- update to gralloc/hwcomposer (slightly smoother)
- enable singlepdp ril feature. (should allow easier apn switching)
- omx libs included. native hw assisted video not complete in framework (although youtube hq now utilizes the adsp heap, so that progress)
- wifi: eap pwd support
- mms: misc updates
- kernel rebuild with xz compressed, genlock update
- much better multitouch experience (theomy)
- camera preview works (kushdeck) barcode scanning (tested w/ google goggles) (panorama, video have issues, also there is a memory leak, leaving the camera app open for 2+min will cause OOM to kill the system server possible causing a reboot)
- Nothing major, but many small changes/optimizations
- youtube standard def clips shouldnt stutter (color banding still happens)
- evtoolbox: statusbar icons: battery % mod from mongoosehelix
- standalone powerwidgets from preludedrew
We will be using goo-inside.me for hosting from now on.
- Phone should not lockup anymore when rotating display. Landscape mode is still strange, status bar is rendered halfway off screen...but only when rotating right...going left its fine.
- Moved to cayniarbs stock(ish) kernel with my kgsl commits and ksm/zram backported from 3.0
- EVtoolbox: new menu 'performance' control zram(aka compcache) and ksm, both disabled by default. ksm will reduce memory overhead by 10-15mb with minimal cpu usage (0-1%). ive read that ksm likes to have swap (10% zram should be enough) but youll have to experiment and see. also added 'processor' menu (also from cm) to view/control cpu stats.
- Apps2sd: support moving /data/data, (run 'a2sd install' again and choose y when asked about appdata) im still wary of how to handle wipes when appdata2sd is active. so ive added two functions to a2sd: 'nodatasd' which removes appdata2sd flag and optionally removes the appdata from sdcard and 'nosysdata' which removes only the system appdata (ie anything starting with com.android) from the sdcard
- Browser: i revised hwcomposer. redering is faster < 1 to 2 secs max under heavy scrolling
- Camera preview is still broke.
Devhost was broke while i was uploading this so everything is just up on the mirror site.
- Rebooting issues should be resovled
- Added /system/etc/sysctl.conf to set various vm values. Feel free to modify to your liking
Fastboot imgs: http://dev-host.org/SS3
Flashable zip: http://dev-host.org/Lsh
- kernel update: 32bit color (fixes gradient backgrounds)
- hwcomposer: rewrote from scratch for qsd8k. (main fix is screen off animation)
- statusbar: new toolbox, settings button back to opening settings (swipe to change screens). notifications back to stock behavior. toolbox can even be turned off in evtoolbox
- browser: slowed rendering, (fuzzy text takes a few seconds to clear up) is much faster now. (1-2 sec instead of 4-5)
- reboots: check here for initial workaround
- removed omx libs due to build error (just use the ones from p8 if you really want them)
- rotation still broke, seems to lockup the most on the home screen.
kgsl kgsl-3d0: |kgsl_mh_intrcallback| axi write error interrupt
- and everything else that was broke in p8
- updated bug list thanks mrhohoha
Gapps not included:
Flashable zip: http://dev-host.org/zCx
Fastboot imgs: http://dev-host.org/KfW
Going forward with release. Nothing major changed since pre-p8. Still same major issues as outlined >here<
. But its working good enough mainly releasing for those itching to try out chrome beta.
- Massive kernel upgrade: misc wifi updates, fix ext 2/3 mountisg issues, add in call recording feature, updated kgsl (3d driver) to version 3.3 (cherry-picked partial upgrade to 3.7), other misc updates required for new kgsl driver. source is temporarily at https://github.com/drewis/tiamat-kernel/tree/wip9
- Rom: now build with proper ICS OPENGL support (ie 100% hardware accelerated)(well more like 80-90% for now). I still have several issues to sort before hwa is working properly but this is a great start (imo). Screen off animation not working due to hwcomposer issue.
- This build is much less stable than p7 (or lower) but faster
- You must turn off auto rotate in Display Settings or you will experience lockups that require a battery pull. (i know whats causing it but it will be a fairly difficult fix)
- kernel build #119 which means i build the kernel 119 times to get this far, and that number is much much lower than the actual number of times i built the kernel before i got it booting and (mostly) working. Just something to think about, in terms of how much work it took to get this far
- camera preview dont work but still takes pictures. also does not include rapmv78 newest fixes for panorama and barcode (didn't seem necessary to include them sinc camera preview doesnt work)
Gapps need to be flashed separetly.
flashable zip: http://dev-host.org/VMr
- camera libs now built from source.
