By JackpotClavin, Inactive Recognized Developer on 29th November 2011, 01:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th December 2011, 05:50 PM |#181  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
New York
Thanks Meter: 3,846

Donate to Me
More
Fyi I'm shifting my focus to ics now. We might need some kernel tweaks as I haven't had a successful boot yet and I'm running out of options

Sent from my DROID Pro using XDA App
4th December 2011, 05:56 PM |#182  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Do you think that over time the process will become more streamlined? Ie . Not having to use adb./??

Sent from my Full Android on Bravo using XDA App
4th December 2011, 06:01 PM |#183  
New York

Donate to Me
More
After I get ics working I'll make scripts similar to the one click root for linux/windows and if somebody can help me with a mac (shouldn't be too different from linux)

I'll also make other recovery images so we can backup and restore and I'll make scripts to make those images active as well

This will be until we get the touch recovery working

The Following User Says Thank You to JackpotClavin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JackpotClavin Ad-Free
4th December 2011, 06:32 PM |#184  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 137

Donate to Me
More
You guys may also want to make note to install gapps while you have CWM installed. Once you have flashed CM7, you can remove the update.zip and replace it with the gapps zip file renamed to update.zip. Then flash again.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

I reenabled HW graphics. It runs a lot smoother now. Tried Youtube through the browser and it crashes (remember, I've made changes. I did not test this before my modifications). The YouTube app runs smoothly, but has an intermittent stutter that happens every 3 seconds or so. When it isn't stuttering, it runs smoothly.

EDIT:

Ok, changed back the dalvik heap to 64m from 48m and the YouTube app works fine now.
4th December 2011, 06:33 PM |#185  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I did all the steps listed, everything seemed to go fine, but, in the very last step when I do adb reboot, it reboots twice like you say, but just goes back into CWM 5.0.2.7 recovery. I'll try reboot again.

I lied, I didn't do the dd if=/sbin/stockrecovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/mmci-omap-hs.1/by-name/recovery step. just did it now, Let's see what we get.....
4th December 2011, 06:41 PM |#186  
Flag Atlanta, GA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edansbro

I did all the steps listed, everything seemed to go fine, but, in the very last step when I do adb reboot, it reboots twice like you say, but just goes back into CWM 5.0.2.7 recovery. I'll try reboot again.

I lied, I didn't do the dd if=/sbin/stockrecovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/mmci-omap-hs.1/by-name/recovery step. just did it now, Let's see what we get.....

It sounds like you may not have reflashed the stock recovery.

EDIT: You beat me to your edit.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Another update. It does not appear sound is working. I verified the volume was up, and also tried headphones. Sadly the Numa Numa guy was not to be heard.
4th December 2011, 06:43 PM |#187  
New York

Donate to Me
More
Yeah I think it has to do with the lack of media_profiles.xml in the build I gave you. Since I switched over to ics I use it, but it's not in your build because I completely forgot

4th December 2011, 06:44 PM |#188  
Thanks Meter: 170

More
I know you're busy Calvin, but could we get an issue list from someone who has installed it? Or does everything work perfectly?
4th December 2011, 06:46 PM |#189  
Flag Atlanta, GA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackpotClavin

Yeah I think it has to do with the lack of media_profiles.xml in the build I gave you. Since I switched over to ics I use it, but it's not in your build because I completely forgot

Do you want to provide me with this and I can test?
4th December 2011, 06:56 PM |#190  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck_looi

Anyone know how to go back to Stock ROM from CM7??

Can anyone answer this poor man's question? lol

More specifically, I'd like to know if there's currently a way to backup our current ROM and use that to restore stock.
4th December 2011, 07:11 PM |#191  
Flag Brasilia
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Just donated some beer money.
Gapps is merged with the update.zip or I have to install it separably
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boot, cyanogenmod, fire, kindle, roms

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)