FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[How to] Transfer Angry Birds progress from a jailbroken iPhone to a rooted Android

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By fombuena, Junior Member on 19th November 2011, 02:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Some steps may be unnecessary and some could be performed using different tools.

The general idea is that there are two files that need to be copied from your iPhone to your Android phone matching the owner and permission.
The tools you use are up to you and depend on your skills.

If you find ways of achieving this without jailbreaking or rooting your phone please post them. Probably a combination of iTunes backups and Titanium may work.

To follow this guide you will need:

- A jailbroken iPhone.
- A rooted Android phone
- Some knowledge of Unix-like system, access using ssh your phone, permissions, gid:uid owner, etc. It's not rocket science but I'm not going to explain these concepts here.

1. Getting highscores.lua and settings.lua

1.1 Jailbreak your iPhone if you haven't done it yet.
1.2 Download i-Funbox in your computer. If you don't use Windows, you can install Openssh on Cydia and follow this guide accessing your iPhone with a ssh/scp client to copy these files. Files are in /private/var/mobile/Applications/(very long string)/Documents
1.3 Connect your iPhone, open i-Funbox and click User Applications.
1.4 Find Angry Birds folder, go to Documents folder and copy highscores.lua and settings.lua to your computer.

We are done with the iPhone. I'm assuming that in your Android phone you have installed Angry Birds, successfully completed one level at least and closed the app completely.

2. Copying highscores.lua and settings.lua
2.1 Root your Android phone if you haven't done it yet and install SSHDroid from the Android Market.
2.2 Open SSHDroid and wait until it generates the keys.
2.3 Access your phone using a ssh client.
2.4 On Android, highscores.lua and settings.lua are in /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirds/files/
Code:
cd /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirds/files/
2.5 Backup highscores.lua and settings.lua renaming them to highscores.bak and settings.bak
Code:
mv highscores.lua highscores.bak
mv settings.lua settings.bak
2.6 Copy iPhone's highscores.lua and settings.lua to /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirds/files/ (any scp client you know how to use)
2.7 Check the gid:uid owner and permissions of highscores.bak and settings.bak
Code:
ls -l
total 48
-rw-rw----    1 10069    10069           52 Nov 19 13:24 ServerIPsList
-rw-rw----    1 10069    10069           18 Nov 19 13:24 ab9ee6142b1cbf238e7b5f3fde8977d5dd9dfc53
-rw-rw-rw-    1 10069    10069           96 Nov 19 13:24 highscores.bak
-rw-------    1 0        0            15920 Nov 19 13:31 highscores.lua
-rw-rw----    1 10069    10069         7692 Nov 19 13:24 last_response_for_Burstly_Banner_Ad
-rw-rw----    1 10069    10069         2659 Nov 19 13:24 last_response_for_Burstly_Interstitial_Ad
-rw-rw-rw-    1 10069    10069          816 Nov 19 13:24 settings.bak
-rw-------    1 0        0             1888 Nov 19 13:31 settings.lua
2.8 Change owner and permissions accordingly
Code:
chown 10069:10069 highscores.lua settings.lua
chmod =rw,=rw,=rw highscores.lua settings.lua
2.9 Change timestamps
Code:
touch -r highscores.bak highscores.lua
touch -r settings.bak settings.lua
2.10 Verify .bak and .lua files now have same permissions, uid:gid and timestamps
Code:
ls -l
total 48
-rw-rw----    1 10069    10069           52 Nov 19 13:24 ServerIPsList
-rw-rw----    1 10069    10069           18 Nov 19 13:24 ab9ee6142b1cbf238e7b5f3fde8977d5dd9dfc53
-rw-rw-rw-    1 10069    10069           96 Nov 19 13:24 highscores.bak
-rw-rw-rw-    1 10069    10069        15920 Nov 19 13:24 highscores.lua
-rw-rw----    1 10069    10069         7692 Nov 19 13:24 last_response_for_Burstly_Banner_Ad
-rw-rw----    1 10069    10069         2659 Nov 19 13:24 last_response_for_Burstly_Interstitial_Ad
-rw-rw-rw-    1 10069    10069          816 Nov 19 13:24 settings.bak
-rw-rw-rw-    1 10069    10069         1888 Nov 19 13:24 settings.lua
14. Open Angry Birds and enjoy.

