1) Added automatic fixing of devicemanager.apk sql databases to prevent OTA root (thanks for the SQL tweak suggestions, Indirect)
2) Added otaban.sh script for those who are already rooted and just want to tweak the sql databases (you will need to put your device back in USB debug mode)
3) Added getroot.sh to just dump the nook back in to rooted/adb mode
(Please follow these to the letter; over 500 people have downloaded this script and very few have reported issues)
On the NOOK
Disconnect from USB
Factory restore & initial setup
Browse to this:
Click on notifications center, wait for the file to finish downloading.
Press on downloaded go_launcher_ex_v2.66.apk file
Select Complete action using package installer
It should say "install blocked"
Tick unknown sources (press ok)
Tick USB debugging (press ok)
Tick the other USB debugging further down
Connect the Nook to the MAC. On the nook you should see "USB debugging connected" in notifications center
On the MAC
Download the nooktablet-mac-root-0.6.zip file from http://goo.gl/qyYDB
Open Terminal, and change in to the directory where the zip file was downloaded. Unzip and cd in to the directory created. EG:
cd ~/Downloads unzip nooktablet-mac-root-0.6.zip cd nooktablet-mac-root-0.6
When the script is finished, it should say "Done. Unplug from USB now"
The Nook will reboot.
You are now rooted and the following is auto-installed for you
1) Go Launcher Ex (Rooted App Launch/Desktop)
2) Market Place (The Android "App Store")
3) Button Savior (adds tiny button on right of screen for nagivation home/back etc)
4) Home Catcher (makes 2 clicks of the Nook N bring up the new Launcher)
5) Nook Color App Menu (allows you to install sideloaded apps to the Nook home screen/Library)
6) Dolphin HD Browser (Replacement web browser)
In addition, some tweaks have been made to prevent OTA updates from working, preserving your root state.