second time is no problem.) share a dropbox? i realize you may want to keep your icons private, but i have no interest in stealing work. or your could replace them with original icons and i'll just look at the pathways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donhu

why is it that i can never load any of the go for android webpages?

sorry, mate, am not really following you. what webpages are you looking at? widgets or links in the OP?
The Following User Says Thank You to jsmccabe78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jsmccabe78 Ad-Free
21st November 2011, 05:26 PM |#8  
Flag New Hartford, NY
Thanks Meter: 561

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmccabe78

sorry, mate, am not really following you. what webpages are you looking at? widgets or links in the OP?

Links to the go pages... ive never been able to load any of them connection times out every time
22nd November 2011, 02:18 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donhu

Links to the go pages... ive never been able to load any of them connection times out every time

oh that...beats me, mate. this thread was really to share how to add in more widgets. i don't know why you can't see there webpages...email the actual go team?
22nd November 2011, 08:29 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2,160

More
Jsm, i love your RBW widget theme! But sadly it doesn't match my ics theme. So can i request an ICS widget theme? I mainly use the switch widget, so that's pretty much all I'm requesting but if you find it a hobby, by all means. It's alright if you can't or your busy, i understand.

Sent from my rockin' Galaxy S 4G using XDA Premium App
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheKucho For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheKucho Ad-Free
22nd November 2011, 09:27 AM |#11  
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmccabe78

i am not well versed in all of this. but it seems like your pathways are not all set up. (at work, don't have the word doc with me) - but if i recall, it seems there was a lot of set up in the beginning of the packet and at the end. the most important being the pathway to your java (which is different than previous theme makers). i see two triage ways to handle this
1- start from the beginning and check all pathways (i am sure you have done this...). i will try to pull out every pathway i changed when i get home. maybe tell me what changes you have done and i can double check with what i have done.
2- share your project with me and i can take a look - am happy to do this (once you figure it out, second time is no problem.) share a dropbox? i realize you may want to keep your icons private, but i have no interest in stealing work. or your could replace them with original icons and i'll just look at the pathways.

Thanks... very much. I may do that. Will go through instructions again to ensure I've followed everything to the T - I may have missed something that's creating these hassles. I did go through each batch command seperately but couldn't really work out why the errors were popping up -though I'm not a cmd.exe professional by any stretch of the imagination dos scares the hell outta me

Thanks for always responding so fast and your willingness to help. It's greatly appreciated. I may send you my source file later. I have no problem with you "stealing" my icons - the thought never even crossed my mind. All my themes are free anyway so no harm done. Maybe one day when South Africa is allowed to sell paid apps I'll be a little more careful thanks again bro.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)