I found your post most useful for setting up Apple iCloud email on my Galaxy S3. The incoming mail set up worked first time and seemed to sync perfectly with iCloud. However, the settings for outgoing mail gave me an error "server not available" when I tried to send an email. I tried various permutations of the outgoing settings but all gave the same error. When I set up the outgoing as per your post it seems to accept the parameters OK - i.e. no error is generated at set up.
Can you help?
[QUOTE=Frostacious;19678385]I had been having alot of problems setting up a syncing method with my Mac email address with my Android. I have spent a long time searching online for ways to sync.
Anyways, I figured it out myself and this is what I did in order to get everything to sync to me android.
1. Open @email app on phone
2. press menu > + Add Account
3. Type in your email, " email@example.com
", and password
4. Click Manual Setup > Click IMAP account
5. type exactly in IMAP, " p08-imap.mail.me.com "
6. Security type " SSL " > Click next
7. type exactly in SMTP, " smtp.me.com " > Security type "none" > Click next
Done! And here are some screen shots below. Well hope this helps someone out there. +1 if it helped you. This process should also work if you have a @mac.com just change the imap p08-imap.mail.mac.com and smtp.mac.com