FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] - HomeCatcher redirect n button to standard launchers

245 posts
Thanks Meter: 822

By gojimi, Retired Recognized Developer on 21st November 2011, 10:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I wanted to post this up here as some of you may not follow over in the DEV section.

OK, Based on feedback here sounds like this is working properly. I have uploaded a new version 2.1 this is mostly just code clean up on my end as well as a better icon etc. Sideload it, also make sure you have an Alternative Launcher installed ie. ADW, Launcher Pro, VTL.Launcher. When you hit the n button depending on your setup first push brings up little nook menu second push it should make it act like a normal home button. Some setups may operate differently. Just uninstall the app to return n button to normal nook operation.

Please Provide Feedback..... Constructive Feedback Please (ie. Logs, errors, etc.) in the DEV POST http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1356206 all other feedback ie "thanks! or awesome!" post in this thread.

********** ROM Devs can feel free to INCLUDE it in any work no prior permission required. *********************

http://vegantab.gojimi.com/download/HomeCatcher2_1.apk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gojimi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gojimi Ad-Free

21st November 2011, 11:23 PM |#2  
Flag SouthEast USA
Thanks Meter: 1,839

Donate to Me
More
W00t

Sent from my Samsung Legendary 4G, a Universe UTES phone, running "two.three.five"
21st November 2011, 11:58 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Works Great...Icon Size Change
This works great...the Go Launcher icons are a bit small. Any ideas if they can be changed? Also I want to create a folder but the application won't let me on the Tablet like it does my Android phone...
17th January 2012, 05:02 PM |#4  

More
THANK YOU!
Wow, I was about to return my NT. I thought it had somehow managed to download the 1.4.1 update again even though I had OTA updates blocked. This got me back to my home screen but I am still unable to add folder widgets & I lose the other widgets as soon as I reboot my NT.
Will keep looking for a solution.
20th January 2012, 05:00 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
can someone provide clearer instructions? I want to have the first push bring me back to the home screen, push twice to bring up that B&N menu
11th April 2012, 06:02 AM |#6  

More
how to install
So I guess I am an idiot.

I have the nt hidden settings app installed on my rooted 8g nt. When I click the "unknown sources hack" not much seems to happen short of it saying I have root permissions.

But, how do I actually install this apk? I have it downloaded, and could install it from the sdcard if there was a way to do that, but I can't figure that out.

When I view this thread on the device, the links are not actual links, just text. So, I really am unsure what to do.

Go Launcher is working great, I just want to be able to go to it when pressing the N button.

Thanks.
14th June 2012, 05:24 PM |#7  

More
Redirect other buttons
Would it be possible to have an option to redirect other buttons, such as the browser and shop buttons? I use Firefox as my browser and Play for apps, so it would be nice to make use of the nook button menu.
2nd February 2013, 12:32 PM |#8  
Flag Darmstadt, Salsichenland
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
Question Same old story..can't use Homecatcher to catch the N button clicks....
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexaguin

Would it be possible to have an option to redirect other buttons, such as the browser and shop buttons? I use Firefox as my browser and Play for apps, so it would be nice to make use of the nook button menu.

My kid must have done something...last month I was able to get it back right (Homecatcher successfully catching the clicks and redirecting to Go Launcher)...

This time, I can't make it work anyway....I have downloaded the Homecatcher apk and have installed it several times. Clicking the button brings me back to the default Nook Tablet Home screen....urggg!!

have also uninstalled Go Launcher and re-installed and have set it as the default launcher....whenever I reboot the Nook, Go Launcher starts up as expected...but as soon as I press the N button twice....I'm back into the Nook Home screen and then there's no way to go back to my default Go Launcher desktop...unless I reboot...

Is there anything that I can do to make it work again? Many thanks...

Gizmo

PS: I have a rooted 1.4.1 Nook Tablet and it has been fine like this ever since I bought it Nov 2012...after 1,5 years of usage..it happened...oh dear....
27th August 2014, 04:01 AM |#9  

More
the download link leads to
The download link leads to gobbledygook please fix I like this apk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)