UK Transformer Prime PRE-ORDER LINKS AND ORDER TRACKING **UK ONLY**

Search This thread

callmejimmyj

Jan 13, 2012
Ordered from ebuyer yesterday 11am, arrived today at 10am.
Needed around 10% charge to boot.

Serial BCOKA

No dead or stuck pixels that I can see so far (still have the platic wrap on)

Can't connect to wifi hotspot on my desire even tho its right next to the TFP :(

kristovaher

Jul 29, 2010
Tallinn
www.waher.net
I've just fired off an email to them Kristo asking:-
  • a. To confirm stock levels.
  • b. To query when they 'believe' (with confirmation proof) they will stock the Champagne model.

Another reason they are thought highly is on receipt of the order you also get a returns slip which negates any RMA procedure. They actually say even if the item requires an RMA (which in the case of Asus is often the case) to ignore any RMA and simply return the item via the attached returns slip.

Thanks! Keep us updated.

Reality is though that they don't ship TF201 internationally directly, it has to be organized through their separate service. I'll go that route if Amazon does not seem to deliver, but in all honesty, I think that enough dust has been kicked up at Amazon now that they intend to secure batch from ASUS as soon as it becomes available. I don't think the next batch, whenever it arrives, ignores Amazon anymore.

But really, having a pre-order up for a month on an item with confirmed release date and ASUS saying they sent Amazon stock for backorders and lying about it is still unbelieveable.

shawt

Nov 12, 2008
Prague
I called to CPW and ask them about my order and she just said..it is out of stock. Other people already have them from CPW. I do not understand. Cancelin my order. I checked Ebuyer and they are out of stock as well...how many people want to buy this tablet :D

pjmurphy123

Feb 25, 2010
OK, I sent an email yesterday to the Managing Director of Amazon UK.

I've just had a response from the Chief Executive's office, saying they have been chasing the buyers, suppliers and basically trying to find out what's happening. I doubt I was the only one to contact them, so hopefully they were aware it was a big issue!

However, they've apparently just been updated and are expecting a delivery of Primes TODAY! Once scanned, they will start processing pre-orders.

Fingers crossed this isn't more BS and that they are being truthful!

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
I'd order from JL in a heartbeat if they had the gold in stock. The only thing that puzzles me is they dont offer anything but the free 7 day delivery choice ... i dont mind paying for next day !
Danny,
They do offer a Next Day service:-
"A next working day/named day delivery service is available for £6.95, and we can make this pre-10.30am or between 6 - 10pm for £9.95".

reefachief

Nov 28, 2009
John Lewis FTW!

Amazon pre order cancelled. Ordered from John Lewis. They have in stock in the warehouse but not in stores so up to 7 days delivery time - better than indefinite from amazon. I would have ordered from JL in the first place if I had known - 2yr warranty and excellent returns and customer services.

kristovaher

Jul 29, 2010
Tallinn
www.waher.net
OK, I sent an email yesterday to the Managing Director of Amazon UK.

I've just had a response from the Chief Executive's office, saying they have been chasing the buyers, suppliers and basically trying to find out what's happening. I doubt I was the only one to contact them, so hopefully they were aware it was a big issue!

However, they've apparently just been updated and are expecting a delivery of Primes TODAY! Once scanned, they will start processing pre-orders.

Fingers crossed this isn't more BS and that they are being truthful!

This is about Grey version I assume? Did you get any more details or can you share the e-mail through PM?

pjmurphy123

Feb 25, 2010
It is indeed the Grey version.

Apart from the wishy washy apologies, the crux of the email is as follows:

I am contacting you on behalf of the office of the Amazon.co.uk Ltd Managing Director, Mr Christopher North.

I have investigated the issue with our Buying team and Product Group. They have confirmed that despite the supply delays/issues, the official release date of Asus EeePad Transformer Prime TF201 has not been moved.

We pride ourselves on resolving customer concerns quickly and accurately and I'm sorry this didn't happen when you originally contacted us. I can see that due to mis-communication a wrong expectation was set. Previous customer service agent asked our Product group when the item in question will be available again. Given the feedback from the vendor it was communicated that stock would be available to sell again on site on or by the 27th Jan. Again, this detail is subject to change.