- fix the tiny mms pics for t-mobile.
- removed prebuilt omx libs so hw video decoding wont work anymore. (these will be added later when we merge the source from cafs)
- updated gapps: paid apps should work now
- autobrightness should be working better
Evervolv-Perdo-2.1.0p7-passion.zip - 126.0 MB
Evervolv-Perdo-2.1.0p7-passion.tar.bz2 - 124.8 MB
- lockscreen: can choose whatever you want for the actions in evtoolbox (i'll fix up the "waves" for next time)
- evtoolbox: lockscreen stuff - new submenu: interface with tbwake toggle (this was a fucing bitch to make work), vol wake, vol music contols moved here. - sixbar signal toggle in statusbar menu
- camera: newer libs from rapmv78 for video
- a2sd: added 'checkext' to fix errors on sd-ext partition (you dont need to run this...its already being done on every boot)
- kernel: revert to p4 version
flashable zip:Evervolv-Perdo-2.1.0p6-passion.zip - 125.3 MB
fastboot images: Evervolv-Perdo-2.1.0p6-passion.tar.bz2 - 124.0 MB
calendar fix http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1606
whats new in p5 wipe recommended
- notification toolbox: tap settings icon to switch between, long press to open settings
- lockscreen: volumebutton music control
- lockscreen: nullpointerexception soft reboot issue resolved
- kernel: rebuild based on latest from tiamat
- 6barsignal: new drawables
- camera: rapmv78 libs
- launcher2: a couple options like hide search bar (there are a few options in the launcher settings that dont do anything yet, the only working opiton is hide search bar)
- UMS: should properly detect plug/unplug events now (this is where the wipe is recommended if its not working for you, its cause the old not working settings are saved)
- misc: new bootanimation from Bexton
- latinime: more dictionaries
- apps2sd: rewrote for more awesomeness see: ->here<-
flashable zip: Evervolv-Perdo-2.1.0p5-passion.zip - 128.4 MB
fastboot images: Evervolv-Perdo-2.1.0p5-passion.tar.bz2 - 127.4 MB
whats new in p4
- 6bar signal strength icons
- Lockscreen: bring back tab and rotary style, defalut 3way ics style can now choose what app you want. all options in EVToolbox (all thanks to preludedrew...i did pretty much nothing lol)
- Rebuilt kernel: still based on Evervolv/tiamat-kernel 8x50 branch
- cyan trackball notifications (samuaz)
- facebook sync in contacts
About the power button and reboots: i have been unable to reproduce it so i dont know whats causing it
And i think thats it enjoy your new year.
Fastboot img's: Evervolv-Perdo-2.1.0p4-passion.tar.bz2 - 123.7 MB
Flashable zip: Evervolv-Perdo-2.1.0p4-passion.zip - 124.3 MB
Whats new in p3
Phone: can now disable voicemail notifications (added as many translations as i could so if i missed you let me know)
Lockscreen: experimental new 3way style (silent toggle / unlock / open messaging app)
(will eventually let user choose between lockscreens) (feedback please)
Mobile Network: auto connect fixed? (thanks samuaz) (please report)
New kernel based on tiamat 8x50 184.108.40.206 w/ smartass gov (please report all problems / fixes)
Note: new kernel does not bring hw accel (everything should be mostly the same as the pershoots one)
Apps2sd: modded scripts.
now has dalvik-cache to sd. just run 'a2sd install' again to activate
swap support (if you have a swap partiton on your sdcard)
new help menu run 'a2sd' without arguments to see
Note: all apps2sd info is logged in logcat. Its at the very beginning under the evervolv banner.