I'm so busy at the moment and I can't create a step by step guide including jailbreak, rooting or applications to access both iPhone and Android. If anybody is interested in doing it, please feel free to do so. Not given credit is necessary.

I hope this usefu!
The Following User Says Thank You to fombuena For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fombuena Ad-Free

19th November 2011, 04:15 PM |#2  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 354

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fombuena

If you find ways of achieving this without jailbreaking or rooting your phone please post them. Probably a combination of iTunes backups and Titanium may work.

It's not possible without a root, because application data is private to it. Titanium also requires root to do backups.
1st December 2011, 02:21 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
YOU ARE A GOD! Thank you so much for this! I've put a ridiculous amount of time into all 3 games on my iPod touch. Since getting an Android tablet a number of months ago, I've quit playing the games because I like it so much better on the tablet screen, but I really didn't want to play through all of them 3 starring everything again. I suppose I'm a bit OCD about it. :) Rovio has been hinting at some sort of cross platform sync for the games since last spring, but the feature still hasn't shown up yet. My guess is that whatever the cause of the delay is, they will probably just introduce it with the inevitable Angry Birds 2 instead.

Anyway, I've been looking around for months trying to find a way to edit the Android score files or something to get the scores matching those on my iPod. I know there's tons of unlocking apps, but I didn't want to just unlock the levels. I wanted a way to move my stuff from the iPod to my tablet, and retire my Apple device!

As of last night, I found this thread. Instructions were simple enough and it worked like a charm! Thank you again so much for this information! My 3 year old loves playing it on the tablet as well, but he gets frustrated because I hadn't unlocked many levels. Thanks again!!

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut.all

It's not possible without a root, because application data is private to it. Titanium also requires root to do backups.

Root is definitely necessary for the Android side, but for the IOS side, there are a number of apps that can extract and browse files from an iTunes backup. My iPod was already jailbroken so I used the SSH procedure, but I don't think there's any reason why you couldn't use one of those apps to pull the LUA files out of the iTunes backup. Assuming that works, that would mitigate the need to jailbreak your IOS device.

You might be able to get around the Android root by using one of the Angry Birds backup utilities on the market, if there's a way to replace the LUA files in a backup from one of those apps. Some of those Angry Birds backup apps don't require root. The only problem is that you would need some way of viewing the time stamp and owner permissions of the current LUA files for the game. I'm not sure if there's any way to view that information without root. Can you view the entire file system (not edit) without root access?
2nd December 2011, 09:50 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Cool
Hardest part is getting the files of the iphone.

Getting them on the android device is easy if you have a dropbox account. Rooted phone or tablet is not necessary, works with both.

There is a utility on the android market which allows backup to the device or to your dropbox account. Play all three games once on your android device, backup to dropbox and let it sync back to your pc.

Rename the files you got from the iphone to match those from your android device or in my case the ipod touch and overwrite the files in your dropbox. Let dropbox sync back with the cloud and then run the utility on the android device and this time restore.

Your in game scores, settings etc will be exactly as your apple device.

Simples
7th December 2011, 04:45 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by backlund

As of last night, I found this thread. Instructions were simple enough and it worked like a charm! Thank you again so much for this information! My 3 year old loves playing it on the tablet as well, but he gets frustrated because I hadn't unlocked many levels. Thanks again!![COLOR="Silver"]

I'm so glad it was helpful and it worked for you. I wasn't sure if it was going to be of any use but decided it was worth to put it on writing.

I see there are more ways of doing this as I suspected. I hope people add info here or in any other posts so someone dealing with it can find more options.
10th October 2014, 03:11 AM |#6  

More
transfer angry birds progress
I like this post. It meets my need.
8th November 2014, 06:01 PM |#7  
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Thanks Meter: 232

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut.all

jailbreak is not needed.
13th October 2015, 03:51 PM |#8  
Flag Gujrat

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrywhite928

I like this post. It meets my need.

I like it thanks
17th November 2015, 10:04 AM |#9  

More
Wow, brilliant solution. Only work for jailbroken iPhone? i usually use this app to transfer data from iPhone to Android. Although it costs a few bucks, it's more efficient to do with an automated solution instead of hands.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)