How To: Add Sideloaded, Market, or Amazon apps to stock Nook launcher & App Library

67 posts
Thanks Meter: 47

By Zathu, Member on 28th November 2011, 04:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
If anyone else is looking for an easy way to add a few extra Android apps to the home screen without replacing the B&N launcher, I found that this old app designed for the Nook Color works great on my rooted Nook Tablet. It adds an app to the stock Nook launcher that allows you to browse all apps on the device. Once a sideloaded application is "added to apps", it can be pinned to the launcher panels and added to shelves like B&N market apps.

"Nook Color App Manager - This app adds itself to the Apps section and provides a way to browse the sideloaded apps without the need for a separate launcher."
https://market.android.com/details?i...loadapps&hl=en
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zathu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zathu Ad-Free
28th November 2011, 06:10 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Thank you for sharing this.
28th November 2011, 06:48 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
This is awesome. It really works. Now if some could figure out how to keep the back button on permanently on the status bar.
28th November 2011, 07:13 PM |#4  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Someone posted to swipe right to left on status to go back when the back indicator isnt there.
28th November 2011, 07:58 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverenddak

This is awesome. It really works. Now if some could figure out how to keep the back button on permanently on the status bar.

Does this work? https://market.android.com/details?i...U29mdEtleXMiXQ..

It allows you to put the soft keys on the status bar. Haven't tried it yet...at work.

Root is needed.
28th November 2011, 09:56 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathu

If anyone else is looking for an easy way to add a few extra Android apps to the home screen without replacing the B&N launcher, I found that this old app designed for the Nook Color works great on my rooted Nook Tablet. It adds an app to the stock Nook launcher that allows you to browse all apps on the device. Once a sideloaded application is "added to apps", it can be pinned to the launcher panels and added to shelves like B&N market apps.

"Nook Color App Manager - This app adds itself to the Apps section and provides a way to browse the sideloaded apps without the need for a separate launcher."

Can you or someone please post the apk file for the "Nook Color App Manager" or a way to get it? Mine is not rooted and I do not have another Android device at this time, but I would like to add the application. Thank you very much for the information.
28th November 2011, 10:13 PM |#7  
Flag Dallas, Texas
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Does the Nook have to be rooted for this to work?
29th November 2011, 01:02 AM |#8  
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 23

More
No, root not needed.

Here's a d/l link to App Manager from my Dropbox account.

Enjoy.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverenddak

Download Button Savior from the market - it provides a pop-out menu on the side of the screen that gives various commands, including back function.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FloridaPhil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FloridaPhil Ad-Free
29th November 2011, 01:23 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks for the apk!!
5th December 2011, 11:58 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qngds

Someone posted to swipe right to left on status to go back when the back indicator isnt there.

CONFIRMED, when the Back button isn't there, a swipe from right to left on the status totally works. Now I don't need Button Savior anymore, so I removed it. I use Go Launcher EX as a kind of "Control Panel" for the Android OS and the stock NT Home Launcher with this AppManager for general use.

I love my NT.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reverenddak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift reverenddak Ad-Free
6th December 2011, 06:48 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I also installed App Manager 1.4. The one problem I notice is that if you go to My Library and then Apps, the apps are there but some the apps I installed off Amazon App Store or manually do not launch. When I tap an App like the Amazon Apps Store, it just brings up an Overview Screen. Any idea how to fix this?

The Apps launch fine from the BN home screen, but not from the BN Library / Apps Screen.

Examples of Apps not launching are Amazon Kindle, Aldiiko, Overdrive Media, Opera Mobile, Dolphin Browser HD, and AndroXplorer.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)