USB: native usb mass storage - almost but not working yet (but we're closer)
Note: even though it doest work we now have some annoying usb and adb icons persistent in status bar. sorry i tried to rush the usb fix into this build and didnt feel like taking it out after it didnt work. (we're gonna start porting new usb gadget eventually to fix this)
Fastboot img's: Evervolv-Perdo-2.1.0p3-passion.tar.bz2 - 124.5 MB
Flashable zip: Evervolv-Perdo-2.1.0p3-passion.zip - 124.9 MB
Rebuild of Evervolv-Perdo-2.1.0p2-passion
Modded a2sd. Doesn't auto install anymore. Run 'a2sd install' (only need to one time. after that wipes (thats fastboot wipes) won't affect it. it just needs to set a flag on /sd-ext)
Trackball wake (yes you heard me (well read me)) Trackball wake
Full version for custom BLACKROSE only: (eng build)
Img's for fastboot (w/ Gapps): Evervolv-Perdo-2.1.0p2-passion-tbwake.tar.bz2 - 123.9 MB
Flashable zip: Evervolv-Perdo-2.1.0p2-passion-tbwake.zip - 124.1 MB
Included my homebrew a2sd that just sets /sd-ext/app and app-private on the first boot (assuming you wiped with fastboot (actually i think it works without wiping as well but untested)) all the apps already on /sd-ext will then show up without further involvement. (if you wiped with recovery it probably removed the apps on /sd-ext. You can prevent this by going to advanced and only wiping cache and userdata.)
If you dont want that. remove /system/etc/init.d/05mountext and 10apps2sd then flash dark tremors.
Google TTS should now work (was missing a library)
SuperUser should be working.
Removed some extra fonts (saves like 2mb)
e2fsprogs and bash are actually included in this one.
Full version for custom BLACKROSE only: (eng build)
Img's for fastboot (w/ Gapps): Evervolv-Perdo-2.1.0p2-passion.tar.bz2 - 123.8 MB
Flashable zip: (w/ gapps): Evervolv-Perdo-2.1.0p2-passion.zip - 124.4 MB
merge 4.0.3, trackball works (thanks jaybob413)
Full version for custom BLACKROSE only: (eng build)
Img's for fastboot: Evervolv-Perdo-2.1.0p1-passion.tar.bz2 - 99.0 MB
Flashable zip: Evervolv-Perdo-2.1.0p1-passion.zip - 100.0 MB
Gapps: gapps_ev-ics_12-13-2011.zip - 25.4 MB
New boot.img for 2.1.0p1
Includes init.d support -> tested and working with Darktremor Apps2SD 220.127.116.11 Beta 4a
Removed genlock from kernel: Possible fix for lockups.
boot-12192011.img - 1.9 MB
as flashable zips
Evervolv-Perdo-2.0.0p3-ITL41D-passion.zip - 101.1 MB
Merge in surfacetexture mod by rapmv78. No more "unable to dequeue native buffer" errors.
So this is basically a combination of rmcc, TwistedUmbrella, and rapmv78 egl mods.
It seems very smooth and usable therefore;
im am releasing two builds one for blackrose(the one i posted), one for stock.
You might get a random offset error but it will still work just fine.
Evervolv Gapps:gapps_evervolv_ICS.zip - 26.0 MB
EV-Alpha2 ics-passion-ev-alpha2.tar.bz2 - 129.5 MB
Stock Evervolv with these additions:
Merged it TwistedUmbrella egl mods
Added gapps, Bexton's UMS with notifications, bash, htop, rsync, other cmdline goodies
Use N1 boot animation
Gallery works, Maps work.
Haven't had a single crash in 1 hour (make that 2 hours) of use so far. I even watched a video on youtube.
Might be the best one yet (let me know).
Proc usage while playing youtube video:
EV-Alpha1 ics-passion-ev-alpha1.tar.bz2 - 127.2 MB
I joined with the Evervolv
This is stock evervolv ics (with my passion device directories).
These are build without opengl but with the rmcc egl hacks and the old gralloc.
This is an eng build with strictmode disabled. So all 'extras' that come with eng are included. (except strict mode)
I added gapps. and Bextons usb mass storage app.
Tested sound and gps they work.
Other than that gallery crashes, boot animation is too small, maps won't load.
Pedlars notification widget and CMSettings aren't in this one.
Nothing drastically different from alpha13. Just a different build tree.
Alpha13r1 ics-passion-alpha13r1.tar.bz2 - 134.3 MB
Exactly the same as alpha13 but without opengl enabled.
Difference: Notably slower, but all the apps work and no crashes. This is much more usable than alpha13. Im gonna stop messing with opengl until we get a proper kernel.
Alpha13 ics-passion-alpha13.tar.bz2 - 131.4 MB
In my failure to bring real hardware accelaration; here's a little hack for you.
