FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[NIGHTLY][Full HWA] CyanogenMod 9 [4.0.4][Kernel: cmhtcleo/tytung]

43 posts
Thanks Meter: 373

By cmhtcleo, Member on 25th November 2011, 02:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

Welcome to the unofficial CyanogenMod 9 nightlies

The releases will co-inside and the build start time is at 00:01 UTC, and by 01:00 the builds should be uploaded. If at anytime the builds are not there, then there was a problem building the ROM, and we will have a look at it ASAP

These builds are compiled from the latest CyanogenMod repos and device repos on device and vendor files.

Furthermore these builds are multiDPI, i.e. you can run the rom at any dpi between 160 and 240 while having hi-res assets. Also Phone.apk won't crash anymore if a DPI < 190 is set.

kernel/ramdisk packaged boot.img style
if you are on magldr see second post for instructions

Quote:

System partition size currently required:
Without Gapps 155MB
With Gapps light 190MB
With Gapps standard 195MB

Quote:

Quote:

Download nightly builds here

or via GooManager

Quote:

Google apps
Latest Gapps LIGHT (2012-03-17) for ICS
(picoTTS folder removed to save some diskspace - can be downloaded to SD later if needed)

Quote:

Changelogs

Quote:

Tip: If you want to have your softbuttons and/or density settings persist over updates and don't want to edit build.prop with every update, use local.prop.
create a file named local.prop in your /data root (i.e. /data/local.prop) with the following contents (for example):

Code:
qemu.sf.lcd_density=160    # overrides ro.sf.lcd_density in build.prop
qemu.hw.mainkeys=0    # activates the softbuttons

Quote:

Thanks/Credits

• arif-ali - for his huge contribution to the cmhtcleo project and beeing a indispensable part of the Android community
  • securecrt and Rick1995 - for their awesome work on a full HWA kernel and other great contibutions to the Leo codebase
  • copenhagen - for support with CM7 and now with ICS/CM9
  • warrenb213 - for support with CM7 and now with ICS/CM9
  • charnsingh_online - For starting this great project for porting to CM
  • tytung - Continued dedication of his work to the HD2 Thanks for you kernels
  • texasice - For creating the first HD2 compitable ICS through passion/bravo
  • ankuch - thanks for the HW accel, codecs and Camera
  • zivan56 - your input for the headphone fix
  • Bexton - The fix for USB Mass Storage
  • michie - Your work on ICS for the HD2
  • cyanogen - For starting this great project
  • Google - This wouldn't have happened without the releases of Android from you

Quote:

IRC channel

Visit us in #cmhtcleo on freenode
Webchat

Quote:

Quote:

---------- brought to you by the cmhtcleo team ----------
arif-ali | milaq | zeusk

The Following 132 Users Say Thank You to cmhtcleo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmhtcleo Ad-Free

25th November 2011, 02:43 AM |#2  
OP Member
XDA

More
Drive MAGLDR instructions
Although we have an unified updater-script for both cLK and MAGLDR you need to take care that your MAGLDR partitioning is correct.

We are using boot.img style kernel/ramdisk (as everyone else should be).
For MAGLDR users that means that you need to specify your boot partition as rboot.

The following flash.cfg is recommended (system size can vary)

Code:
misc ya 1M
recovery rrecov|ro|nospr filesize recovery-raw.img
boot rboot|ro 5M
system ya 190M
cache ya 2M
userdata ya|asize|hr allsize
Instead, you can also download this package:
http://milaq.exnet.me/downloads/andr...r_part_cm9.zip

Extract and run DAF to flash the layout above
The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to cmhtcleo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmhtcleo Ad-Free
25th November 2011, 02:43 AM |#3  
OP Member
XDA

More
Prompt Building from source
I thought it would be a good idea that I just give a quick run through on how this is compiled.

First we need a Linux environment, preferably Ubuntu >= 12.04 or a recent Debian

Follow the simple Howto here, to just get an idea of the pre-requisites

To initialize the common cyanogenmod repos, run the following command
Code:
repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b ics
then to get device specific repos for the HD2 you need to pull in a local manifest.
you can use this one
Code:
curl https://raw.github.com/milaq/android/ics/local_manifest_htc_leo.xml > .repo/local_manifest.xml
(you can of course tailor your own too)

then you need to sync the repositories
Code:
repo sync

You can also run repo sync -j 4, say if you had 4 cores to speed things up, you may also need to add a -f, to make sure that it continues to the end even if you get any error messages. You may need to repeat this process 2 or 3 times to make sure everything is synced. This will take a long time to synchronise, so be patient.

next run the following command to gets some prebuilt apks (doesn't need to be done with every build)
Code:
vendor/cm/get-prebuilts
so after this, you need to run the following commands

