I want to introduce the Sheep ROM. Why? Because I'm not young and I need the money.
The Official Part
Everybody is responsible for his Note. If someone bricks his phone with Software or hints out of this thread, it is not my fault.
At least you should take some precautions:
- Have an EFS Backup available
- Have a CWM Backup available. In case you have to go back suddenly without asking
- Have a Titanium Backup. Maybe you have to wipe during flashing. A CWM Backup won't help you, since it flashes the old firmware. Apps and Settings for the new ROM are saved in a Titanium Backup.
What is the Sheep ROM then?
The Sheep ROM is a custom ROM for the GT-N7000 based on Samsung Stock ROMs with the following features:
- All apps and feature from Samsung are kept.
- (up to 1.2) FM Kernel integrated. The Kernel has CWM 5 and is compatibel to CF Root Kernel (Details: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1342807)
- build.prop Tweaks (smoother, better memory management)
- System Tweaks (better IO performance)
- (Up to 1.2) All OXX and OXA product codes integrated. 64 at the moment
- Bat in %
- CRT Off
- Fully Connect Icons
- (Up to 1.2) CWM flashable
- (From 2.0) Extended Power Menu
Themes and all this stuff was not touched by me. But since the ROM is fully deodexed, it should be a good base doing this. Feel free to create Themes for this ROM or modify it as you like!
Up to V1.2:
Flash it per CWM. I recommend the CWM App from Chainfire:
- Copy the ROM to the internal SD
- Start the CWM Manager
- Chose "Flash Update"
- Select the Sheep ROM
You can flash the ROM also directly from CWM. Reboot into Recovery and select:
- "install ZIP from SD Card"
- "choose ZIP from internal SD Card"
- select the Sheep ROM Zip
V2.x and ongoing are TAR files for Odin. They were mainly created to overcome the root issues of KL7 and later Firmware. The archive contains a Stock kernel in order not to increment the binary counter.
- Download Sheep V2.x and extract the RAR File. You should see one or more TAR files
- Switch off Note and boot into Download Mode
- Start Odin and connect Note to PC
- Add the Sheep TAR Files as PDA, Modem, CSC in Odin (see Odin flash guidelines if you are in doubt)
- Press "Start"
Flashing will take 3 to 4 Minutes in both cases. The first boot will take up to 5 Minutes (it is a deodexed ROM).