FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What sense-related project would you prefer to see next?

take a stab at porting sense 3.5 (pico)

9 Vote(s)
39.13%
Optimize 2.1 and add 3.0 elements like lockscreen

9 Vote(s)
39.13%
Stock rom knocked sense-less

5 Vote(s)
21.74%

[ROM]Stock 2.3.4, Sense 2.1[Rooted][Apps2sd][Virgin Mobile US]- Only for marvelc 510c

625 posts
Thanks Meter: 266

Post Reply Email Thread
This is a rebuilt nandroid backup from dsixda's Android Kitchen. Be sure to do a nandroid and do NOT flash this on any other model wildfire s[A510c ONLY]. 2.3.4 as is stock to us, added everything including busybox, A2SD, and su, If any devs would like to pull it apart and meld your kernel in, go for it; otherwise it just works on Virgin US. Again, make nandroid. Should have full HTC sense 2.1. Download Link2SD from market for some space savings, and don't say I didn't warn you to nandroid [three times].

Also, as with any new rom installation. I recommend doing the following in your recovery: a factory reset [which wipes your data and cache] and advanced clear dalvik cache. If you do those two things, you usually don't have any transference issues.

Code:
Android OS version             : 2.3.4
Device                         : marvelc
Model                          : HTC_A510c
ROM Name                       : 1.02.652.00
Rooted (Superuser.apk + su)    : YES
Rooted (unsecured boot.img)    : YES
BusyBox installed              : YES
BusyBox run-parts support      : YES
Apps2SD (Apps to EXT) enabled  : YES
/data/app enabled              : NO
Custom boot animation allowed  : NO
Nano text editor installed     : NO
Bash shell support             : YES
/system/framework is deodexed  : NO
/system/app is deodexed        : NO
radio.img found                : NO
ROM will wipe all data         : NO
--Download Link-- v1.0

Why do you leave your rom build odexed?
Well, first that's how it came, and I wanted a clean stock to build from. Also let us define odexed because for some reason it gets a bad rap.
Quote:

*ODEX-
In Android file system, applications come in packages with the extension .apk. These application packages, or APKs contain certain .odex files whose supposed function is to save space. These ‘odex’ files are actually collections of parts of an application that are optimized before booting. Doing so speeds up the boot process, as it preloads part of an application. On the other hand, it also makes hacking those applications difficult because a part of the coding has already been extracted to another location before execution.

Did we see something about being faster? yep. Did we also see something about saving space? yep.
Basically I deodex on roms under 100 meg, but sense roms are almost always going to be more than that.

Not happy about VM hiding/disabling WiFi and wish your stock had FM Radio?
See this post [same thread] for v1.1

Changelog:
01-01-12 v1.1 [see post link above]
changed hosting sites
updated system apk's
added some useful apk's
made a guide for Apps2sd
enabled, unhid WiFi
added HTC FM Radio

12-04-11 v1.0
totally scraped first build
Found oldest nandroid I had (made shortly after root)
built from that.
Did not deodex this time around.

Known Issues:
Friendstream only has Facebook - no other choices
This is how it came stock; I tried to fix it, but will have to port another sense to get it right.

Thanks
So many I can't remember them all.
eoghan2t7 - for his work developing s-off [w/o xtc clip]
GotsOJ - for being the first to document his s-off experience (was very helpful).
alquez - for his work on the Unoffical CWM Recovery and port of CyanogenMod [which is where I'll be spending some development time next (kernel editing)]
dsixda - of course for his kitchen
jikantaru - lots of sense development for the Euro-side of this phone
BigChillin - for being my first tester
Tera Tike - for very useful contributions to the thread
etc.

P.S. the RUU in the first thread [Football's] is not for Virgin US... maybe Canada or something... didn't work right on my first cook.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to insink71 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift insink71 Ad-Free

29th November 2011, 03:28 PM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Wichita
Thanks Meter: 165

More
You, my dear sir, are fecking amazing.

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to BigChillin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BigChillin Ad-Free
29th November 2011, 09:20 PM |#3  
Development Rom
might make this my temporary development rom. I've buit it up with ADW to a minimalist kind of existence. Will recook and add guides for those that care.
Do you all get marvel boot animation and black htc down animation [thanks to Jikantaru]?

Rob
29th November 2011, 10:52 PM |#4  
Flag Wichita

More
Yes. But the marvel animations framerate might be too much. It's very jumpy.

Sent from my HTC_A510c
1st December 2011, 01:32 AM |#5  
rework
I think I'll try to make stock rom flashable; then build this up a bit. No official RUU makes it more difficult. But I think I can find a way. Side project: might release some flashable kernels. We might then be ok to flash behind existing roms [also experimental]. This would meld our ramdisk with some other kernel(s)... Not breaking out any editors yet; trying to get lucky.

Rob
1st December 2011, 01:47 AM |#6  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Not bad all that is needed now is overclocking kernel. I can add everything else I need.

Installed a2sd and gotten 133mb free and installed 20 apps and still have lots of free space. I'm keeping this on now.

Bluetooth connected to my laptop.

Seems as though mms isn't working too.
1st December 2011, 02:44 PM |#7  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Reverted back to stock due to mms issues. Need mms for work. I did make a backup just in case somebody can tell me how to fix the mms issue. Other than that I FREAKING LOVE IT!!!!!!
1st December 2011, 09:50 PM |#8  
Flag Wichita

More
Mms force closes anytime you try to add a picture. I also get the phone app fc sometimes on start up. But that one doesn't cause any call problems.

Sent from my HTC_A510c
1st December 2011, 10:35 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
So do I understand correctly that this ROM lacks HTC Sense?
1st December 2011, 10:41 PM |#10  
Flag Wichita

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcamos

So do I understand correctly that this ROM lacks HTC Sense?

It has the lock screen and some other small parts. But mostly, sense is gone.

Sent from my HTC_A510c
4th December 2011, 07:26 PM |#11  
Rework
Guys:

Reworked this rom. Test it and tell me if you find anything broken. From what I've seen, Sense is back, its odexed, and seems to work. Thanks in advance.

Rob

PS I believe bt and mms will both work now.
The Following User Says Thank You to insink71 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift insink71 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)