Code:
. build/envsetup
lunch cm_leo-userdebug
make -j4 bacon
This has changed from lunch cyanogen_leo-eng to lunch cm_leo-userdebug, this is the new method from CyanogenMod team for CM9

In the end you will get a zip file in out/target/product/leo/full_leo-ota-eng.root.zip.
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to cmhtcleo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmhtcleo Ad-Free
25th November 2011, 02:44 AM |#4  
OP Member
XDA

More
4th Post if required
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to cmhtcleo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmhtcleo Ad-Free
25th November 2011, 03:23 AM |#5  
Flag Beograd
Thanks Meter: 67

More
headphone jack is fixed...you can find solution on tytung ics thread...and hw acceleration is being worked on by dan1j3l....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kikisp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kikisp Ad-Free
25th November 2011, 09:30 AM |#6  
OP Member
XDA

More
Hey all,

The link is up.

At the moment, this CWM size supported with cLK, unless you know how to get it working with MAGLDR, then you're free to convert it, and pass it back.

The GAPPS as mentioned on the Nexus One thread is also in the first post

This is still alpha in my opinion at the moment, so some things may still not work as other ICS ROMs

CM code, apps etc... are still not there, and will come, when they add it, and once some the stuff in the "Not Working" are working, will start doing a nightly release

Any suggestions, additions etc.. etc.. aare all welcome. Thanks for the whole community for making this possible

Good luck testing
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cmhtcleo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmhtcleo Ad-Free
25th November 2011, 10:03 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
damn this is so nice! im about to backup now and then flash it. ill report later what kind of bugs i can found and what is working.

THX FOR THE HARD WORK! LOVE THE HOLE XDA, CYANOGEN, ANDROID COMMUNITY!

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

well, got it flashed and jsut started. First thing that come up was an error massage:

unfortunatly, Nfc Service has stopped.

Can only press OK

After i pressed OK, the same massage in an outher languegae pop up and i cant get it away...

No way get around that now...

Ah and my screen just went black and i only can reactivate it with the BACK button.

My System is: HTC HD2 EU, CLK, 200/44, Fresh wipe, Fresh SD Format, Fresh install
25th November 2011, 01:09 PM |#8  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 972

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmbhneo

damn this is so nice! im about to backup now and then flash it. ill report later what kind of bugs i can found and what is working.

THX FOR THE HARD WORK! LOVE THE HOLE XDA, CYANOGEN, ANDROID COMMUNITY!

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

well, got it flashed and jsut started. First thing that come up was an error massage:

unfortunatly, Nfc Service has stopped.

Can only press OK

After i pressed OK, the same massage in an outher languegae pop up and i cant get it away...

No way get around that now...

Ah and my screen just went black and i only can reactivate it with the BACK button.

My System is: HTC HD2 EU, CLK, 200/44, Fresh wipe, Fresh SD Format, Fresh install

To fix that open the gapps zip with 7zip and go to app folder and double tap the nfc.google.apk and go in the lib folder and take the nfc_jni.so and put it in the lib folder than reflash. when flashing addon to system app files has to have a lib file in the lib folder or there will be fcs.
25th November 2011, 02:42 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Hi,how can i port this on MAGLDR?
25th November 2011, 02:44 PM |#10  
Flag Beograd
Thanks Meter: 67

More
this is post about headphone fix...
Headphones working

diff from http://gitorious.org/~tytung/linux-o...x_on_wince_htc

Still needs work to display icon, but works fine at least in terms of basic playback functionality.

I grabbed the config file from /proc/config.gz from beta 2.

EDIT: if anybody wants to try it (no responbility if it breaks your phone and I have done ZERO testing apart from headphones): http://www.fileserve.com/file/V2tN9E...adphonefix.zip
Install over beta 2 using CWM for Magldr (install zip option).
ofcourse credits to zivan56
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kikisp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kikisp Ad-Free
25th November 2011, 03:02 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhtcleo

Hey all,

The link is up.

At the moment, this CWM size supported with cLK, unless you know how to get it working with MAGLDR, then you're free to convert it, and pass it back.

The GAPPS as mentioned on the Nexus One thread is also in the first post

This is still alpha in my opinion at the moment, so some things may still not work as other ICS ROMs

CM code, apps etc... are still not there, and will come, when they add it, and once some the stuff in the "Not Working" are working, will start doing a nightly release

Any suggestions, additions etc.. etc.. aare all welcome. Thanks for the whole community for making this possible

Good luck testing

mmmm is it possable to add the long push back to "close" app in ICS?
this function is why I use CM7 and the cpu tweak
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, cm9, cyanogenmod, htcleo, ics

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)