There is alot of hype floating around about hardware (gpu) acceleration. The truth is nobody with adreno gpu has it. They only have software acceleration. Some have gotten it to work better than others. Personally i have not put very much time into the 'software hacks' being used. Because heavy kernel mods need to be made to get proper gpu acceleration; on this I have spend nearly 40 hours on with no notable progress made. I'd say in total I have spent 200+ hours trying to make this rom work but it really isn't an easy task. This rom is still very unstable and won't ever work properly until we have proper gpu acceleration. For general purpose (ie. Calls, Messaging, Web Browsing, Music) it works fine, please dont expect more from it. Thanks for testing.
Includes latest from CM.
Ril has these options available in build.prop:
Only one that is enabled is signalstrength. You can try a combination of them an see if it fixes your data issues.
Fixed (from alpha12): Sound, GPS, Mobile signal, Enable opengl (w/ software hack)
Removed DTApps2sd since it won't work without init.d support.
Gallery keeps force closing. Don't know why.
Settings keep crashing. Don't know why.
Alpha12 ics-passion-alpha12.tar.bz2 - 123.0 MB
EDIT: DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS. Looks like sound is broken too. Looks like alpha10 is the best bet sofar. Only downhill from there.
EDIT2: err looks like you can push audio.primary.qsd8k and audio_policy.qsd8k to get sound back. (untested)
EDIT3: I was wondering why system size was so much smaller lol.
DISABLE OPENGL: The HWA hack just sucks too much.
Use N1 stock bootanimation. It's cooler. (Oh, and I don't care what you think)
set config_hspa_data_distinguishable to true (Get an H instead of 3g)(I like it more)
Add some overlay items from crespo
Add some optimization cc flags
There were a couple ril changes to cm, maybe this will fix your data issues?
It seems Gallery will not work unless opengl is enabled (regardless of dalvik heap size)
Add htop, powertop, nano, vim, e2fsprogs (when using adb shell type bash to get them to work)
Remove Maps: So you can install the market version.
GPS is broke. It couldn't get it to build so just copied gps.mahmahi from previous build but that didnt work. I'll sort it out later. If you need gps dont upgrade.
Added Darktremor's Apps2sd modified for native bash support (in xbin). But it is not working. /sd-ext is not being mounted. It wont execute at runtime. The way it is set up. init.rc calls etc/init.local.rc calls bin/sysinit calls xbin/run-parts which calls etc/init.d/05mountsd now for somereason 05mountsd is not installed as executable even though it is executable in my out folder. changing 05mountsd to executable afterward still doesnt work. maybe someone can help me out here. my thought is init.d isn't setup properly. Also i would like to keep sysinit (or run-parts) being called from init.local.rc to keep init.rc and init.mahimahi.rc cleaner.
Alpha11 ics-passion-alpha11.tar.bz2 - 130.0 MB
Alpha11 is provided out of courtesy and is not supported my me complains about it will be ignored.
system img is ~210MB
aosp apps updated to r1.2
Turn off lockscreen/touchscreen sounds
Decrease animaition by 50% (forgot to change back when added opengl)(increase till your hearts content)
Increase pointer speed to 100 (clicking still doesnt work but hey fast cursor lol)
Update to wpa_supplicant 8 (fixes wifi icon)
Enable OPENGL: Pulled HWA fixes from preludedrew's (evervolv) repo. (NOTE: not real HWA but better)(May exerience significant battery drain)
Update adreno blobs from inc evervolv repo
**W/HardwareRenderer( 1557): Mountain View, we've had a problem here. Switching back to software rendering.**
Add Pedlar's CMSettings (experimental WIP) (has 2 icons don't bitch about it)
SHA256 crypto to kernel
fuse module to system (for future extended data on sdcard)
Camera app (camera still broke)
GoogleCalendar (1st in appdrawer is AOSP if sync doesn't work for you just remove Calendar.apk and use CalendarGoogle.apk)
FileManager (from CM)
**Pedlar's notification power widget (still in WIP stage) Install this
to allow configuration.
Correct location/name of some permission files
qralloc.qsd8k (slows down UI on not HWAccel builds)(Also removed in Alpha9)
First taste of CM9
Kernel: Kanged pershoots with netstats ported by me from teamhacksung.