FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Motorola RAZR screen issues w/ pic

115 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By el_dc5, Senior Member on 25th November 2011, 09:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
how can this acceptable for production. $20 pre paid phones dont have this crap on the screen

not happy at all

both mine and my dad have **** on the screen

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RAZR screen.jpg
Views:	8749
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	795460  

26th November 2011, 02:00 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Why have my pictures been edited?
26th November 2011, 05:27 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Thumbs down
why don't you post some pictures of the screen displaying an actual image. You've fallen prey to the age old wives-tale of screens having issues because they look odd when they are not displaying an image...
26th November 2011, 07:54 AM |#4  
Flag Shanklin
Thanks Meter: 432

More
My second RAZR had the black blotches when viewing anything dark in a low lit room. It has now been sent back and need to decide if I'm risking another. No matter what the screen should not have any **** on it full stop, not on a high end handset like this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
26th November 2011, 07:59 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 316

More
All RAZRs have this. It's only visible in extremely dark lighting and extremely dark content displaying - E.G. you-won't-notice-it-unless-you're-looking-for-it-and-it-makes-no-difference-anyway.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to [TSON] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [TSON] Ad-Free
26th November 2011, 08:13 AM |#6  
Flag Shanklin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [TSON]

All RAZRs have this. It's only visible in extremely dark lighting and extremely dark content displaying - E.G. you-won't-notice-it-unless-you're-looking-for-it-and-it-makes-no-difference-anyway.

Well I noticed it when taking a picture outside and also when watching a movie and believe me even Stevie Wonder would have noticed them so forgive me but your "you won't even notice it unless your looking for it, makes no difference anyway" is a crock of shite.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ianford10 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ianford10 Ad-Free
26th November 2011, 08:33 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
no that what i see when im watching a movie and a dark part of the movie plays... this is not acceptable for a phone of this caliber....
26th November 2011, 08:57 AM |#8  
Flag Shanklin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_dc5

no that what i see when im watching a movie and a dark part of the movie plays... this is not acceptable for a phone of this caliber....

Quite simply its defective and needs to be replaced.

26th November 2011, 04:00 PM |#9  
Flag Little Rock, AR
Thanks Meter: 101

More
exif data is ripped out of this pic, but the original shows a Nikon D200 and:

It's a 15+ second long exposure IIRC.

That long open shutter is going to make it more dramatic looking. I'm sure that people looking at this pic think that is exactly what they will see in real life. Nope.

Here's a version with exif intact:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/s...47059/Razr.jpg

yup, a 15 second exposure:

Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D200
Image Date: 2011-11-25 01:24:29 (no TZ)
Focal Length: 32.0mm (35mm equivalent: 48mm)
Aperture: f/2.8
Exposure Time: 15.000 s
ISO equiv: 100
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No
Orientation: Normal
Color Space: sRGB
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Software: Nikon Capture Editor 4.4.0 W
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to syntrix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift syntrix Ad-Free
26th November 2011, 04:04 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
This is the same crap that people freak out about (and post the same exagerated photos) in the LCD computer monitor forums/threads. It's all a bunch of crap. Turn your screen on and get over it.
26th November 2011, 04:27 PM |#11  
Flag Shanklin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmcd72

This is the same crap that people freak out about (and post the same exagerated photos) in the LCD computer monitor forums/threads. It's all a bunch of crap. Turn your screen on and get over it.

It is not exaggerated if the owner of the handset can notice the blotches doing things like taking a photo or watching a video or anything that has a black background in low level lighting. In the UK the RAZR costs £450 and for that money I want a screen that's perfect and not full of blotches. Simple really

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
razr, screen

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)