By texasice, Retired Recognized Developer on 28th November 2011, 09:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th February 2012, 07:46 PM |#2051  
Flag Leicester
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosz-X

What the **** are the people thinking here?

Hey, we know that Texasice is busy working on OpenGL Support, and that's pretty difficult and he's doing a great job. But let's bitch about the notification bar instead!

Even though I'm not a user of evervolv, I'd like to thank texasice for his efforts so far, I know that I'll eventually benefit when the opengl work trickles through to medroid or cyanogenmod or some other ROM ... "when it's ready" works for me!
10th February 2012, 09:15 PM |#2052  
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 1

More
+1 I can't agree more with you

Quote:

What the **** are the people thinking here?

"Hey, we know that Texasice is busy working on OpenGL Support, and that's pretty difficult and he's doing a great job. But let's bitch about the notification bar instead! Oh, and while we're at it, we should do it with 20 people because perhaps he didn't read one of the posts."

Be thankful for gods sake, you're not talking to a company, but to a developer who is doing a great job for the community, and the community doesn't have the right at all to bitch about stuff that's not relevant at the moment.

Just my two cents.

10th February 2012, 11:05 PM |#2053  
Flag Barcelona,Spain
Thanks Meter: 12

More
After installing gapps on P8 system restart when trying to open Terminal emulator

Update: Force GPU rendering was enabled

Now its disabled ans no system restart when opening terminal emulator

Sent from my Nexus One using xda premium
10th February 2012, 11:20 PM |#2054  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 3,470

More
GAPPS: (latest are posted to mongoosehelix twitter page) or dl here (http://goo.gl/fXET8)

p8
Going forward with release. Nothing major changed since pre-p8. Still same major issues as outlined >here<. But its working good enough mainly releasing for those itching to try out chrome beta.
Whats new? Everything.
Massive kernel upgrade: misc wifi updates, fix ext 2/3 mountisg issues, add in call recording feature, updated kgsl (3d driver) to version 3.3 (cherry-picked partial upgrade to 3.7), other misc updates required for new kgsl driver. source is temporarily at https://github.com/drewis/tiamat-kernel/tree/wip9
Rom: now build with proper ICS OPENGL support (ie 100% hardware accelerated)(well more like 80-90% for now). I still have several issues to sort before hwa is working properly but this is a great start (imo). Screen off animation not working due to hwcomposer issue.

Note: This build is much less stable than p7 (or lower) but faster
Note: You must turn off auto rotate in Display Settings or you will experience lockups that require a battery pull. (i know whats causing it but it will be a fairly difficult fix)
Note: kernel build #119 which means i build the kernel 119 times to get this far, and that number is much much lower than the actual number of times i built the kernel before i got it booting and (mostly) working. Just something to think about, in terms of how much work it took to get this far

Gapps need to be flashed separetly.

Fastboot: http://dev-host.org/FxQ 99.31 MB
flashable zip: http://dev-host.org/VMr 101.00 MB
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to texasice For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift texasice Ad-Free
10th February 2012, 11:29 PM |#2055  
Flag Leiria
Thanks Meter: 1,770

Donate to Me
More
can you make a flashable zip just with the kernel ?

thanks
10th February 2012, 11:32 PM |#2056  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladnosferatu

thanks

+1 (and many more I'm sure!)
10th February 2012, 11:45 PM |#2057  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 3,470

More
Quote:

thanks

no. the kernel will not work on any other builds EDIT: im assuming. because the kgsl device has been renamed to kgsl-3d0 and im pretty sure the old gralloc wont recognize it. EDIT: if someone wants to test the new kernel on p7 and it works let me know and ill look into posting a kernel zip. EDIT again lol: ie you will need to pull the boot.img out of the zip or tarball and fastboot it. then if it works i will upload a flashable kernel zip.
10th February 2012, 11:48 PM |#2058  
Flag Horsens
Thanks Meter: 5,045

More
Quote:

thanks

The question is, would the kernel be enough? Currently the ROM's are build using old gb gralloc, altered frameworks where a lot of qcom stuff has been removed and so fourth because of our lack of a proper kernel. Will these builds work with this kernel alone without rebuilding the rest?

EDIT:
@texasice
Never mind, you answered while I was writing
10th February 2012, 11:49 PM |#2059  
Flag Leiria
Thanks Meter: 1,770

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasice

no. the kernel will not work on any other builds EDIT: im assuming. because the kgsl device has been renamed to kgsl-3d0 and im pretty sure the old gralloc wont recognize it.

gonna test you kernel on CM9 rom

EDIT:
dont work
11th February 2012, 12:10 AM |#2060  
Account currently disabled
Flag Tegucigalpa
Thanks Meter: 527

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

gonna test you kernel on CM9 rom

EDIT:
dont work

Off course, my actually build its compiling without opengl and other stuff and libs, i working on big update

Nice works texasice congratulations

Enviado desde mi Nexus One usando Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samuaz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift samuaz Ad-Free
11th February 2012, 12:11 AM |#2061  
Account currently disabled
Flag Tegucigalpa
Thanks Meter: 527

Donate to Me
More
Sorry duplicate. Please delete

Enviado desde mi Nexus One usando Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0.4, evervolv, ice cream sandwich, ics, nexus one, passion

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)