Before the item is listed as available on our website, we would need to fulfil pre-orders that were placed by our customers so far. This would include your order.

The latest information received states that we expect to receive the stock of the Grey Asus EeePad Transformer Prime TF201 into our Fulfilment Centres today, 13th Jan 2012.

As soon as the stock is scanned as received, you will receive an automated email confirming the new delivery date promise. Once your order is sent you'll receive an e-mail confirming the date, contents and method of delivery.

Please know that the appropriate supervisory department has been made aware of your experience to make sure we provide revised training for the future.

Hope that helps. I was given the email address of managingdirector@amazon.co.uk by the Live Chat help people.

Danny-B-

May 6, 2005
Scotland
Danny,
They do offer a Next Day service:-
"A next working day/named day delivery service is available for £6.95, and we can make this pre-10.30am or between 6 - 10pm for £9.95".

Yeah i noticed that, but for some reason, when you go through the checkout process (i was just curious, as its only the grey model in atm) It doesnt give the option to change delivery options ...

kristovaher

Jul 29, 2010
Tallinn
www.waher.net
It is indeed the Grey version.

Apart from the wishy washy apologies, the crux of the email is as follows:

I am contacting you on behalf of the office of the Amazon.co.uk Ltd Managing Director, Mr Christopher North.

I have investigated the issue with our Buying team and Product Group. They have confirmed that despite the supply delays/issues, the official release date of Asus EeePad Transformer Prime TF201 has not been moved.

We pride ourselves on resolving customer concerns quickly and accurately and I'm sorry this didn't happen when you originally contacted us. I can see that due to mis-communication a wrong expectation was set. Previous customer service agent asked our Product group when the item in question will be available again. Given the feedback from the vendor it was communicated that stock would be available to sell again on site on or by the 27th Jan. Again, this detail is subject to change.

Before the item is listed as available on our website, we would need to fulfil pre-orders that were placed by our customers so far. This would include your order.

The latest information received states that we expect to receive the stock of the Grey Asus EeePad Transformer Prime TF201 into our Fulfilment Centres today, 13th Jan 2012.

As soon as the stock is scanned as received, you will receive an automated email confirming the new delivery date promise. Once your order is sent you'll receive an e-mail confirming the date, contents and method of delivery.

Please know that the appropriate supervisory department has been made aware of your experience to make sure we provide revised training for the future.

Hope that helps. I was given the email address of managingdirector@amazon.co.uk by the Live Chat help people.

I sent them an e-mail to that same address few days ago, but did not get any replies. It was a long and detailed post with a lot of detail.

But it is good that you got an answer, at least we know something now.

tifosi256

Jan 21, 2009
London
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Can't connect to wifi hotspot on my desire even tho its right next to the TFP :(

I think I saw a thread about this. Something like if you've upgraded to ICS, it has lost ad-hoc mode - it must be infrastructure. It's somewhere on this forum. Of course, if you haven't got ICS yet, then I've got no idea.

I'd be interested to know what you discover on this though since I have a Sensation and will no doubt run into issues like yours :(

kristovaher

Jul 29, 2010
Tallinn
www.waher.net
You know, I have the craziest theory of the day why Champagne Gold TF201 does not seem to be available.

It is entirely likely that they have fixed the back on the device and will ship items with that new backplate.

It is already known that new Champagne Gold backplate exists for Transforme Prime, it was shown in CES. Since there are already rumours that RMA'd Prime's are being tweaked in some way, it is possible that ASUS is tweaking all Champagne Gold devices this way since everything else about the device is exactly the same.

Why not Amethyst Grey? Because Amethyst Grey is more popular and was manufactured for UK release first. It is possible that next batch of that device will be tweaked similarly. This is also possibly the reason why some sites report it being 'discontinued'.

