CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
****THIS IS A TESTING PHASE ROM THERE WILL BE ISSUES.****
This is an alpha release, but you should find it stable for everyday use.
- Small Audio issues
- Camera Preview glitches when switching from camcorder to camera.
Fixed in #2:
- ADB in windows
- Gallery Rotation
- Various small graphics issues.
- In call audio bug may still exist. I can not reproduce it, but the people who can say its triggered by a reboot.
-- also noted a wipe of data and cache may bring it back also.
- First time flashing CM 7 to your Galaxy S2 (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
4. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Apps
Self-Kang #2md5sum 2fe5b1e0795c473c9a9f4d80f4c2ff3dGAPPS:
FOR Real time discussion of the ROM and bugs etc, please join #cyanogenmod or #slayher on irc.freenode.net
This will be the best place for information gathering.
Thank you for stopping by! AND Please keep the thread on track/topic discussing the bugs and testing of the Release.</std_disclaimer.h>