Also, since in this new version the background service uses low ram (5mb in my case), i didn't disable it.
- add translations (i'll do the italian one, please translate the strings.xml file and post it so that i can add it in the new releases)
- customizable number formatting
Simply install the zip from CWM recovery!
[THE FOLLOWING IS VALID FOR THE OLD VERSION ONLY]
Hi to all,
I like very much Touchpal Dialer, but it had some problems for me to be my daily dialer:
- it launches a background service that eats 10-15 MB of precious ram (other similar apps don't have any bg service);
- it does not clear missed call notifications (on Gingerbread, as all non stock dialers), and you cannot move it as a system app (e.g. using Titanium Backup) because doing so it crashes
- it (like many other dialers) does not open when i tap on a missed call notification...
So I patched this app to work as it should be out of the... market!
- I changed the service so that now it runs only when TouchPal is open;
- I added support for NotiGo, so now TouchPal clears missed calls notifications also on Gingerbread.
But for this to work you have to install NotiGo (see the first post) and install TouchPal after that.
- Finally, I added support for the Galaxy missed call notification, so you can finally open TouchPal's call log when tapping on a missed call, instead of the built in (crap) call log.
For the techs this is what I've done:
- In SmartDialerService, method ensureService(), I replaced the call to startService() with bindService(), because every TouchPal activity calls ensureService on creation;
- In SmartDialerService I added a new method askForStop() to shut down the service when no TouchPal activity is using it, and added a call to this in the onDestroy() method of every TouchPal activity;
- In DialerActivity and CallLogActivity I added the call to NotiGo to clear the notifications;
- In the AndroidManifest.xml I added an intent support for the action"com.sec.android.app.dialertab.calllog.Detai lViewActivity", which is broadcasted when you tap a missed call notification. Also, obviously, added permission support for NotiGo ("thinkpanda.permission.CLEAR_MISSED_CALL")
For further details, please decompile the apk and compare the smali files to the original ones.
Please give me feedback on this mod, and if you like it hit Thanks!
- com.cootek.smartdialer_3.3-mod1.apk: initial release (see before)
- com.cootek.smartdialer_3.3-mod2.apk: corrected some label in italian translation
- com.cootek.smartdialer_3.4-mod3.apk: reapplied all patches on new version 3.4
- touchpal-contacts-4.0.4-mod4.zip: new version 4.0.4 patched and distributed as a CWM update
- touchpal-contacts-4.3.0-mod5.zip: new version 4.3.0 patched and distributed as a CWM update