I know it is a very wild theory, I do know, but I need to entertain myself with something :D

Last edited:

callmejimmyj

Jan 13, 2012
I think I saw a thread about this. Something like if you've upgraded to ICS, it has lost ad-hoc mode - it must be infrastructure. It's somewhere on this forum. Of course, if you haven't got ICS yet, then I've got no idea.

I'd be interested to know what you discover on this though since I have a Sensation and will no doubt run into issues like yours :(

Unfortunately no, still on HC (cant connect to wifi to dl ICS).

Since reading other posts about TFP wifi I have also tried various combos with BT on/off/paired etc - still nothing!

I have also seen that other's have had success changing the channel/frequency of their network but I cant test that til I get home this evening.

ToneyEricsson

Nov 10, 2008
London
Mine arrived this morning everything about the unit seems fine. Updated to ICS although one issue I'm getting a force close on the XDA app lol. Cleared cache and still the same so uninstalled the XDA app and reinstalled and rebooted but still the same. Not really sure what to make of that.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

Tarquis

Jan 11, 2012
Ordered from ebuyer yesterday 11am, arrived today at 10am.
Needed around 10% charge to boot.

Serial BCOKA

No dead or stuck pixels that I can see so far (still have the platic wrap on)

Check this thread (change hxxp to http) out for HTC Desire issue on Tethering with Orange. Might help. hxxp://androidforums.com/htc-desire/434781-desire-wifi-hotspot-not-working-following-upgrade-official-htc-gingerbread-rom.html

I have the Prime with ICS installed, tethered fine to my HTC Desire HD on Orange now.

flub

Nov 17, 2008
I got my TFP yesterday from Carphone Wharehouse & have updated to ICS no probs.
WiFi I can honestly say seems fine & GPS got lock on accurate to 20 meters faster than my Dell streak 5 does.
Overall I am well pleased no hangs, Shadowgun THD works brilliantly, dock is snug tight fit & no screen bleed or dead pixels.

tomrobbo26

Feb 3, 2011
Durham
Mine arrived this morning from ebuyer! Very impressed with their service!

Can't see any faults with it at the moment except I don't have an update for ICS yet. Says there are no available updates. Guess it might just be a waiting game for that.

Anyone else got one and not received ICS yet?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Folks ... lets please keep this to pre-orders etc ... theres enough moaning on the forums already ...
    Remember me telling you a couple of days back that Clove Technology were carrying out extensive tests on some Prime stock they managed to get hold of and that Clove had now completed their tests and would be emailing pre-order customers what their intentions were......
    Well at the time I could not tell you the contents of our discussions.

Clove are now sending emails to all pre-customers informing them of their stance on selling the Asus Prime.
    Personally I think it is a bold and strong message they are sending back to Asus and a credit to the community that they are refusing to sell the Prime.
    They are the only seller that has the B***s to say what a lot of us want to pass back to Asus.

Here below is the transcript of the email message being sent:-

We are contacting you regarding the interest you expressed in the ASUS Transformer Prime 32GB model.

Stock supply has been a real issue and good levels of stock are not expected until late February/March.

However we have been able to obtain some stock sooner than expected; but because of complaints of faults with the model we took the decision to thoroughly test stock before fulfilling any orders.

We are at this time not satisfied that all units we could provide you with are working correctly, and performing to the standard we expect of the unit.

We have therefore taken the decision until further notice stop selling the ASUS Transformer Prime.

If in time we feel that the situation has changed and we are happy to sell the Prime, we will email you to let you know that we are once again accepting orders.

We apologise that this is the situation but trust you understand our reasons for doing so.

The Clove Technology Sales Team.
    It has arrived delivered 8am from Comet. it does include the dock. just charging it up now to have a play. it is very nice indeed.
    Apologies if posted before but this site is useful for tracking UK availability. It doesn't cover all outlets but useful nonetheless. This is where I was alerted to the Comet availability.

http://www.nowinstock.net/uk/computers/tablets/asus/
    Guys,

Get over to Comet they have the Grey in stock. Just phoned them ... lady said they had about 200 in stock, so I ordered and it will be delivered Monday 30th. Cancelled with JL.