App Version Here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1568318
Few people have been asking me how i got the Miui Battery Bar into my ROM on the x10! short answer is i didn't i wrote my own battery bar! and here is how you can use it!
Hide / Show
Auto-Magicaly Color (Low Med Reg Charge)
Auto Detection of screen Width ( Bar works in Portrait and Landscape Mode )
Charge Animation options.
Options App v2.0 added height options. v3.0 added new color dialogs. v4.0 fixed default color of med level to be non-transparent.
Battery Bar v2 added height options and fixed default colors.
Ok so there are 2 files attached
First is a Zip with the files needed to add to the SystemUI.apk (THIS IS NOT FLASHABLE)
Second is an the Settings app for the Battery Bar.
decompile your SystemUI.apk
i use Apk Manager
Navigate to smali\com\android\systemui\statusbar\ Folder
Place the 3 Smali Files from the zip here
You need to Navigate to the res\layouts\ Folder
open your statusbar.xml
Underneath the line with
*** CHANGED ON v3 ***
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.BatteryBar android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
it should be right at the bottom above the
i have added my statusbar.xml for reference if yours is in a different order no big deal just put it last and above this line
Recompile the apk however you normaly would (there are so many ways i wont cover this here)
then push it to your phone and reboot.
If you don't know how or are having issues this is how I do it!
a. i have a file on my desctop that i edit this is a copy of the file pulled from my phone.
1. after all mods are done open up apk manager
2. type 22 hit enter and pick the file you were editing ( SystemUI.apk )
3. type 11 hit enter and the app will recompile.
- 4. Open a copy of the SystemUI.apk ( see note a ) in winnra or 7zip ect put that window on one side of your screen ( windows 7 snap too (windows key + -> or <- ) is awesome for this )
5. Navigate to the projects folder of APK Manager and then navigate to the app you edited (SystemUI.apk)
6. Navigate to the /build/apk folder ( snap this to the other side of your screen ) ( Note that the build/apk folder has the same structure as the apk file open in winnra / 7zip )
7. for THIS MOD only! you will need these files simply drag the 2 files listed below into the same folder location in the open apk in winnra / 7zip
8. Push the apk that you draged the files into to your phone with adb like this
adb push [where ever your apk is]/SystemUI.apk system/app/SystemUI.apk
adb shell chmod 0644 system/app/SystemUI.apk
9. whilst you have adb up reboot
+ 4. Open a copy of the SystemUI.apk ( see note a ) in winnra or 7zip ect put that window on one side of your screen ( windows 7 snap too (windows key + -> or
- 10. Proceed to next step
Once your status bar is back and running (you will have no battery bar yet)
Simply install "BatteryBarSettings.apk" then open the app and pick your settings!
all i ask is you don't modify the about section of the app if you choose to use it! and give credits where credits due. feel free to change my dodgy icon and if anyone has a better one i will also put the sources for the settings app up on my git when i get git back up ( and when i tidy up and add comments ) and running in the next few days so that those of you running on source versions can cook it in from scratch. ( i don't think i need to explain how to do that if you are compiling sources i think you'll know what to do )
Vissit My Git to have a Look
with some help i can probably port this to older android versions (<2.3) as needed but i dont have access to a rom to test it on currently. so if you can help me there let me know
Hope you found this helpfull! Let me know if this is not clear enough!
Q: I am getting a FC on this or that, can you help me!
A: NO. We can't help you. Because what you just said means nothing to us.
We want to help you SO much, but in order to do that you need to report the bug properly.
We took care of that too, see here:
Q:OMG YOU STOLE MY WORK! YOU [email protected]#$!% etc etc etc
A: I kindly ask you that if you have an issue with anything above to PM me so i can sort it out politely. There is no need to flame in the thread.
Thanks to Devmil