FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Flash Lumia With Generic Firmware (debrand)?

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By biggzy, Member on 1st December 2011, 12:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all, is it possible to flash a branded Nokia Lumia 800 with generic unbranded firmware? if so how would i go about doing so, thanks for any help.

Adam.

1st December 2011, 03:07 PM |#2  
ET Admin
Thanks Meter: 8,539

More
Moved to Nokia Lumia 800 General

This is a device specific question. Not in the WP7 development section please.

Please refer to the read before posting sticky for guidelines.

Take it easy

O_G
1st December 2011, 05:01 PM |#3  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 162

More
I'm afraid it's impossible for now...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
The Following User Says Thank You to sonydesouza For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sonydesouza Ad-Free
1st December 2011, 09:59 PM |#4  
Flag Scunthorpe uk
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggzy

Hi all, is it possible to flash a branded Nokia Lumia 800 with generic unbranded firmware? if so how would i go about doing so, thanks for any help.

Adam.

wow biggzy lol long time buddy prodigits s60 eh lol how are ya buddy davec26 here now 35 :P ok well Nokia lumia is now a 2 bit encription it was 4 but now 2 so will be a long way off for unlock as for generic im wondering if phoneix will do it ??? Have U traced the generic files ? If not I can post generic firmware here but what to use to flash it I have no idea yet lol ufs maybe
1st December 2011, 10:33 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Birmingham

More
Hi davec26, im great thanks, yourself? It has been a while lol, iv been an iPhone user for the past half a year, before that I had my last s60 device, the N8, no more s60 for me, so was waiting for nokias WP7 device, and now I love it, great device.

Not sure what will flash this, but im sure phoenix won't do it, its not like s60, im sure the WP7 gurus will find a way.

Adam.
2nd December 2011, 04:39 PM |#6  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 29

More
What network are you on? Just wondering the level of branding on yours, on Three all there is is a 3 logo on boot.
2nd December 2011, 04:42 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Birmingham

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brummiesteven

What network are you on? Just wondering the level of branding on yours, on Three all there is is a 3 logo on boot.

Im on T-mobile, theres no boot logo but there is a tile color they have put on called t-magenta and a t-mobile bookmark, thats all i think.

Adam.
2nd December 2011, 06:14 PM |#8  
Flag Birmingham

More
Quote:

Im on T-mobile, theres no boot logo but there is a tile color they have put on called t-magenta and a t-mobile bookmark, thats all i think.

Adam.

Fortunately Three didn't do anyof that, nokia blue is still present.

Another route instead of flashing is to be a developer. This is how I got rid of T-Mobile Branding on my Omnia 7 by flashing the Mango Beta. I assume they will release a Tango Beta in the same way to developers and you'll be able to flash that to your phone and have a generic rom.
2nd December 2011, 06:35 PM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Birmingham

More
Quote:

Another route instead of flashing is to be a developer. This is how I got rid of T-Mobile Branding on my Omnia 7 by flashing the Mango Beta. I assume they will release a Tango Beta in the same way to developers and you'll be able to flash that to your phone and have a generic rom.

Thanks for the info, I still have the "Blue" theme unless there's 2 blue colors on the generic Lumis 800 ROM?

Adam.
3rd December 2011, 09:47 AM |#10  
Flag Bayonne
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:

Yes I hope that to!!

I'm dev_unlock on my Lumia, but I still have this ****ing operator branding and I do not have received 7740 update yet!!
4th December 2011, 05:45 PM |#11  
Flag Birmingham

More
Quote:

Thanks for the info, I still have the "Blue" theme unless there's 2 blue colors on the generic Lumis 800 ROM?

Adam.

Yeah there's blue and Nokia Blue.

AFAIK there's room for 1 custom colour. Nokia have used that space for Nokia Blue but if networks want their colour on the phone the only option they have is to replace Nokia Blue, default colours can't be replaced and they can't add another one.
The Following User Says Thank You to brummiesteven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brummiesteven Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)